my scary ....funny....adventure..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
About five years ago......I had a business partner run out with all our money and tools....
I found myself losing my apartment and becoming homeless.....my daughter and granddaughter
along with my then 3month old grandson..piled into a rented moving truck and headed south
back to south Florida.....we had friends there who wanted to help us......when we arrived the friends
plan fell through and we were forced to live for two days in said truck......
the friends help us by finding us places to stay with other friends....a lot to ask ....
we moved in with a single mother with two children......she also was struggling and
with all of us together we could help each other.....my daughter became fast friends ...
The woman's two children took a liking to me.....and when they returned from school would run to tell
me of their day......this did not take well with the mother.....she claimed I was trying to take over and I had to leave.....my daughter could stay with the children but I had to go....against my daughters pleading....I packed what I had left in my dufflebag and walked out the door....I still had a few days
left in my cell phone before it was shut off.....and where I was walking too did not know.......
I was close to the airport and with only one road that lead me to the beach was where I headed.....
As I got to this deserted road winding around the airport.........I noticed something ahead.....at first
I thought it was a raccoon or something......then there was three.....with a car heading from the other direction the thing stood on two feet and proceeded to scream at this car.......I stopped dead in the middle of the street.......not a raccoon....its was monkeys..........as the car made it past them.......
I stood frozen.....praying......trying to figure out what to do.......since I'm surrounded by chain link fence on both sides....it was turn back or go past.........now I'm a reasonable woman I think.....why I chose to go past was unclear........the monkeys at this point have started crossing three by three....
jumping to the other side ....crossing the street......now the one larger one was sitting by the side of the road seeming to be the leader......as I slowly started to pass I decided I would just not make eye contact and maybe they would not be threatened by me.......I'm small...did I say I was reasonable.....
well I don't know what I was thinking......I walked right past them.......bag hanging from my shoulder....and as I passed them.......the one started to scream and monkeys started running.....
At me ..........I don't know .....but I ran for my life.........and I was praying .....crying......running.....
as I turned the corner..........I looked back.........and they were gone.......I sat under a palm tree called
my daughter and we prayed......I made it.....now the craziness continues.......but I will save that....
for another time......sorry for this long one but it was worth sharing.......and laughing at me is good.....
Because it is ridiculas.......and these adventures kind of defines my life..........he he he.....peace ....jo

P

psychomom

this, beloved jo, is why we do NOT intentionally move to south Florida. :)

i'm just joshin'...thanks for sharing...i actually was a bit terrified.
and i laughed.

monkeys...
:rolleyes:

Dec 22, 2014
About five years ago......I had a business partner run out with all our money and tools....
I found myself losing my apartment and becoming homeless.....my daughter and granddaughter
along with my then 3month old grandson..piled into a rented moving truck and headed south
back to south Florida.....we had friends there who wanted to help us......when we arrived the friends
plan fell through and we were forced to live for two days in said truck......
the friends help us by finding us places to stay with other friends....a lot to ask ....
we moved in with a single mother with two children......she also was struggling and
with all of us together we could help each other.....my daughter became fast friends ...
The woman's two children took a liking to me.....and when they returned from school would run to tell
me of their day......this did not take well with the mother.....she claimed I was trying to take over and I had to leave.....my daughter could stay with the children but I had to go....against my daughters pleading....I packed what I had left in my dufflebag and walked out the door....I still had a few days
left in my cell phone before it was shut off.....and where I was walking too did not know.......
I was close to the airport and with only one road that lead me to the beach was where I headed.....
As I got to this deserted road winding around the airport.........I noticed something ahead.....at first
I thought it was a raccoon or something......then there was three.....with a car heading from the other direction the thing stood on two feet and proceeded to scream at this car.......I stopped dead in the middle of the street.......not a raccoon....its was monkeys..........as the car made it past them.......
I stood frozen.....praying......trying to figure out what to do.......since I'm surrounded by chain link fence on both sides....it was turn back or go past.........now I'm a reasonable woman I think.....why I chose to go past was unclear........the monkeys at this point have started crossing three by three....
jumping to the other side ....crossing the street......now the one larger one was sitting by the side of the road seeming to be the leader......as I slowly started to pass I decided I would just not make eye contact and maybe they would not be threatened by me.......I'm small...did I say I was reasonable.....
well I don't know what I was thinking......I walked right past them.......bag hanging from my shoulder....and as I passed them.......the one started to scream and monkeys started running.....
At me ..........I don't know .....but I ran for my life.........and I was praying .....crying......running.....
as I turned the corner..........I looked back.........and they were gone.......I sat under a palm tree called
my daughter and we prayed......I made it.....now the craziness continues.......but I will save that....
for another time......sorry for this long one but it was worth sharing.......and laughing at me is good.....
Because it is ridiculas.......and these adventures kind of defines my life..........he he he.....peace ....jo
Hahahaaa... Yes you made it my dear, yes you did.

