name verification

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LT

my sister is trying to join CC, but can't get in.
I don't remember it being very hard, but she is not able to post anything because her name is not "verified".
I'm not sure how I can help her other than just telling her to wait. Any suggestions?

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Maybe she has to confirm via e-mail? Has she checked her e-mail to see if there is one that has a confirmation link? It's been so long since I signed up, I honestly can't remember if I ran into this issue at all or not. Sorry.

L

LT

I'm not sure I ever saw this message when I signed up either.
This is what she sent me:
sophia, please wait!

Your email address has been verified, but please wait just a bit for your chat nickname to be approved.

We screen all new chat nicknames and accounts, to keep Christian Chat clean for you! :)

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Ah, yes. So, I guess some folks have signed up with improper chat names and so now they have to be approved before use. Kind of sad, but your advice is apparently the right advice. She just has to wait. It should kick in shortly, I would think, as the moderators are probably the ones that approve. :)

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I can see her name viewing this thread... :p

But I cannot view her profile because I have insufficient access...

L

LT

It looks like the problem is server-side. Any moderators around to clarify?

Last edited by a moderator:

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
It does usually take a couple of hours to verify and approve the nick name. Only 4 of the mods have access to approve nicks.

D

djness

The owner is in the Philippines, if she signed up when he is asleep it may not get approved or till one of the other admins can approve it.
It is 4:03 am in the Philippines right now.

R

Richie_2uk

my sister is trying to join CC, but can't get in.
I don't remember it being very hard, but she is not able to post anything because her name is not "verified".
I'm not sure how I can help her other than just telling her to wait. Any suggestions?
Ask your sister to check her email, if it's not in the inbox, tell her to check junk mail. perhaps the email verification has gone there. Once she has verified, she will be able to log in and post in forums.

L

LT

I'll check in with her tomorrow. It hasn't gotten approved yet, but I'm sure it will all be resolved by then.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm looking into it. Will send you a CC mail.

Last edited:
S

Sophia

Thank you for the support! I had no problem logging in today. The proxy at my work must have been the issue. (I can't get on Facebook without it there ;)