My strength is failing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RLFarrar

I'm committed to being a Godly wife and to do all I can for my husband despite the fact that he says he doesn't love me. I have continued to pray and do all I can for him in love. I'm getting weak though and just don't know how long I can continue to love my husband when it seems his one desire is to find fault and blame in everything I do. He twists things and finds reasons to fight. I'm just so tired. I need some sign that all of what I'm doing and praying for will not be in vain. I'm not even allowed to cry or he gets angry that our daughter will see it. I don't know how to stay strong much longer. I just feel like I'm sinking into a pit.

P

psychomom

Father of mercies, i come to Your Throne of Grace for our sister.
Thank You that Your strength is made perfect in her weakness.
Please continue to be strong on her behalf...show her Jesus in a bright new way
that will enable her to keep going.
Lord, You have redeemed her from the pit. You have loved her with an everlasting love.
Please help her see just how precious she is to You, for Jesus' sake, amen,

LRG

Banned
Jun 14, 2014
I'm committed to being a Godly wife and to do all I can for my husband despite the fact that he says he doesn't love me. I have continued to pray and do all I can for him in love. I'm getting weak though and just don't know how long I can continue to love my husband when it seems his one desire is to find fault and blame in everything I do. He twists things and finds reasons to fight. I'm just so tired. I need some sign that all of what I'm doing and praying for will not be in vain. I'm not even allowed to cry or he gets angry that our daughter will see it. I don't know how to stay strong much longer. I just feel like I'm sinking into a pit.
What do you mean you are not allowed to cry? I think you need to set some boundaries with your husband. If he doesn't love you then why is he with you? There is no reason for him to say that unless he wants to hurt you for some reason.

Slowly set boundaries and don't bend over backwards to try to please him. Maybe that is what he wants. He wants you to try to please him so that he can criticize you. Don't fall for his game. Give him some tough love.

R

RLFarrar

He doesn't want our 4 yr old to see any discord between us so he gets agitated if I break down in front of her. He wants what's best for our two young girls so he stays because he doesn't want to share them. I'm trying to focus on prayer and other things that bring me joy but I just feel so beaten down.

One of the things that frustrate me the most is that the things he claims to be unable to tolerate are the very things that he is always doing. One time he called me to vent about his mother. His argument with her had ended with her hanging up the phone on him. No goodbye or anything. He asked me "who does that?" At the time (things were still ok between us) I started laughing and replied "you". I was astounded to hear him express that he thought her behavior was so out of line to be that unbelievable yet he was blind to the fact that he does that ALL THE TIME. He actually heard me and took a step back to look at his own behavior but at this point in time he is not only NOT doing that, if I tried to show him he'd get even more angry and push me further.

I just need strength to keep on doing what I believe God would have me do but a small sign that something good will come of it would sure be encouraging.

All I can do is hide away for a time but the grief hits so hard that I just get overwhelmed

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus the enemy is trying to destroy the family, please pour your love and blessings in this family, Amen

B

butterfly712

Lord,Jesus,please bring this family back together again,in Lord Jesus name,Amen.

LRG

Banned
Jun 14, 2014
He doesn't want our 4 yr old to see any discord between us so he gets agitated if I break down in front of her. He wants what's best for our two young girls so he stays because he doesn't want to share them. I'm trying to focus on prayer and other things that bring me joy but I just feel so beaten down.

One of the things that frustrate me the most is that the things he claims to be unable to tolerate are the very things that he is always doing. One time he called me to vent about his mother. His argument with her had ended with her hanging up the phone on him. No goodbye or anything. He asked me "who does that?" At the time (things were still ok between us) I started laughing and replied "you". I was astounded to hear him express that he thought her behavior was so out of line to be that unbelievable yet he was blind to the fact that he does that ALL THE TIME. He actually heard me and took a step back to look at his own behavior but at this point in time he is not only NOT doing that, if I tried to show him he'd get even more angry and push me further.

I just need strength to keep on doing what I believe God would have me do but a small sign that something good will come of it would sure be encouraging.

All I can do is hide away for a time but the grief hits so hard that I just get overwhelmed
Well, for people it is easier to point fingers than to look at themselves. Actually the projecting of one's own faults onto that of others does happen.

Seems he has a lot of pent up anger and frustration. Some of this could be related to his family of origin. Maybe he still has issues with his mother that have not been resolved and he is carrying that onto you?

I don't know. You would have to ask him why he is doing what he is doing and he would have to be honest with you.

And you need to take a break now and then. When I get too stressed out I like to go to my room alone and just pray and think.

You need to ask Jesus to help you with this and to deliver you from this if it is God's will. This kind of situation is not an easy fix. Sorry you are going through this.

K

kittycat7

Lord, give this person health and strength in Jesus Name. Let this person know who she is in Christ. I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. — Psalm 40:8

Mar 21, 2014
I'm committed to being a Godly wife and to do all I can for my husband despite the fact that he says he doesn't love me. I have continued to pray and do all I can for him in love. I'm getting weak though and just don't know how long I can continue to love my husband when it seems his one desire is to find fault and blame in everything I do. He twists things and finds reasons to fight. I'm just so tired. I need some sign that all of what I'm doing and praying for wlill not be in vain. I'm not even allowed to cry or he gets angry that our daughter will see it. I don't know how to stay strong much longer. I just feel like I'm sinking into a pit.
I know how you feel and I'm praying for both you to restore your love for each other in the fathers name amen maybe a short break from each may work.