It's a short story, but I'm sure you've got plenty of much longer ones, and not just about "physical" monkeys but probably "spiritual" ones chasing after you too... hahahahaaa

Thanks for sharing. :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praying you are doing a lot better now! I confess, I did not know there are monkeys in Florida!

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
Monkeys......in Florida.....I remember back in the 70's they had a monkey sanctuary....on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale......they held these things in by a high fence......they were always escaping and sometimes when you look up in the palm trees on the wrong side of the fence..and there they were...so now we have wild
monkeys who have made all the woods and surrounding areas their home.....when I told people
after it happened they wanted to know what I was smoking....Lol
But they really did......the sanctuary is gone and has been for years......but I know where all the monkeys went.......along with the wild parrots and iguanas.....its a real jungle here....

presidente

May 29, 2013
That's a crazy story. What kind of monkeys were they? Long tail macaques are dangerous. I used to stay in a house with someone who had a chained up long tail macaque, a female. They can be very aggressive. Since she was tied up, I'd tease her a bit by showing her my teeth. Eventually, she just ignored me, which was probably a good thing. When the woman I would marry came over, she made friends with that monkey, carried it on her shoulder, the day before that monkey got a bath for the first time in three months or so.

When we were in Bali, we stopped by the side of the road to feed some wild monkeys. I don't know why she did it, but my wife squatted down to feed them. When she ran out of cookies, one of them scratched her right below the eye. I think she learned not to mess with wild monkeys.

My friend had this other pet tree monkey, a dark kind that looked like it had a spiked hairdo. Those things didn't seem dangerous at all. They just move away if they feel threatened. If you scare them (like my friend did once with a bank that looked like a cartoon tiger), they make a high pitched noise.

Anyway, I hope things work out for you soon.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
God has done some amazing things for my family and I.....we all got jobs....we are all together
In a nice townhouse ......and our lives are in harmony and loving God always......

I did finally make it to the beach.....where I slept and lived for two nights...when
friends from up north wanted me to come stay with them.......I got to witness in a house
full of lost souls....I found employment and was able to trans fer to a store down
the street from where my daughter was living here in Florida.......God has surely shown me love ..and
has always provided for us.....

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You are much braver than me I must confess I am not a fan of monkeys and would have been terrified with loose ones. When they are contained I don't mind them but I am more afraid of wild life in the wild. Monkeys would have scared me for sure and I do live in Florida Clearwater, we do not have loose monkeys here I'm glad....

So glad you are in a much better place now. I would have been scared to sleep out on the beach by myself too you are much braver than I am in this area.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
Brave......at the time.....the last thing I felt was brave.....before this the only monkey I saw was a cartoon one I watched with my grand son.........I prayed for strength....I gave the whole situation
to God.....I was terrified the whole time......I wanted to give up.....I just don't know how......all I know
is I have always been a surviver.......I knew God was taking me somewhere I missed....it forced me back to where I was ....my call there was not complete.....I had missed something......so He gave me no choice to go back......when I let things happen instead of struggling on my own.....everything fell into place.....I found a dollar 80....in the lining of my bag.....the exact amount to get the bus that was 10feet away from me.......to the train station....which friends showed up with $80 which was the exact amount needed for a ticket when I got to d.c......friends picked me up and took me to there home.......
at that moment ...my cell phone shut off......and I literally started there with the clothes on my back......and less than two years later...I was transferring back to Florida....this time with my
children with a home band a job waiting for me.........God is amazing......

P

psychomom

jo, these little glimpses into your life...they're inspiring.

please, as you wish, keep them coming. :)

(ever seen The Princess Bride? "as you wish" means i love you)

presidente

May 29, 2013
I heard a story about a guy in Africa who had to walk a road to get where he was going. Spending the night on the road wasn't an option. He got to a certain part of the road and there were lions lounging around there. He took of his shirt and whipped it around and ran straight at the lions. They got out of the way and let them pass. Lions don't like whipping noises, the sound of whips and flags. He figured maybe lions weren't used to anything actually running at them, so they were confused and moved out of the way. I wonder if, after you get past them, if you keep running, if that triggers some kind of chase response. You aren't supposed to run if you see a lion.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
I would love to meet the guy who tested that theory.......he had to be brave......lolI figure the next time I pass monkeys.....I just befriend an alligator...I'm sure a monkey to them is just an appitizer...

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
jo, these little glimpses into your life...they're inspiring.please, as you wish, keep them coming. :)(ever seen The Princess Bride? "as you wish" means i love you)
My dear sister.......these insane things I have experienced and there are many.....I never even dreamed wouldinspire anyone..........the most I could have expected is people didn't think I was a complete goofball..........and that STUFFhappens.......the important thing that I am now realizing........that no matter how bizzare my life is........God alwaysshows up and saves the day.........I must be that child of His that He sits around and shakes His head.....and laughs....just happens......