Need help!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GaPeach246

Need some tips on learning the bible and where to start please!? Like what bible verses and what chapters to start on.. Thank you!! ;)

U

Ugly

hi GP
Usually a good place to start is the New Testament. Specifically the four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. John being a good one to start even from there.

Checking out good ministers and how they teach can also help you to learn to cross reference scriptures to learn better. Charles Stanley would be great for this. The link to his site has streaming audio and video or downloadable podcasts.
In Touch Ministries > Home

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
I agree with what ugly provided you with, I myself use In Touch Ministries, I really enjoy Charles Stanley's insight when it comes to the word of God.

C

CheekyGeeky

I also agree with Ugly. Start with the New Testament, it's the best place to start. You can also read Psalms and Proverbs while you start the New Testament.

Also, I agree that Charles Stanley is a great pastor and has some awesome insight into the Bible. I would also suggest Matt Chandler and James MacDonald.

S

Springlover

Hey Gapeach,
yes start from four Gospels, also you can read Psalms, and Proverbs as well. write the scripture's you like the most and take some notes. I started to memorise one favourite verse a day. if you can memorise one favourite verse a day and keep track of what you have read and comments about it in a note book that will help you a lot. God bless, if have any question or want to talk about it please feel free to contact, take care and God bless you.

F

fire-rescue

Greg laurie joyce meyer creflo dollar jesse duplantis john hagge and perry stone are the main ones i watch

G

GaPeach246

Thank y'all so much for your help!! :)

E

Eze20

I personally would stay away from people, such as Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, ect. For example, Creflo teaches Jesus won't come before your rich and that Jesus is not God. However, Bible tells us that Jesus is God in flesh ( Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1, ect). I would recommend you to stay away from any preacher that seeks after money and/or begs for your money ( Even if they claim that God will bless you if you give them money.). Bible speaks harshly against love of money and its the reason why many have shipwrecked in their faith.
Try to focus on preachers that glorify Christ, preach repentance and Jesus crucified and resurrected.

I agree with Ugly, gospel of John is good place to start.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Need some tips on learning the bible and where to start please!? Like what bible verses and what chapters to start on.. Thank you!! ;)
You can also find some simple studies Here, Here, Here, Here, Here and Here to help you with your faith and walk in the Lord Jesus...

Yahweh Shalom

G

gloryrunner

I would also suggest reading Genesis. It's the beginning and foundation for the Bible. It's where it all started. :)

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
Off-hand, I'd suggest reading it from cover-to-cover before listening to various teachers. Ask God to show you His Word. You might also want to try listening to the Bible on MP3. Free: KJV MP3 Bible for FREE Download: Genesis Chapter 1 - Narrated by Stephen Johnston

That being said: Don't listen to false teachers which promise health, wealth, and prosperity.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. - II Timothy 4:3-4

The gospel of God has a Wonderful Plan for your Life is mistaken, God wants you to have you best life later, not your best life now. :)

Regarding the dangerous Alpha Course, it mixes the truth with a lie.
What's Wrong with the Alpha Course

Enjoy reading the Gospel for yourself and prayerfully consider all you read. Filter everything you hear through the Gospel and you will be glad you did. :D

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- Hebrews 4:12

Jan 24, 2009
I'd going to deviate from the typical and suggest starting with some books that are shorter...and then work your way up to the longer ones.

Many will recommend the Book of John. I'm going to suggest 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John. All three are short. Read a chapter a day and you can basically have 3 books of the Bible read in about a week! It will give you a good feeling to have accomplished this and it will hopefully motivate you to press on. :D

Then the longer book of John is a good choice.

Use a Bible that has footnotes and explanations(also know as "study" Bibles). That will help when you come across a verse that is more difficult to understand.