Need of prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

uphigh

Im in need of prayer, I am looking at becoming a christian, I just don't know if Jesus will accept me or not. How do I let him into my heart? Is it as simple as asking? Will he really forgive me no matter what?

K

Kyouken01

My friend, let me say this:

This is the beginning of the best times of your life. It won't be void of problems, but here, and now, is where you enter an eternal relationship with God, who we may call Father, and who acts as a Father towards us :)

Yes, Jesus will accept you, just as you are!

Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:10
"For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."

While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. While are yet sinners, we are reconciled to God through the death of Jesus Christ. Once we receive salvation, we will be saved by His life!

It's as simple as believing and asking. I assume that you do believe because you're asking, but make sure you do believe.

Acts 16:31
"So they said, 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

To put his in context, Paul and Silas, disciples of the Lord, were in a Philippian jail, talking to one of the jailers there because an earthquake had happened and the doors of the prison were open. That jailer wanted to commit suicide because he was afraid that he would get in trouble; he was worried that all the prisoners would flee. Before he could commit the act, Paul called out to him, telling him not to do it and that all of the prisoners were inside the jail. He ran into Paul and Silas' jail cell and fell, trembling. It's true - the only thing you need to do in order to become born again is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That raises the question, "Well, believe what?"

Check it out:
Mainly, we need to believe that we NEED Jesus.
Romans 3:23 explains that we're all sinners.
John 3:16 is one verse that explains Jesus is God's Son.
2nd Corinthians 5:21 explains that Jesus became sin for us; He died for our sins (that's not the best verse there is to explain it, but it's what I have in mind at this moment).
Matthew 28:6 is one verse that explains Jesus rose from the grave. He is risen!

Yes, you can receive forgiveness for anything you have done. You can receive forgiveness for your past, present, and future sins - no strings attached, no work(s) on your part! That was the whole point of Jesus, my friend - His blood was shed and He became sin for us. Our sins died with Him and because He rose again, we may be born again by His spirit and receive what is called eternal life (John 3:16 and John 17:3).

When we receive salvation, we receive more than a secure seat in heaven :D The most important thing we receive along with Jesus is a personal relationship with God. I can understand if it doesn't seem like a big thing now, but the more you delve into Scripture, the more you'll understand. We also receive forgiveness of sins, blessings upon blessings, etc. It's just so much :D

If you've read this far, and you're not all like, "Oh my gosh he wrote so much it's such a textwall!" congrats! Read on to learn how to become born again!

How to receive this gift from God:

Romans 10:8-10 explain to us what we must to do receive:
"But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith that we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

I've got a prayer here that you can pray which includes all of these things (what you need to believe, the whole confession thing, etc.). I need to be honest with you, though - this prayer means nothing if you don't believe it. It isn't the prayer, it's your confession and belief - by grace through faith we receive.

"I believe that Jesus is God's Son.

That He died for our sins.

We're all sinners.

That He rose from the grave.

Jesus, come into my heart and be my personal savior. Christ is Lord. In Jesus' name, amen! Thank you God for your gift!"

Confess these things while believing, and you will be born again.

I know this is a lot, and maybe you need time to take it in. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me personally. Also, I'm sure many people here would be willing to answer your questions as well :)

I'll be praying for you, man. God bless you!

Dec 9, 2011
Im in need of prayer, I am looking at becoming a christian, I just don't know if Jesus will accept me or not. How do I let him into my heart? Is it as simple as asking? Will he really forgive me no matter what?
Hello uphigh.It would be a wise decision to come to CHRIST JESUS.If your heart is willing....then its whosoever will.we were already defeated and GODS standard given to us(the law)proved that we could not keep it.So GOD had mercy on us and helped us. made a way for us to have a relationship with him.GOD is holy,and we must worship him in spirit and truth.if we approach in our body(flesh),we can't relate in truth,because of the law of sin which is in our flesh..John 3:
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that <whosoever >believeth in him should not perish, but haveeverlasting life.Father i pray that this brothers heart is ready to accept JESUS as LORD and believe that you raised JESUS from the dead and JESUS has ascended to your right side and is making intercession for us.in JESUS name.....amen

Oct 20, 2011
It says in the bible:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Also...

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It's kinda of a magical world out there. If you open yourself up to the holy spirit, and ask Jesus to come into your heart and life he will. Then your name will be written in the lambs book of life. When you die if you're name isn't in the lambs book of life you cannot enter heaven.

Death is learking around every corner. We don't know when its our time. So we have to get ready. I just was watching this show, the guy went out on his deck one night, it started haling, a hale stone the size of a golf ball nailed him in the head and he was gone just like that! So you never know what or when or how so you have to get ready asap.

a typical sinners prayer goes like this. Find a church, this forum, read the bible, and pray to cultivate your christian walk. God will do everything else. Good luck my friend.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless. I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.
I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."
Amen.

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
You have so much to give. Let your heart be guided by God's will for you. Pray and pray always. Ask God for forgiveness of your sins daily. If you can go through the trials of being a christian than God will promise you eternal life with him in heaven and on the day of Jesus's return you will ( if you die) be raise from the died and you will ascend back to heaven in a new body and after you will return to Earth and live in peace eternally for a thousand years with Christ. Have faith in God always no matter what happens in your life and you will be saved. This is God's promise. I have faith in God that you will be saved and will reach heaven. I will keep praying for you. :)

C

Collie

Approach it as a child, don't try to run before you can walk and pray for Christian growth. I only became a Christian at Easter and have been praying that the Lord will teach me and help me grow. Like a child there'll be mistakes but a fathers love never stops. I'm amazed at the reassurance which Jesus has given me already and can't wait to mature in knowledge and faith.

God Bless!

U

uphigh

Thank you all so much. So its as simple for Jesus Christ to accept me by going to church and praying more often?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
All have shared so much, and yes.
Just talk to Jesus about all that is in your heart.
He is always listening. :)
Praying in agreement with all here for you in Jesus.
Welcome to the family in Jesus!!! :):):)

God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

You have been given Good advice...
I will pray God puts mentors in your life...

C

chad23

I to am fairly new at being a christian. My walk with God began on Dec. 4th of 2011, and it has changed my life. I do not believe though, that you should set your goals on being accepted by Jesus by simply praying more and going to church. Those, that are unsaved can do that. In my honest opinion, you need to develop a relationship with God, unlike any relationship that you have ever seen. Its not enough just to pray and listen to the word of God. You have to read, learn and live the word of God. James 1: 22 best describes what I am saying. Also, being new...find a version of the bible that you can understand. JK version for me is very tough to comprehend. I use a New Living Translation version. Lastly, humble yourself before God, that he may help you. This was a huge piece of the puzzle for me in the beginning of my journey, and I soon as I realized (thanks to my wife), that I had to put all power in God's hands..only then did my journey truly flourish and my love for my Lord Jesus and my Heavenly Father truly ignite into a passion to be a follower.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011

The only unforgivable sin is that of unbelief.

When you are sorry for your sins and believe that Christ is the Son of God and ask Him into your heart, you will be saved :)

It's actually simple....yet that bowing of the knee is not so easy. Praying for you to take that step.

Yes, Christ accepts us as we are but He won't leave us that way, thank God :)