Need some serious prayers here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

simplyme_bekah

I think I am suppose to help her. I think I am suppose to show her Gods grace by first forgiving her while she knows that I know what she said. And second by helping her move as was planned even though she did me wrong. She knows that I stand for God. But as soon as I am done helping her move I am so done with this person. I am just sorry for her because I know that God will heap coals of fire onto her head. I also would imagine he isn't so happy that she openly rejected His salvation.
Thanks Ellie. Thanks everyone for continued prayers over my situation. God Bless Ya!

S

shekaniah

I think I am suppose to help her. I think I am suppose to show her Gods grace by first forgiving her while she knows that I know what she said. And second by helping her move as was planned even though she did me wrong. She knows that I stand for God. But as soon as I am done helping her move I am so done with this person. I am just sorry for her because I know that God will heap coals of fire onto her head. I also would imagine he isn't so happy that she openly rejected His salvation.
Thanks Ellie. Thanks everyone for continued prayers over my situation. God Bless Ya!
This rings true in my spirit!
I do believe it is the wisdom of God!
Prayers sent your way for your safety and for God's love to shine through :)
Love and hugs, Shekaniah

C

chuinchoy

i've gone through the same experience like you. Don't worry at all about this because in my experience God will let the lie doesn't hold water at all. What your potential boss look at is YOU and NOT what he/she HEARD about you. During your interview, show yourself completely, don't hide anything and your potential boss will see the real you and appreciate your honesty and will offer you the job-speaking from my own experience.

P

psychomom

I have to say, I'm with Shekiniah on this one--I feel it's a good 'move' on your part. ;)

The burning coals thing is difficult, but this is what I was taught about it.
The words appear in Romans (12:20) and Paul is quoting Psalm 25:21-22. Both chapters speak to how we should live with one another.

I have heard it said that the intention is to show kindness to your enemy to stir up the flame of love for the Lord in her heart. But I think that the meaning of the Hebrew idiom is more the idea of the way the ancients did things.

Fire was essential to life. When you went to bed, you banked the fire, and got up in the night to stir the coals so the fire wouldn't go out. If it was really cold, maybe you had to do this every couple of hours. If you didn't, the fire went out, and kindling a new fire wasn't easy, so you would take a large bowl, carried on the head, to try to get hot, burning coals from the nearest neighbor. If you gave coals to someone, you put burning (not dead) coals on their head. If you gave generously, you 'heaped' the coals.
It's consistent with grace--you give your enemy what she needs, but does not deserve.
In so doing, you lavish them with what they have not earned, as the Lord does for us many times a day. And you leave her in God's hands--you don't attempt to take vengeance yourself, but leave judgement to the Lord, as is fitting for His child.

It's not about 'killing her with kindness'. It's more about lavishing her with love. There is a measure of helping her to realize how unjust she is, and perhaps she will realize the enormity of her error and it will stir her to repentance for it.
But I think it's mostly about loving your enemy. No hypocrisy, no ill will meant, just showing God's love with a sincere heart, as I know you mean it, Bekah. :)
You, as Christ's ambassador, give her help and love when she least deserves it, just as God did when redeeming us, and as He does with us over and over after that. Maybe she will get a better picture of Him through you! ♥

xoxxo

S

simplyme_bekah

ahhh thanks Ellie and shekaniah and choirboy! You know Ellie I agree with you completely. I usually feel compassion and sadness for people such as she and never want to ever do pay back on someone. Returning one evil for another is wrong to me, yah! lol I'm just going to let the Holy Spirit lead me on this one and trust that God has a plan and that I am a part of it. Love ya all!

O

OFM

ahhh thanks Ellie and shekaniah and choirboy! You know Ellie I agree with you completely. I usually feel compassion and sadness for people such as she and never want to ever do pay back on someone. Returning one evil for another is wrong to me, yah! lol I'm just going to let the Holy Spirit lead me on this one and trust that God has a plan and that I am a part of it. Love ya all!
Bekah sister ur heart is pure it is of the Lord,if u repay good for evil that can melt her heart and open it to see Jesus in you clearly in a way she can not and the Lord can call her name she will be open to that then u can sow the seed and water it alittle go for it.

S

shirley

praying for you sister ; you are a blessed daughter of the king and im sure GOD is protecting you from the grasp of satan ; your like me sweet kind ; giving and ive ran into situations where i help people and they turned on me but scontinue to walk in christ love ok sis she will eventually see christ in you and i pray GOD opens her eyes and shows her wht she has been doing to you love you sister in christ

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Continueing to pray for all in Jesus's name.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

simplyme_bekah

Continueing to pray for all in Jesus's name.

Hugs and God bless
pickles
And you are still in my prayers Misssssssssssssssss Pickles. God pressed it upon my heart to pray for you and Jeff (OFM) this morning. Blessings to ya sweetheart <3