Need Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

doug7

Hello everyone I just joined this site and really need some help. I suffer from OCD and intrusive thoughts. Intrusive thoughts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I saw something on youtube about selling your soul to the devil and with my mind it caused me to have it stuck in my head so i said messed up things like I sell my soul to the devil. and sell my soul for this or that. like fame, money even saying something about someone who i care about to be dead and all that is not how i really feel so it bothers me. I saw on yahoo answers about someone saying, that saying the devil gave god his ability is the ultimate sin. or something like that and with me. it got stuck in my head and then made me believe for a sec that that is what i believe. and thats not how i truely feels. then just made me feel a bad person and unworthy. sorry for typing so much but i feel like if i dont say exactly what is going on then no one could truely help....so can i be forgiven? is there anything that i could say that could make him not forgive me, did I cross a line that I cannot get back? I do want to be right with god but makes me doubt because of all the dumb things that have gone through my mind. To anyone who responds, thank you. U truely are helping someone out..

M

Mammachickadee

:) Welcome to fellowship. Though not all moments are peaceful and not all members are believers, you will hear truth and see light here.
Would you mind sharing your testimony of how you came to Christ? What you understand of your salvation and the idea of being dead to sin has a momentous affect on what you believe the devil can do or what you might be chained to as a believer.

Oct 12, 2012
Doug7, stick around a few days, listen and ask some questions, welcome to the cc!

M

Mammachickadee

Doug7... there is a BibleStudy chat room where you can go and seek some biblical advise on this as well. If you go to the Chat/Forums tab, near the top you will see boxes that you select options from (cam or no cam, sound or no sound, and what room you want).

D

doug7

ok and thanks for the advice, im struggling and i dont want to be like this

D

danschance

Hello everyone I just joined this site and really need some help. I suffer from OCD and intrusive thoughts. Intrusive thoughts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I saw something on youtube about selling your soul to the devil and with my mind it caused me to have it stuck in my head so i said messed up things like I sell my soul to the devil. and sell my soul for this or that. like fame, money even saying something about someone who i care about to be dead and all that is not how i really feel so it bothers me. I saw on yahoo answers about someone saying, that saying the devil gave god his ability is the ultimate sin. or something like that and with me. it got stuck in my head and then made me believe for a sec that that is what i believe. and thats not how i truely feels. then just made me feel a bad person and unworthy. sorry for typing so much but i feel like if i dont say exactly what is going on then no one could truely help....so can i be forgiven? is there anything that i could say that could make him not forgive me, did I cross a line that I cannot get back? I do want to be right with god but makes me doubt because of all the dumb things that have gone through my mind. To anyone who responds, thank you. U truely are helping someone out..
Doug nice to meet you. If a person sells his soul to the devil, it can be easily revoked. Just tell God you are sorry for doing it and ask Him to forgive you. Then say "I revoke the sale of my soul and dedicate it to Jesus, in Jesus name.

Don't listen to the intrusive thoughts. Rebuke them in Jesus name. Don't accept them as real. Fight with the lies these intrusive thoughts try to tell you as you know they are lies. You are a child of God. Read the bible and believe what it says.

D

danschance

ok and thanks for the advice, im struggling and i dont want to be like this
There are others who come here and seek relief from intrusive thoughts. You are not alone. Wish I could make them leave.

I

inthewind

D

doug7

i just say alot of stupid stuff in my head, even just said something like, what god? maybe i should just not be in a religion. but its just my mind being dumb....when i do get back on track with jesus, will he forgive me for all my sayings?

D

danschance

i just say alot of stupid stuff in my head, even just said something like, what god? maybe i should just not be in a religion. but its just my mind being dumb....when i do get back on track with jesus, will he forgive me for all my sayings?
Jesus always forgives! He forgives every sin you can do, even murder. So thoughts?--Yep he can forgive them with ease. The bible says we have no condemnation if we believe. Just habg in there and try not to listen to those thoughts you know are not you.

D

doug7

thank you to everyone who is responding. any other special quotes to say or anything to help? Just i think of alot of dumb things in my heads. like I was being dumb and thought, well if god forgives me, just sell my soul for something and then get forgiven again. and got a picture of my head selling my soul for money and received money. just thinking dumb things in my mind and it bothers me afterwards everytime time....any suggestions??

T

topkat

hi doug..from reaidng all the posts im thinking that its the devil puting all those nasty thoughts in your head...once u become a christian warfare begins in your mind...for eg the angel on one shoulder and the devil on another...i think u should pray to the holy spirit to protect your thoughts...pray for the helmet of salvation..look up the prayer for the armour of god...if you want i cud write it but im sure its somewer online..i will search for it and let u know the link..gb and stay strong and believe in the word of god ...

D

doug7

i just said something really messed up in my head. said something like sell my soul for my gpa to go to hell and thats not how i really feel. dont know why i said it and it make me sick to my stomach now. i love my gpa and he is a really strong christian and great person...please help?

D

doug7

and i said swear to god i sold my soul. randomly in my head when idk why i said it....can someone help me please?