Need advise for a past sin!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 11, 2015
I really need some advice. I cheated on test a year ago in a college math class. Not to justify it but the teacher was really good about helping. She would let people fix the problems they missed so they would pass, and on the day of the test she left me alone in the because she had a meeting to attend. She told me to just leave the test on her desk when I was finished. Also, I have now changed my major and no longer need that class. I feel so guilty about. Do I need to confess this to her in order to right my room. I'm also afraid now I'm living in sin because I can confess it to her, but I'm scared she may turn me into the Dean. Need help please!

S

Siberian_Khatru

There's a verse that goes something like "Confess your sins to one another and pray for each other, that your sins may be healed." James 5:16

You're doing just that here. Sure, you can open up to her about it, but she's not exactly the one to absolve you.

Try to give yourself as much grace as you give others. :)

Last edited:
U

Ugly

Yeah. God's grace is bigger than your guilt. You recognize your sin, you repented, now go on in His mercy.
Some situations may call for going back to people, this is not one of them.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Once when King David sinned, he had the choice to be judged by man, or judged by God.
He chose to be judged by God, because he knew God was always merciful, even in the midst of judgment.

Be careful confessing some small thing from your past to a human who may NOT be merciful or forgiving.
God is merciful, but humans often are not.

I'm not saying you should NOT confess to your teacher,
I'm just saying that you should really give it a lot of thought first.
Sometimes our best intentions are imprudent.

In all honesty, your teacher probably barely remembers you, and could care less.

Exercise prudence.

Nov 11, 2015
Thank you all so much. You have been helpful. God bless and Pled the blood of Jesus over you all!

D

dalconn

God gave you a conscience, follow it in truth

J

JohnnyV

What would happen if you used this as a learning experience? Grow from this point on? How much can you contribute to others from your experience???