Name one thing that Republican controlled House accomplished?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Personally, I think Fauci should be tried before a tribunal for crimes against humanity, and publicly hanged by the neck until dead, dead, dead.....

Put Rand Paul and Ben Carson in charge of cleaning up the CDC... put Trey Gowdy in charge of cleaning up the DOJ.... I'm not sure who to get to straighten out the FDA...
i have to wonder if any of these are redundant? do we really need any of them?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Name one thing?

they hired a speaker, fired a speaker, and hired another speaker.

c'mon, fellas, that's THREE things :p
Let's get those campaign Tshirts printed now! "I voted to remove McCarthy!" Then on the other side you can have "Drain the Swamp" or "I'm just getting started"

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
i have to wonder if any of these are redundant? do we really need any of them?
I think the DOJ is pretty much useless.
The CDC and the FDA originally were good ideas.... make things safer for the American people.... but, like labor unions, people decided that they could have lots of power and siphon off lots of money, and now both agencies are hugely bloated and completely corrupt.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I think the DOJ is pretty much useless.
The CDC and the FDA originally were good ideas.... make things safer for the American people.... but, like labor unions, people decided that they could have lots of power and siphon off lots of money, and now both agencies are hugely bloated and completely corrupt.
Useless? How else does Biden keep Trump off the ballot and intimidate all the other crooks who are vying to take his throne? When you are a crime family you need guns. Are you suggesting he use the CIA?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Useless? How else does Biden keep Trump off the ballot and intimidate all the other crooks who are vying to take his throne? When you are a crime family you need guns. Are you suggesting he use the CIA?
Lord Jesus, we call on you, the Lord of All and the one who promised that everything done in secret would be revealed and shouted from the housetops. Reveal the crimes of the Biden family, reveal the crimes of the DOJ and the deep state. Shout them from the rooftop that the whole world can see and know their shame and be warned that as you have done it will be done unto you. Amen and amen

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Let's get those campaign Tshirts printed now! "I voted to remove McCarthy!" Then on the other side you can have "Drain the Swamp" or "I'm just getting started"
Lord we pray that the storms would come, the rain would descend on this corrupt government, the winds would blow and the fall of this evil, corrupt regime would be great. In the name of Jesus Christ, Lord of all, I ask this. Amen.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well! Seems like we have this all figured out. Reading over the last few posts, y'all have done solved all our nation's problems.

Now if only the president would call you so you could tell him y'all's wisdom.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Oh, goodness, no.... as I understand it, it's illegal for the CIA to operate in the US.... and this admin wouldn't do anything illegal....

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Well! Seems like we have this all figured out. Reading over the last few posts, y'all have done solved all our nation's problems.

Now if only the president would call you so you could tell him y'all's wisdom.
Simple, huh?
I'm expecting a call any day now....

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Oh, goodness, no.... as I understand it, it's illegal for the CIA to operate in the US.... and this admin wouldn't do anything illegal....
That is comforting.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
So still not ever 1 suggestion on any kind of solution? I could be wrong, maybe I missed it ZNP, but all I see is criticism with not kind of solid stance on anything outside of Jesus being your standard. That's great and we would all agree I believe, but while that's a great start you've not offered any actual ideas of how we should move forward, no plan of action. To be honest I can't recall seeing you take a strong stance on anything and I tend to not give much weight to complainers with no stance. What's the point?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm just a nobody and am very aware of how important my opinion is, I'm not trying to be insulting or demeaning to you at all, I'm just trying to share what I'm seeing from an outside perspective when reading through this. You seem to only criticize without ever offering a solution or even a hard stance on the matter. Almost like you just stir the pot to see what happens. I could be wrong and way off base here, I just asked earlier for you to give your opinion on what you think the party should do, and that went unanswered. Then when I read on this was the conclusion I started to draw. Again I'd be very interested in reading what you think needs to happen to make things start turning back towards God.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
So still not ever 1 suggestion on any kind of solution? I could be wrong, maybe I missed it ZNP, but all I see is criticism with not kind of solid stance on anything outside of Jesus being your standard. That's great and we would all agree I believe, but while that's a great start you've not offered any actual ideas of how we should move forward, no plan of action. To be honest I can't recall seeing you take a strong stance on anything and I tend to not give much weight to complainers with no stance. What's the point?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm just a nobody and am very aware of how important my opinion is, I'm not trying to be insulting or demeaning to you at all, I'm just trying to share what I'm seeing from an outside perspective when reading through this. You seem to only criticize without ever offering a solution or even a hard stance on the matter. Almost like you just stir the pot to see what happens. I could be wrong and way off base here, I just asked earlier for you to give your opinion on what you think the party should do, and that went unanswered. Then when I read on this was the conclusion I started to draw. Again I'd be very interested in reading what you think needs to happen to make things start turning back towards God.
If you have a restaurant with many health code violations, it is not "complaining" to list the violations. The solution is obvious. you have to shut down the restaurant and clean it up before reopening.

The corruption in the world is a very clear health code violation, Jesus is going to shut it down and clean it up.

