Near death experiences!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Caff

Gday folks,

After an incident tonight involving my car, flying solid debris, combined speed of >150kph and a 2ft metal bar resulting in a smashed windscreen and various damage both to the car and myself, I have been thinking.

Everyone out there must have a story of something that had circumstances been slightly different would have ended in death or serious injury. Also, did this experience/ these experiences motivate you to change something, do something different, give major epiphanies etc.

Whats yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KnightdeKhristos

Well, mine was not as dramatic, but I was still shaken up afterward.

I was a freshman in college and getting off the transit bus. As I was beginning to walk around the front of the bus and toward my apartment, a car to the left of the bus zoomed by, missing me by what I believed to be mere inches. I didn't feel the impact of the incident until after I was in my room.

Since I was new in Christ, I would call my grandparents for spiritual guidance. When I called my grandmother and told her what happened, she told me of a near death experience she once had. Although I don't remember everything she told me, I do remember her telling me that God had protected me and that I lived (which meant that I still had a purpose on this Earth).

The fact that I am still alive must mean that I still have much to do with the time I have left.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Are you alright caff?? Was there anyone in the car with you?? Im sorry to hear about your accident!

Me and two of my friends were in a car together, My friend VA was driving, i was in the passenger seat and my other friend Steve he was in the back seat. It was dark outside and raining really bad, and my friend driving was speeding. A van pulls out right in front of our car and just stops in the middle of the road. He was drunk. She hit her breaks but because of the road being all wet, they didnt work like they should have and we slammed into the van at about 50 mph. Right before we were about to hit it, i saw what was coming so i put my knee up on the dashboard and put my hands over my face and i tried to turn my body since i didnt have a seat belt on. As soon as we hit the van. My ribs slammed into my knee and i broke one of them.
On my side of the car, the door came off and and i fell out of the car in the middle of a busy intersection.

It just so happened at the same time the accident happened an Emergency Room nurse was driving by, so she stopped and ran over to me and got me out of the intersection and made sure i was ok. Neither of my friends got hurt. God saved all three of us that day, i just wish the other two believed the same thing.

A

asamanthinketh

This is serious, take this and use it for yourself, your family or others.

If you have access to a television, I saw a television program about a woman who had something wrong with her lungs, and to repair what was wrong, they had to do surgery and during it they drained all the blood out of her body and stopped her heart. So, according to the medical professionals, in their minds she was dead. After about an hour they revived her, so proves that life is more than the body sometimes.

And prayer and willing someone to be alive, even yourself, is real

R

Rissa77

I was in an accident January of my senior year in high school that rocked my world. I was planning on moving to California and going to pastry school, living with my sister and her husband. It was all set up except I had no money to pay for it. Great. lol

I was on my way to church and no more than a block away from my house, a drunk driver ran a stop sign and pulled out in front of me. This collision broke my thumb.

Can't have a baking career with a messed up thumb. So...

I was shaken up by all of it. Had no idea what I was going to do in life. I didn't like anything else but cooking, and even now I can't cook for very long making dinner until my thumb hurts and I have to let someone else finish. The other driver didn't have any insurance, the car she totalled wasn't even hers, and she had an expired license. Oh boy. To make it worse, my insurance company said they would only pay for a percentage of the medical bills, leaving us with $10,000 bill that had to be paid out of pocket. OH NO! We sued them.

While we were waiting for all that to digress, a ministry group called Masters Commission came to my church, and it was then that I distinctly felt the draw toward this ministry and this school.

That summer I got a check from the insurance company to pay for the bills, to pay for 2 years of Masters, to pay for braces, to help my parents and grandparents get out of debt, to get necessities that I needed for school, AND some left on top of that.

The testimony from Masters Commission is in my profile, and it is because of that program that I am who I am and that I am following the next path that God has for me, which is going to college and becoming a teacher. If you had told me 2 years ago and I would be a teacher, I would laugh in your face and say I hate kids. Now hasn't that changed? lol

C

Caff

Crickey there are some interesting stories here