Need to focus. please pray

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

my mind seems to be going to ten thousand different things but not on the things I need to focus on. I have a Monday deadline and I'm already late turning in these papers but I can't seem to focus and write anything that makes any sense.

it feels like walking through tar to even convince myself that its important to do and not just phase out. I either get listless or get hyper anxious and nervous and depressed when I think or try to finish these task. I guess i'm kind of feeling overwhelmed. see all these words and none of them doing or saying what in need to finish the task.

i just feel like i'm wasting more and more time and i just want to be done but can't seem to focus my mind into getting it done

and i keep hearing whispers that say things like "its because you're not good enough" your not worthy, and other bs like that.

Yeah I just need some prayers and a miracle to get it all done today so that I can move on with my life.

i know with the world's problems, writing a few papers don't seem that important but i hate failing and i feel like i've already disappointed so many people by being late turning these things in and I don't know the future. i hardly handle the present and just pray God helps me because I know i'm a nervous wreck most days though those who don't know me take it as something else.

God please help me focus and get this done and stop being distracted by so many other things and stop making excuses for not getting it done. Lord help because I know I can't do it alone.

I don't know what is wrong with me but I know God is able to fix it. So if you would pray it would be great. thanks.

S

shekaniah

Father all the wisdom of your word, may it rule in Ariel's heart and mind.
Lord place your hope, faith, love, grace, joy and wisdom into her spirit.
May your spirit testify to hers that she is a child of God!
Move people who know and love her best to encourage her through you Lord.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Stay in the word! Listen to Christian music!!!
We love you here!!!
Keep us posted sister!
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my prayers in Jesus for all help and the focus you need.

Hugs and Godbless
pickles

P

psychomom

my mind seems to be going to ten thousand different things but not on the things I need to focus on. I have a Monday deadline and I'm already late turning in these papers but I can't seem to focus and write anything that makes any sense.

it feels like walking through tar to even convince myself that its important to do and not just phase out. I either get listless or get hyper anxious and nervous and depressed when I think or try to finish these task. I guess i'm kind of feeling overwhelmed. see all these words and none of them doing or saying what in need to finish the task.

i just feel like i'm wasting more and more time and i just want to be done but can't seem to focus my mind into getting it done

and i keep hearing whispers that say things like "its because you're not good enough" your not worthy, and other bs like that.

Yeah I just need some prayers and a miracle to get it all done today so that I can move on with my life.

i know with the world's problems, writing a few papers don't seem that important but i hate failing and i feel like i've already disappointed so many people by being late turning these things in and I don't know the future. i hardly handle the present and just pray God helps me because I know i'm a nervous wreck most days though those who don't know me take it as something else.

God please help me focus and get this done and stop being distracted by so many other things and stop making excuses for not getting it done. Lord help because I know I can't do it alone.

I don't know what is wrong with me but I know God is able to fix it. So if you would pray it would be great. thanks.
Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home.
She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word.
But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up toHim and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.”
But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things;
but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:38-42)

Ariel...what I hope you can see there is that you are Mary. ♥
"
I don't know what is wrong with me but I know God is able to fix it."

See there, my dear one? :)
See your eyes on Jesus? See your trust in the One Who saves, not our souls only? :)
In the work that you are doing there, you have chosen the good part!

In your absolute faith and trust in the Lord, you have chosen the good part. :)
You have that thing, that 'only one thing is necessary' thing.

Jesus. ♥
The One Thing.

That's why the Lord hears these prayers, and will completely take care of the rest.
You know God is able to fix it. :)

I am praying for you this morning.
love,
ellie

I

Indubitably

Father, you know that this is so common with us and we all give in to this during times of stress and pressure. I just pray that you will free Ariel from this lack of focus and close off the matters of the mind that will hinder her. Lord, help her focus become perfect and without distraction. We need you in our loves today and we look to you for every need. We thank you for your love and the fact that you care about even the smallest details of our lives. We give you honor and glory for your faithfulness! In the sweet name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.