My point is to make the case that these violations are very serious, very deep, very widespread, and that thinking an election in 2024 will make any difference as astronomically unlikely.

I post on a number of threads so it may not be obvious on one thread. But the US financial system is far more dire than they let on and that is because of the years and years of corruption.

Right now our annual deficit in our spending is $1.7 trillion and our discretionary spending in our budget is $1.6 trillion. You might think that if we were to completely cut out our discretionary spending we could balance our budget, but that is not true. If we cut $1.6 trillion from the US budget we would also cut our tax revenue by about $500 billion. So we would continue to have. deficit and our nearly $34 trillion dollar debt would continue to grow.

But it is worse than that. We pay a very low interest rate on our debt and the reason for that is the people who are buying the debt are saps. Of the $34 trillion in debt $7.4 trillion is owned by foreign countries. That means that $26 trillion is owned by Americans. Specifically by the Social Security fund, Pension funds, 401k funds and even your money markets that pay interest for bank accounts. All of these sources for the "saps" have dried up. There is no more money you can siphon off of unsuspecting Americans who have been robbed blind. This means the only people left to buy the bonds are savvy investors and they will want an interest rate that pays more than our rate of inflation. They claim that our inflation rate is 8% but savvy investors know it is double digits. That means to get them to buy our bonds we would have to increase interest rates by at least 5%. A realistic annual interest payment on the $34 trillion would be $3.4 trillion. But if you were to raise interest rates by 5% we would have a total and complete run on the banks. So that is not an option.

That means the only way to continue buying bonds is for the US to print money, that means runaway inflation and not only will the savvy investors in the other countries not buy our debt they will dump the $7.4 trillion they have. This week they were unable to sell the bonds. Next month BRICS goes live. I anticipate that reality will hit the US in days, weeks, or maybe even a month or two. But definitely, unequivocally before the 2024 election. I have shared this in detail on "the greatest depression" thread.

But it gets better than that. It now appears that the reason for the Oct 7th raid by Hamas was to get intelligence on Israeli spies and collaborators. This was so important they were willing to sacrifice Gaza to get it. That means we are about to go to WW3 and the countries behind Hamas (Iran and Russia) needed to root out spies in their midst. That explains why half of the US fleet is in the middle East. Whoever has the reserve currency rules the world, this war is completely tied to BRICS and the collapse of the US dollar.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The Solution

The solution is the gospel of Jesus Christ, He told us that the whole world lies in the evil one and that it is a condemned building. He told us He would build His church and that would stand against the gates of Hell.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

This is what Christian ministry and church have been doing for 2,000 years.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Every single believer is building on that foundation.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Only unbelievers and idiots think that you can build on the foundation of the US government.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

The word of God is gold. Jesus blood that redeemed us from sin and the world is silver, and transformed believers and their testimony of being saved from sin, self, the world, and the flesh are the precious stones.

Meanwhile people of good character are wood, people who are much less substantial and somewhat frivolous are hay, and stubble is stuff that blows away in the wind after you get the previous grain. This represents the political system with all their ideas, policies, and corruption. Simply stuff that will burn in the fire.

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

The work is being tested right now and you will see fires erupt worldwide. We know this is true because we have seen these kinds of bonfires consume countries in the past, the French Revolution, the Russian Revolution, the Civil war, the Revolutionary war, etc.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

There is your good news right there. Let no one say that I do not preach a gospel that is filled with good news.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

There is your warning right there. It is a balanced message of salvation, reward and warning.

Lord Jesus I thank You for Your word to us. Your will will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Your kingdom will come. Our work will be tested and the corruption will be burnt up. Everyone who has walked according to their own opinion will be exposed and suffer loss. We thank You Lord that Your word is true and we say "Come Lord Jesus", Amen.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
It looks like the 2024 campaign for the republicans will be identical to Biden's campaign in 2020. In 2020 Biden ran on the fact that he wasn't Trump, the only thing I can see Republicans campaigning on is that they aren't Biden.
I'm 81, and that's pretty much the way it's been EVERY 4 YEARS as long as I can remember. Same 'ol "Beauty Contest", lots of wind, smoke, breast beating, meaningless Media rants, and general foolishness.

The presence of "social Media" only lends an additional level of Amateur lies, misrepresentations, and opinions on top of the Professionally produced lies and misrepresentations - with a new layer in 2024 - a greatly increased public mistrust of the "Election process itself".

Seems that the same thing brought down the Roman Government, when confusion was so high, that actual accomplishing anything became impossible. I'm rather glad that I won't be here too much longer, to watch the whole system fall of its own weight.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
The Solution

The solution is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
BINGO!!!! The most that the Prince of the Power of the Air (political, social, or otherwise) can do, is temporarily inconvenience those of us who are Born Again of the Holy Spirit!!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

This isn't stirring the pot. This is just bellyaching. Pot stirring is for entertainment. Bellyaching is just because we like to kvetch about things.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
We are coming to the end of the year with Congress about to leave for the year and I can only think of one thing the Republican controlled congress has accomplished, they voted to expel another Republican, George Santos.