Need Prayers Bad Guys & Gals (sisters son)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
:( Bekah, is Steven a Christian?

S

simplyme_bekah

Ricky...that was beautiful and powerful and one amazing prayer!!! thank you from all of my heart for it.
Popclick I think so yes.
thanks Mike!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying already in Jesus's name for him.

I had a foster daughter who decided to go off meds when she moved in with us, she is healed and has not needed meds since, it has been 7 yrs now.:)

Bekah, the suppliment nac is very helpful with managing schts, He might be willing to take it as it is all natural.
It was recomended by my daughters psy and it does help some. :)

Hugs and God bless
pickles

P

psychomom

ditto on the NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine) :)

It's a derivative of an amino acid (which are the building blocks of proteins), and it's often used as medicine, for things like Tylenol overdose, and even cirrhosis. The thing to keep is mind is most meds are based on natural things (like narcotics coming from poppies) and most supplements, however natural, are drugs, biologically speaking.
So just always check with the docs, or at least make them aware you're taking them.

But NAC has been shown to have amazing results with autism and bipolar disorder and schizophrenia!
(actual double blind study, real, true results!!)
Without the mind numbing side effects of most drugs for that condition.
You can even get NAC in alka-seltzer like dissolvable tabs that are juice flavored. :)

Thanks, pickles...can't believe I forgot about a supplement I actually take...lol
And you ladies are going to swell my head to the point I can't get through a doorway...♥
I love you, too. :)

S

simplyme_bekah

ok ladies I will tell my sister about that. love and appreciate all the prayers and advice everyone! thank you!

S

shekaniah

I just remebered something I saw on TV...

Advocates of niacin for the treatment of schizophrenia contend that brain and metabolic functioning of people with schizophrenia is compromised because of dysfunctions in the operation and metabolic processing that takes place in brain cells. Because of a genetic vulnerability to excessive oxidation, people who have schizophrenia have brains that don’t operate efficiently. Unstable oxygen molecules called free radicals circulate in the bloodstream, stealing electrons from cell walls, DNA and mitochondria, reducing the effectiveness of neural functioning. Niacin promotes several processes that reduce the number of free radicals or that protect mitochondria. For example, niacin increases the amount of a substance called glutathione, which strengthens mitochondria membranes. Also, nacin decreases inflammation, a process that is thought to contribute to several psychiatric conditions. Niacin helps to calm the brain as well, functioning like the anti-anxiety agent benzodiazepine by stimulating certain sites in the brain called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors.

Read more: Niacin And Schizophrenia | LIVESTRONG.COM

Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

P

psychomom

I just remebered something I saw on TV...

Advocates of niacin for the treatment of schizophrenia contend that brain and metabolic functioning of people with schizophrenia is compromised because of dysfunctions in the operation and metabolic processing that takes place in brain cells. Because of a genetic vulnerability to excessive oxidation, people who have schizophrenia have brains that don’t operate efficiently. Unstable oxygen molecules called free radicals circulate in the bloodstream, stealing electrons from cell walls, DNA and mitochondria, reducing the effectiveness of neural functioning. Niacin promotes several processes that reduce the number of free radicals or that protect mitochondria. For example, niacin increases the amount of a substance called glutathione, which strengthens mitochondria membranes. Also, nacin decreases inflammation, a process that is thought to contribute to several psychiatric conditions. Niacin helps to calm the brain as well, functioning like the anti-anxiety agent benzodiazepine by stimulating certain sites in the brain called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors.

Read more: Niacin And Schizophrenia | LIVESTRONG.COM

Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

I was just reading an article in a medical journal about the absence of niacin skin flush in patients with scizo-affective disorders being 80% as compared to 20% of a control population...something about an inability to properly process phospho-lipids...
yeah...it got pretty technical, but I can certainly drag it out and 'translate' it if you like, Bekah. ;)
(to the best of my meager ability, anyway...lol)

Just praying for Steven. ♥

S

simplyme_bekah

this is my sisters update to me

His case manager said when he has a flipside meaning he's on the verge of destruction n he drew this picture of a bad side n good side bad side was stick people crossed out n on fire (all) us. N good side was clouds n light n hearts he did this at other house last year. This is very scary i feel like im n movie