Need help with best Laptop deal. Need best bang for my buck!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LegendaryXD

It really depends on what you are looking to do with the laptop.

Aug 29, 2013
hello, im a computer tech and graduating college with a web design and programming degree.....what do you want to use the laptop for? because like the person said above me, it does depends what you want to do with it

I

Imperfect

hello, im a computer tech and graduating college with a web design and programming degree.....what do you want to use the laptop for? because like the person said above me, it does depends what you want to do with it
casual browsing, music download, pictures, maybe eventually video editing. not much. basically casual use.

what is the fastest, most stable, good memory.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
The asus touch screen I say is a no go for now... They just came out with touch screens and are not efficient enough, I would wait until christmas to buy one because they will be 10times better...
If you just want one right now do not go with the Asus 11.6" TouchScreen Laptop 4GB Memory 320GB Hard Drive Q200E-BCL0803E - Best Buy This is is just over priced and half as good as the other two (performance wise).
Between the other two I can not see anything different between them internally... I could not find out the ram for the X200CA but besides that they are identical... The X200CA bost's a lighter weight laptop... So it might not be as durable but it is roughly $200's cheaper... But they have the same core's the same drives, the same screens even...

In all I love asus, they come with the fewest bloat ware in the market in my opinion... This close to Christmas I would just wait another 3 months and get one just as cheap and twice as good...

I

Imperfect

The asus touch screen I say is a no go for now... They just came out with touch screens and are not efficient enough, I would wait until christmas to buy one because they will be 10times better...
If you just want one right now do not go with the Asus 11.6" TouchScreen Laptop 4GB Memory 320GB Hard Drive Q200E-BCL0803E - Best Buy This is is just over priced and half as good as the other two (performance wise).
Between the other two I can not see anything different between them internally... I could not find out the ram for the X200CA but besides that they are identical... The X200CA bost's a lighter weight laptop... So it might not be as durable but it is roughly $200's cheaper... But they have the same core's the same drives, the same screens even...

In all I love asus, they come with the fewest bloat ware in the market in my opinion... This close to Christmas I would just wait another 3 months and get one just as cheap and twice as good...
you think i should wait around black friday? or even later..

Last edited:

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Black Friday is good but that might be pushing it... You just need the new Christmas stock to come out... early november late october would be the time to buy in my opinion...

I

Imperfect

Black Friday is good but that might be pushing it... You just need the new Christmas stock to come out... early november late october would be the time to buy in my opinion...
whats the difference between late october early november? thanksgiving is late november, would the products be different or the prices.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Around the time frame of late October to Early November they start coming out with all the new models... Towards late November due to supply and demand all the lap tops increase price... Even though they say that they will have X-mas sales and Black Friday sales, in my opinion its just a gimmick...

But this is my opinion.. some say they drop price at black friday and such, I disagree...

I

Imperfect

Around the time frame of late October to Early November they start coming out with all the new models... Towards late November due to supply and demand all the lap tops increase price... Even though they say that they will have X-mas sales and Black Friday sales, in my opinion its just a gimmick...

But this is my opinion.. some say they drop price at black friday and such, I disagree...
so basically, when the new models come out, the older models price gets cut back and they will sell out quickly?

sorry if im asking too many questions, im new to computers and such.

Aug 29, 2013
I'll show u a link that I bought my laptop for 340 and it is a great one. Has amd a8

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Yah, it is just like new cars.... If you have a 2012 model on your lot and a 2013, the 2012 costs less now because it is "out dated"...

I

Imperfect

I'll show u a link that I bought my laptop for 340 and it is a great one. Has amd a8
have no idea what a a8 is but it sounds interesting. let me see the link!

I

Imperfect

Yah, it is just like new cars.... If you have a 2012 model on your lot and a 2013, the 2012 costs less now because it is "out dated"...
yea i hear you! i think i will wait it out then. its only a few weeks anyway.

Aug 29, 2013
U should see what the motherboard is and see how it can upgrade things. It is really important

Aug 29, 2013
I3 will be lacking a lil bit for video editing

I

Imperfect

what is motherboard and i wont be doing any video editing anytime soon and when i do, im just trying to do minor editing.