Need help understanding this ???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jj408

So yesterday I was at church and I was having a tough day.Overall I have had this problem that just makes me feel strange.Like my hearing is different.I feel sort of drowsy at time like I don't know what it is.I have been this way for 3 years now.I just woke up one day and started feeling it.So anyways yesterday I was getting prayed for by a guy that I already knew and by another guy that knew nothing about me.So he starts praying for me and he tells me you had a place in the back of your brain that wasn't getting enough blood but your okay god has healed you declare it! his word does not come back void.You are going to start to feel better.So my question is I am confused on what just happened yesterday ? and when will I start to feel better ?

U

unclefester

So yesterday I was at church and I was having a tough day.Overall I have had this problem that just makes me feel strange.Like my hearing is different.I feel sort of drowsy at time like I don't know what it is.I have been this way for 3 years now.I just woke up one day and started feeling it.So anyways yesterday I was getting prayed for by a guy that I already knew and by another guy that knew nothing about me.So he starts praying for me and he tells me you had a place in the back of your brain that wasn't getting enough blood but your okay god has healed you declare it! his word does not come back void.You are going to start to feel better.So my question is I am confused on what just happened yesterday ? and when will I start to feel better ?
I guess nobody wants to touch this one jj so I'll tell you what I would do ......maybe you've already done it ? Have you discussed what you've been feeling with your family doctor ? It could be something as simple as a sinus or an inner ear problem. I'm won't discount that God is able to heal and sometimes does. But I believe as well that God uses people that have been put in our lives to sometimes accomplish the same thing ......such as doctors, dentists etc. Go see your doc and tell him what you've said here. It doesn't mean that you lack the required faith to be healed. Many that might make this claim wouldn't hesitate to see their dentist for a painful abscessed tooth. Get yourself checked out ......and give thanks to God for His many ways of showing His love and goodness towards us.

N

nikzageek

...I believe as well that God uses people that have been put in our lives to sometimes accomplish the same thing ......such as doctors, dentists etc. Go see your doc and tell him what you've said here. It doesn't mean that you lack the required faith to be healed. Many that might make this claim wouldn't hesitate to see their dentist for a painful abscessed tooth. Get yourself checked out ......and give thanks to God for His many ways of showing His love and goodness towards us.
I agree with this post, God gave Doctors a talent, he can use these guys too, best thing if you are unsure and feel ill, go get it checked. Beats worrying about the unknown. :)

C

CoreyRyan

I just want to testify that i havn't even had as much as the common cold in 2 or 3 years. And even when i think i have a sore throat or a stuffed up nose i tell god i don't believe i have to be sick lord you keep me healthy and i thank you for it (in jesus name) and it goes away by the next day. I'll tell you what i would do. Don't give up on praying.I don't know about anyone else here but i'm praying for you! In the name of jesus i believe you will make jj408 feel better and better! (and yes jesus knows who jj408 is lol ) have a great day and god bless.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I can kinda relate to what your talking about. When i was young both of my ears were always really infected. One of my ear drums busted, and for a long time i just flat out couldnt hear. I was dizzy a lot, nauseous, i felt sooo just like you said strange, my speech got worse, cause i couldnt hear the words i was sounding out.... I got prayed for aaaaaalll the time, but nothing ever happened. I was still almost totally deaf for a good period of time. Finally i got taken to a doctor and had surgery which totally fixed it. Sometimes i still have to look at someones mouth when their talking, to identify certain words, but mostly its pretty much fixed.

My point is.... Go to the doctor, we have them for a reason. Why are you gonna walk around feeling like this when who knows, you could go to the doctor and they could have this all fixed in no time. You've been like this for three years.. isnt it time to actually do something about it.

Last edited:
R

Ramon

I guess nobody wants to touch this one jj so I'll tell you what I would do ......maybe you've already done it ? Have you discussed what you've been feeling with your family doctor ? It could be something as simple as a sinus or an inner ear problem. I'm won't discount that God is able to heal and sometimes does. But I believe as well that God uses people that have been put in our lives to sometimes accomplish the same thing ......such as doctors, dentists etc. Go see your doc and tell him what you've said here. It doesn't mean that you lack the required faith to be healed. Many that might make this claim wouldn't hesitate to see their dentist for a painful abscessed tooth. Get yourself checked out ......and give thanks to God for His many ways of showing His love and goodness towards us.
Does God heal or do doctors heal? Either one believes God or doesn't. How can you say God heals and turn again and say, but go to your doctor. Aren't the words of the Lord enough? Why do you want it both ways?