My story of God's protection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 8, 2014
When I first arrived in Seattle, I chose to live in homeless shelters, particularly Union Gospel Mission, so that I could help spread God's word there. I remember one day walking down an alley with a can of soda in my hand. I had just purchased the soda and was taking a shortcut through the Pioneer Square area of Seattle on my way back to the shelter. A stranger walked up to me and said he wanted my soda. I told him that I had no money left with which to buy him a soda, otherwise I would gladly buy one for him. He said that he was going to take my soda. I immediately threw my other hand in the air and said with a loud voice "Jesus is Lord!". The stranger threw up his hands, walked away and I never saw him again. The man was larger than I was, and the only weapon I carry is my bible, so he could have easily overpowered me were it not for God's protection.

This is only one of many instances in my life that I believe proves that God protects and cares for us.

Last edited:

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
Awesome. People will try to explain why that happened, but I am with you; God works miracles.
Praise God for your faithfulness to cry to Him.

Feb 5, 2013
Maybe he saw big angel carrying a sword behind you and then he left out of fear LoL........still God is our savior in times of danger...praise the Lord.

B

Brighthouse

The fear of the Lord is only the beginning of wisdom.( Proverbs 9:10,Psalm 110:10,and proverbs 1:7) And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding! He understood, from your belief bro! This is why,our words matter so much! For from them,our faith is established and made much more personal and others can indeed be struck with fear,for one who believes,is greater then he who doubts! This lesson you have learned,and can be most thankful in brother. Your confidence in Christ Jesus was spoken,and the enemy flees from the Word!( matt 4:10-11) Jesus IS LORD!!( 1 cor 12:3!!) Holy Spirit moves! We cannot see the wind,but we can see the result of the wind! You saw the result of Holy Spirit himself bro!