My Sister is a Surrogate

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Notice, I SPECIFICALLY didn't want to talk about the sexuality of the fathers because you and people like you are extremely immature and can't have a conversation about child birth without talking about sexual sin. I asked a specific theological question and other people answered it.

Also, I'm a New Testament kind of guy. And no where in the New Testament does it even mention homosexuality in a way that talks about consenting adults who love each other and not pagan Temple prostitutes or rape (Romans 1.) In the original Greek, there are words for homosexuality and same-sex attraction. those words were purposely not used because Paul was talking about sins of having sex with oracles of Roman gods to "commune" with the deities they believe in. So I don't believe God had anything bad to say about gay marriage as it exists today. The story of Lot was because those crazy people tried to RAPE angels, not have consensual sex with them. And Leviticus was filled with laws for Jews at that time in that place.

Your disgust with the gay parents of my sister's baby is your own, not God's. People like you are the reason kids of gay parents have such a problem in life. If someone was in my ear since I was 6 telling me my parents were evil and I shouldn't be raised by them, I'd probably be crazy, too.
Frankly sir, this has nothing to do with maturity but about morality. The question isn't just about surrogacy but to whom the surrogate is delivering the child for/to.
As to you being a new testament person, doesn't matter. New or old, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. If He hated it in the old He hates it in the new, simple. And it is in the new testament, it is very clear and easy to see and understand if you aren't holding to some theology.
I could prove that Jesus was gay by twisting scripture.
Joh 11:5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
Joh 11:35 Jesus wept.
Joh 11:36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
I could twist the word 'love' and make it look whatever way I want, if I am not interested in the truth. But, you will not see this, for you are sold into believing that having two men for parents is okay.

Last edited:
Q

quakerzen

I honestly stopped reading and just assumed you people were all crazy after reading that surrogacy is like human trafficking.

J

Jordache

Quakerzen, the fact is the only thing wrong with this scenario is the fact that the baby is going to a homosexual couple. Surrogacy is great. The money is part of the deal. The baby is not being sold. No premarital sex was involved. But you cannot expect people who don't agree with homosexuality to not mention it. They need not discuss it other than just to day that it is he sole reason this is wrong.

I

Indubitably

There are some things in today's society that I just cannot give a pat answer to. This kind of decision regarding surrogacy, would reqire much prayer and humbly seeking God for the answer. The homosexual part of this equation is obviously sin.