Need some help/advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

voiceoftheshires

I really need to talk to someone about my wife but I don't want to talk to anyone in my Church because mywife would feel this to be betrayal. How can I go about finding counselling from another Church?

R

Richie_2uk

I really need to talk to someone about my wife but I don't want to talk to anyone in my Church because mywife would feel this to be betrayal. How can I go about finding counselling from another Church?
Your wife is going to feel even more betrayal even if you go find another church to talk about her. Why dont you talk to her direct, sit her down air your concern, and tell her how you feel and whats upsetting you that she is currently doing or done.
that way you are keeping it between yourselve's and learning to listen and hopefully compromise with each other to overcome the matter that bothering you. At the same time, praying into the situation, and asking God for his wisdom and right things to say. without outside your home about it.

If however that you cannot talk to her, then I suggest that you pray that God will put forward someone who you can talk with, and give advise or help in the matter. again the less people involved the less aggro into the situation. and that way people on the outside won't be inclined to listen in other people's dirty washing sort to say. Therefor the situation won't be a huge wide spread problem for everyone to get involved in.

What ever the situation is, if you or both you and wife can trust God, that he can bring calm and peace in the situation. then God will bless you both. I hope and Pray that you both can sort it out.

V

voiceoftheshires

Your wife is going to feel even more betrayal even if you go find another church to talk about her. Why dont you talk to her direct, sit her down air your concern, and tell her how you feel and whats upsetting you that she is currently doing or done.
that way you are keeping it between yourselve's and learning to listen and hopefully compromise with each other to overcome the matter that bothering you. At the same time, praying into the situation, and asking God for his wisdom and right things to say. without outside your home about it.

If however that you cannot talk to her, then I suggest that you pray that God will put forward someone who you can talk with, and give advise or help in the matter. again the less people involved the less aggro into the situation. and that way people on the outside won't be inclined to listen in other people's dirty washing sort to say. Therefor the situation won't be a huge wide spread problem for everyone to get involved in.

What ever the situation is, if you or both you and wife can trust God, that he can bring calm and peace in the situation. then God will bless you both. I hope and Pray that you both can sort it out.
Well I have, on many occasions attempted to talk to her but usually she gets heated and flies into a rage and then sulks. I trust God to improve matters and indeed he seems to slowly but in the meantime it is painful

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
This website is a great 'anonymous' place to talk things out. Just be ready to get a lot of different opinions. But that can be useful.

It is hard to talk to someone when it just sends them into a rage. I think this is a stalling technique and plainly says they don't want to talk about that issue. But sometimes confrontation is needed. Just phrase it in nonjudgmental and non critical ways...like 'honey, I'd like to see our relationship grow and strengthen'...or...'is there something I can do to help?' ...or 'is there something I've done to hurt you?'. Maybe this will get the communication lines open.