need help with a relationship situation...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Theodore

Theodore. You are completely inappropriate, do not know me, and I suggest you get your mind out of the gutter before you respond to women of GOD like you do. It will save you alot of pain and avoiding offending women. That was uncalled for.

I did not only mean physical, even thoughts can damage us spiritually. The point I was trying to get across to her was to fix the relationship instead of take the typical path and replacing him.

S

stephmarie

Ok thanks everybody so listen to this: he got kicked out of rehab from being there for like 6 months and say the date was october 15 we talked PERFECTLY for like a week then all of a sudden he's like Gods telling me I need to work on myself and for like another week was distent but we still talked and I was supportive that he needed to take time to himself and understood that you need to do as God tells you to...well on october 30th he calls me up at 630 at night and says sorry can't be with you, you are a mistake yoiu don't know what love is we never really had anything blah blah like completely and cold heartening voice...yet what happened? I was screaming crying on the phone to him and he showed zero emotion I don't understand :(now he txted me a few days ago and said I'm with someone else hope you had a good christmas sorry to ruin your day if that did...like what? You told me God said you needed to work on yourself? And he's like I've been seeing this girl since oct 30th and we broke up way before that! I said no! You broke my heart oct 30th! And acted weird for like a week but we were together! He claimed that he hasn't talked to me in 4 months yet he was in rehab so how could it be 4 months? It couldn't! Iam sooo unbelievely heartbroken and can't even function because idk what to do I feel as if he cheated on me again :( I feel so lost and depressed and hate life an can't believe the one person who I was going to get married to and I did everything in my power for for 5 yrs I feel like cheated on me again cause the timeframe doesn't match up I need help :(

T

Theodore

That doesn't add up.... Do you know for sure that he is with someone else besides the text? If he is then clearly this voice that he hears is the wrong one and hopefully he realizes it in the future and repents. I say get confirmation and if it is true then understand that he still needs help and that God loves you. It's hard to see the ones closest to us make the wrong choices and we wish we could take on their pains for them so that they can open their eyes, however, God does not want us to damage ourselves in the process of helping others. The first step is to forgive him and let him know that you forgive him and let him know that if he is hurt that you will try to help him if you can. Now, you have to read up on forgiveness and refresh your thoughts to seeing him as still a child of God who makes mistakes. Relationshipwise, he has ended that by letting go. The worst is really not the worst because some poeple have children involved that makes the healing process harder.

As I said though,make sure to get confirmation!

T

Theodore

That doesn't add up.... Do you know for sure that he is with someone else besides the text? If he is then clearly this voice that he hears is the wrong one and hopefully he realizes it in the future and repents. I say get confirmation and if it is true then understand that he still needs help and that God loves you. It's hard to see the ones closest to us make the wrong choices and we wish we could take on their pains for them so that they can open their eyes, however, God does not want us to damage ourselves in the process of helping others. The first step is to forgive him and let him know that you forgive him and let him know that if he is hurt that you will try to help him if you can. Now, you have to read up on forgiveness and refresh your thoughts to seeing him as still a child of God who makes mistakes. Relationshipwise, he has ended that by letting go. The worst is really not the worst because some poeple have children involved that makes the healing process harder.

As I said though,make sure to get confirmation!

Also in getting this confirmation, ask him if he knows that what he is doing is a sin. Even pull out a few scriptures that say its a sin.

T

Theodore

To include, in saying God does not want us to damage ourselves in the process of helping ours it depends. Not damaging ourselves spiritually.... But emotionally if you feel that he needs you there for him then you will get signs that you will not like that will tell you to help him.

K

keep_on_smiling

It clearly should be over. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but he is done. He's said he doesn't want to be with you. It sounds like he's lied and he's been with someone else.

You deserve better than that. He has hurt you. If he truly changed and was seeking the Lord he would have gone about everything differently.It is dangerous to hope to get him back. I truly hope you pray about it, lean on the Lord, and seek His direction.

I believe God is telling you it's time to move on. I know that's difficult, but in the long-run you will understand. Sometimes people are in our lives only for a season. You can't change Him, only God can.