MY Testimony

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Swordsman

Feb 16, 2013
I had this on my other account, but it is gone so i am re-posting my testimony.

My name is Gerry S and this is how the lord saved me. First it was in 1985 when mom an dad started going to church and in 1986 when the pastor REV Ray Woody was preaching on hell, an before he got done he looked at me, but it wasn't him, i believe it was the lord speaking through him and he told me i was going to hell, i started crying and other went to the alter i was standing there in the 2nd pew back from the front an dad ask me if i wanted to be saved. I said yes, so we went to the alter and i ask him to forgive me, but i didn't know what for i felt good for about a week, then i didn't feel what i felt at first i told my 5th grade teacher i got saved but later somethings didn't go right.

In my early teen years i knew by then i was not saved, dad ask me one day after church, Gerry are you saved, i hung my head and said no,he didn't say no more, but i also knew that the lord had done something in 86, i couldn't use cuss words and some things i had done i couldn't do no more i was condemned to do them, but i read the bible and sang, we sung a song with mom and my aunt the title is "to late to pray" i wanted to sing this all the time and all the time i was singing it i kept hearing "one day it will be to late" i started really asking God if i was truly saved for a long time i would ask the men in prayer room to remember me, not know i wanted to know if was lost or saved.

In 1992 i went to the alter again but i still didn't get what i needed, i knew it to i NEEDED TO BE SAVED but i could not do it my self i tried it,didn't work...i kept reading an searching the scriptures and praying and the lord showed me in his word... i read where Jesus was going to Jerusalem but he was hungry and he seen a fig tree afar off it had green leaves on it, but when he came to eat there was no fruit an he cursed it and it withered and died he told his disciples to cut it down an burn it. then he spoke to me i heard him. the lord, said to me you are this tree when i come there be no fruit hell would be my place, that bothered me for a long time but i still was in doubt, every one thought i was saved well most did....

God knew i was not saved he giving me another chance, by letting me live..after high school,started working an year after Graduation every thing i did, didn't work out so i ask the lord alot to really show me that i was lost, mind you now i never stopped going to church, kept hearing the word of God( for we are begotten by the word) i was afraid to stop going, thought surly i would die. one night i was laying on the bed and this man was standing at the door just a very dark image, i felt cold very cold, evil was in that man he could not come in just stood at the door, but i did see an orange glow from under the bed, i believe to this day it was the flames of hell, i cried, an ask the lord to let me live tell Sunday, well he did, but i didn't do noting.

After time passed and the lord still dealing with my heart, and one day i just ask him to show me my heart, the bible says the spirit of God searcheth all things even the deep thing of God" so i ask him to search my heart an show it to me. I had a dream one night that i was looking for the lord in this old house, i started in the hall way, but at the end of the hall was pitch black, it was that coldness again, death i thought in the dream, but i continued to search for God in the house, i go down the hall way, and to the left there was the bed room, cloths every where it was a mess, and across from that was the living room i was a mess to, but there was 2 girls there pretty girls, blondes, an they where eating tatar chips an watching TV but God was not there, i go back to the hall way where i started, there the batch room was, he was not there, i pass the kitchen door again an another door with a bright light, i passed it, but when i went back it was gone, then i noticed the bright light shinning from above the house had roof it was like the sun (SON) shining in, then i looked down the hall an the darkness was closer it scared me. i woke up.

I ask the lord what did it mean, then he showed me the dream, the house was my heart, it was a mess, full of sin and lust(the 2 girls) and the light was Gods mercy him showing me my heart, i need to be saved, it was maybe a year or two later in 1997 when the church was having revival and the first message i heard was that Jesus made the for me cause he loved me" i though about that, the devil telling mi went to far an couldn't be saved, and that i was already saved, baptized twice, but that fear of dieing and going to hell was there, the night before the meeting closed the preacher (jim sneed) give the alter call, and i tell you that when he was standing up there with arms open wide an ask do you need to be saved, Jesus loves you! i did not see him nor hear much of what he was saying but i saw the lord standing there asking me to come, that he died FOR ME and he LOVED ME, i bald like little baby, i looked up at the alter and it was full, i said lord there is no room for me, cried even harder, i rose my head up the lord turned me to a place at the alter an told me "there's you a place" i stepped out the devil telling me that no one would pray with me its useless, i kept on walking, got to that place an knelt down and started praying lord forgive me for being a hypocrite then i felt it some ones hand on my back, it was warm, comforting, them ask the lord to forgive me of my sins and help me live Godly.
I stood up and i didn't see the man, to this day i do not know who touch me other than Jesus. that was the day i got saved Aug 17, 1997. this is not all of my testimony, this is just the beginning :)

S

sunnysky31

Good stuff brother. Nothing like a good testimony.

~Sunny~

Feb 5, 2013
Wow...just another genuine testimony. Brother....i know how bless you were after your close encounter with the Presence of Jesus Christ. Im so blessed.

J

Jeve515

Wow that's amazing... i just started looking for the Lord and just started reading his words.. I pray one day I will be saved