S

simplyme_bekah

Sweet heart it sounds like you need to go take a nice long walk and take some deep breaths while walking and try talking to God during your walk and go see his beauty all around you and just absorb it and feel his peace settle over you. I lift you up in prayer asking our Lord to help you with all of your needs, I ask on Jesus name amen. You know what you need to do is when you get all wound up like that say the words "I claim the peace of Jesus on Jesus name, thank you Jesus, Amen." and when I get overwhelmed like that I usually start saying over and over in my mind "I trust my Jesus" If you remember that he is always with you and that you are not alone its easy to just trust him to take care of you. Ask him to give to you child like trust in him. Life is a beautiful gift meant to be embraced and lived and loved. Its hard, its not suppose to be easy. Its filled with lessons and trials that bend and stretch us. But you have Jesus guiding you by the hand. Do not let the devil steal your joy or believe the lies he is whispering to you. Remember, he is defeated and he has no power over you. You allow yourself to believe his lies or not. Chose not ok. When those bad thoughts pop into your mind rebuke them in the name of Jesus. Ask Jesus to put the whole armor of God on you every morning when you wake up. Give it all to Jesus by laying it at his feet and cry out for his help. He will deliver you, always.

R

rassteve

you have our prayers ephe 6 10-18

L

libertygirl

...Praying...

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent for wisdom, insight, understanding and the peace of God.
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

C

cardsfan93

Praying for you Ariel!!

S

shekaniah

Just checking in...How are you?
In my thoughts and prayers :)
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Father God, I pray that you help Ariel shut out the voice of the evilone he is the only one that would say “its because you're not good enough" your not worthy”. Help her know that these are not your thoughts or her thoughts, because you have said through your word that we are beloved and can do all things through Messiah Yeshua who strengthens us. Help her step away for a time as she regains strength and focus to do the task at hand. In Yeshua’s Holy name I pray amen.

A

Ariel82

I want to thank everyone for their prayers.

I've had about 5 hours of sleep in the last 52 hours, but praise God I've submitted 4 out of the 5 things due. Just one more project to complete and then its out of my hands until the teacher tells me if I passed or need to redo some of them.

I check cc when I get to stressed out and frustrated with trying to write intellectual papers. I get tired of pretending to be smart and use big words you would never say in real life to a majority of people.

for some reason I find the Bible discussion forum calming. lol.

Maybe its because I'd rather talk about the Bible and God and His grace then the effects of plastic on marine wildlife and the ecosystem (the topic of the last paper I'm suppose to write)

anyway thank you all for your prayers :)

I was really in bad shape a few days ago.

I think i'm going to take a break for dinner and hopefully be able to finish tonight.

:) I love you guys!

P

psychomom

for some reason I find the Bible discussion forum calming. lol.
lol!

If this is the case...that place is calming...:eek: and also :cool:.

But it brings your stress level alive.
So I renew my prayers for mercy. ♥

B

BarlyGurl

Ariel, I think that the inner turmoil you are experiencing is that your education success requires you to think and perform in a worldly realm and your spirit dictates you separate yourself from the world... this is why you feel calmed or "reconnected" by visiting the forum. THis seems like the best answer for the symptoms you are experiencing and I think is quite NORMAL for your situation. You are not going crazy, take the needed time to recharge and perhaps work on disciplining your "tasking" for better efficiency. Be encouraged and visit your FORUM family often.

S

shekaniah

Thank you for the update...you made me smile :D
God bless you and keep you close :)
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs, Ill keep praying in Jesus. :)

God bless
pickles

Sep 8, 2012
Really?
You find me calming?
You find our heated discussions calming?
I shall have to post more.........:)
(Just so as to calm you down Aerial Attack):p

A

Ariel82

Really?
You find me calming?
You find our heated discussions calming?
I shall have to post more.........:)
(Just so as to calm you down Aerial Attack):p
:) yep very calming :)

what heated discussions?

Just wanted to update everyone. I submitted my paper today and now cooking dinner for the family and we just made ginger cookie dough and placed it in the fridge. :) we might make a gingerbread house tomorrow after church.

thanks again for your prayers. :)