My sister...

• Thread starter guilbautedsookie
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

guilbautedsookie

My sister has not yet accepted Jesus Christ. I believe she will, but her time might not be yet coming.

She keeps persecuting me, cursing me, and talking to me in disrespect and anger. I try to love her guys, but I just had to rebuke her today... and I just told her that if she's not going to talk to me with respect and with dignity then she'd rather not say anything to me at all. And I told her that if she's going to worship to just be ashamed and embarrass me to he people there, I told her not to come.

I know being angry is not in our book, but I just needed to rebuke her. I need to stand up for the Lord and tell her that there are attitudes of hers that she needs to change. And that sometimes she leads me to sin because of it. Sometimes guys, I just am tired... and I love my sister but it's like I'm running out of it :'( and it makes me sad that I'm having a hard time loving her all of a sudden. :'(

Just pray with me guys for my sister. I love her and I want her to really be saved and experience the changing power of the Lord. And I repent my anger. Sorry God :'(

U

UnveiledEyzes

I have family members with different beliefs as well and I have felt what you are feeling in the past. We can only be a messenger of the truth and let God do the rest. Don't give up on her everything will happen in his appointed time. Ephesians 4:26 "In your anger do not sin" Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry and do not give the devil a foothold.

God Bless You...

K

Kooper

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Continue to love and pray for your sister. Continue to be the example of Christ's light and love.

U

Ugly

I doubt telling a non-Christian that their actions are causing you to sin is likely to make much of a difference to the majority.

Also, anger is in 'our book'. There is nothing wrong with anger, anger is only a problem when it becomes too frequent, or controls you, over you keeping control of yourself.

A

AnandaHya

someone told me its not wrong to be angry over things like the mistreatment of a child or injustice or sin that slaves and entraps others so they don't know the truth about God and His love. However we don't say angry. like your signature says. cast your burdens upon God and ask Him to help you forgive and continue your sister despite what she does. If your church is worth anything at all they will love her and help her come to know what love really means and not some superficial thing.

The only thing I found disturbing in your post is that you said you told her not to go to church because she embarassed and made you feel ashamed. First discouraging her to hear God's words is not good because you don't know if someone she meets there might lead her to Christ. Second nothing anyone does should be able to embrass or make you feel ashamed because its not about YOU, its about GOD and helping your sister come to know Jesus. You can't expect people who do not know Jesus and who don't have the Holy Spirit to behave as God would want them to. You have to pray and ask God to intervene and place in them a heart that can feel godly sorrow and repent of their sins and turn to God. Until that happens you have to endure and pray and love them despite the abuse she may give you. You can speak up against injustice as long as you do so with love in your heart and not anger. For love corrects with gentleness and long suffering in order that the person might learn and in hope that they might change. Sometimes silence and prayer does more than a thousand angry words.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOJW4Uwy3c&feature=related[/video]

sometimes people are just screaming for help because the pain inside is just unbearable, yet they don't have the words to explain why they are even in pain so they lash out instead. Perhaps you can learn why she is so angry and bitter?

G

guilbautedsookie

The only thing I found disturbing in your post is that you said you told her not to go to church because she embarassed and made you feel ashamed. First discouraging her to hear God's words is not good because you don't know if someone she meets there might lead her to Christ. Second nothing anyone does should be able to embrass or make you feel ashamed because its not about YOU, its about GOD and helping your sister come to know Jesus. You can't expect people who do not know Jesus and who don't have the Holy Spirit to behave as God would want them to. You have to pray and ask God to intervene and place in them a heart that can feel godly sorrow and repent of their sins and turn to God. Until that happens you have to endure and pray and love them despite the abuse she may give you. You can speak up against injustice as long as you do so with love in your heart and not anger. For love corrects with gentleness and long suffering in order that the person might learn and in hope that they might change. Sometimes silence and prayer does more than a thousand angry words.
About this yeah... that was where I felt sooooooooooooooo bad... because I let the anger just spurt out of my mouth and I just feel so bad. I have repented it to God and I just prayed to Him that He shower me with more love and patience.

My sister and I are okay now actually... I asked my spiritual confidant to pray with me and for us... and she told me that maybe God is teaching us to wait... to have patience... and I always hold on to His promise that my family will be saved... not for me to know or act upon... but for me to believe in His power. But in a loving way, I told her a few hours ago that she should learn to hold her temper, and I sent her a bible verse that will surely help. Of course... still praying to our Lord :)

I do know the reason behind all that... but it's really between me and my sister. I just want her to get saved and experience Christ's changing powers the same way I experienced it... but as I said, I will let God move in our family and I might just be surprised that it's not in the order I was expecting LOL. Maybe she is still not getting the concept of "surrendering everything to Christ", or maybe she's ashamed of going in front for the altar call. I can'r really judge but I will let God move in our family.