Need some advice please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Needhelp2014

My story I'll make it short just need some advice or something to help out.

Me and my wife of 4 years were in love and we had our fights. Not proud to say it but we hit each other and fought more then we should of. Well coming up on four years she decided to leave me and said I needed help. She left and I went to get some help so that we could be to be together. Well in this process she went and filed a restraining order? I was shocked, like a week gone by we hadn't even seen each other I'd done moved and everything. So I found out it was that she had another man. Someone twice her age. Well I said ok I can handle all this hired a lawyer who advices me to just play it cool and everything will be fine. During the this no contact order she calls, text, comes by because she was worried about me. Short end of the story he was a drunk I moved away she found out life isn't perfect with your affair and I took her back. After a month of living with me she says we should help this guy(the affair) because he is a drunk and he needs it. So I tell her you choose and if he does move in things will change. Well he moves in after I pay both their ways for a month I kick him out because he starts drinking again. After he is gone I'm still done with her. She doesn't understand why. After all this time I've went to therapy to work on me and I'm the calmest person you'll ever meet. After about 3 months of her still hitting and throwing things and me just taking it unlike before when it'd be back and forth I've had enough she won't leave so I make her by getting and restraining order on her. She leaves and for a year she loves me and wants to come back. We never get a divorce though the papers are here and ready to. I told her work on her go to therapy and maybe we can be together. All this time I'm dating she is also, but I'm not having sex or anything with anyone. Well one day she calls and asks if I have, I say no. She says yea I know you haven't you've always been that way. Then tells me she has with 5 people and that she is just trying to fill a void that is empty in her that I've left by not staying with her. I immediately break down and cry. She the women I love has became this..... I'm lost no words to describe it. I've always loved her and find she isn't smart when it comes to love but I don't know what to do. So I tell her to come back. It's been about a week and I seen on her Facebook she had she was in a relationship with someone. One of the people she slept with. I'm upfront and tell her whats this? She says she forgot and that it's nothing. Now a day later she pokes me so I'm happy to see that she changed it when I go and see she didn't and when I ask her about it a day later after confronting her she just says she don't want to hurt him. She isn't going to change it. I'm going through the same thing again it seems?!? I can't keep helping her and being walked on I know I'm stupid but I love her. What to do......

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
So sorry you're hurting :(. You're going through misery now, but God is changing your heart...when our hearts break, He can then put them back together correctly. It's a painful process.

The fact is that you cannot change your wife. Only God can. The only person you have control over is yourself. As you grow in the truth and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, He will help you to know how to deal with your wife and especially with how to deal with your own life and future happiness. Happiness is there...He will lead you to it. And hopefully your wife will see what is happening to you and want to come along :). But this is a choice each person must make for themselves. You can't make your wife choose what is right but you can show her what it looks like to choose goodness and light.

Do you have a bible? Read and pray for understanding and guidance. The book of Matthew is a great place to get to know Christ. Do you attend church? If not, start visiting churches. Hopefully, your wife will come with you :). Hearing the Word of God preached is very motivating and encouraging. And being with other believers is also very helpful. Belief is contagious. A good church will show you God's love.

Praying for you both....that the Holy Spirit will come into your lives and guide your marriage into the holy covenant that it is meant to be. Be patient but be bold and diligent in seeking Him. The Bible says to seek Him first and THEN everything else will fall into place. Not easily and not right away, but it will :).

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Divorce and go your separate ways and have nothing to do with each other again. It seems to me she only comes back to you because you are the only man who she can be violent towards and get away with it. She proberbly hit some other men she was with and they just punched her back.

No matter how much you think you love someone, if they keep on subjecting you to domestic abuse then its time to call an end to it. Then there is the matter that you are not exactly innocent of being violent either, its relationships like this which litertly can end with one of the spouses up on manslaughter and murder charges.

I also know the advice you will get is going to be a lot different had you been a women telling a sob story about husband beating her up.

You have to accept that this relationship is never going to work and to be honest its beyond repair.

Sep 17, 2013
Sorry to hear that you are going through this pain. I have to agree with Agricola with the divorce. Also, I am confused as to why after you both filed a restraining order against each other, why would she still continue to text you and come and see you. I know it is painful, I have been through it. If she truly wants the marriage to work, she needs to say to the other guys that she is no longer interested , and that she is working on her marriage. The good place to start would be to pray, and if your wife is a christian to pray together for healing . Also, are you willing to forgive your wife for what she has done to you in the past.
Also, I am confused as to why you would pay for your wife and some other guy wile you were living there.
Will be praying for the both of you as you are going through this
God Bless