Needing prayers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rachael82

I would really appreciate any prayers for my boyfriend being saved. Before I started dating him I had fallen away and recently came back to God. I know he believes in God and Christ but doesn't feel the need to pray or read the bible. He has a lot of misconceptions about Christianity because the only Christians he's known gave him false information and were hypocrites. When we started dating I was no better. The changes I've been making in my life have been very tough on him. He's been very patient and accepting of my boundaries and beliefs but he's also very skeptical of the church and refuses to go, read the bible with me or pray (although he will engage in conversation about it). Hes also going through a lot of other changes with his job and friendships so I know he's overwhelmed right now.

I also need prayers for myself because I seem to be the only person in his life concerned about this and I want to set a better example of a Christian for him. I also need the strength to press through even if things between us don't work out because I know it wouldn't be wise of me to marry someone who doesn't share my beliefs. Thank you brothers and sisters for your prayers and God Bless.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
God bless you for holding true to the wisdom of not marrying an unbeliever. :)
Your boyfriend is in my prayers in Jesus for His healing salvation.
Praing also for you in Jesus for the disernemnt and streangth needed in this.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

R

Rachael82

Thank you Pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will pray for your boyfriend. God bless

W

wanting2believe

I will pray for you.. this would actually be my first time praying again for somebody else (actually praying with all my intentions lol).. Ive actually come back to God and I find it very interesting that in a way I also have someone I really care about and close to me, my girlfriend and she goes to church but hates it.. I dont think she knows of God.. but back to the point I understand and so I will pray and dont not feel ashamed if you love your boyfriend then you must also be concerned by his spiritual life.

S

shekaniah

I would really appreciate any prayers for my boyfriend being saved. Before I started dating him I had fallen away and recently came back to God. I know he believes in God and Christ but doesn't feel the need to pray or read the bible. He has a lot of misconceptions about Christianity because the only Christians he's known gave him false information and were hypocrites. When we started dating I was no better. The changes I've been making in my life have been very tough on him. He's been very patient and accepting of my boundaries and beliefs but he's also very skeptical of the church and refuses to go, read the bible with me or pray (although he will engage in conversation about it). Hes also going through a lot of other changes with his job and friendships so I know he's overwhelmed right now.

I also need prayers for myself because I seem to be the only person in his life concerned about this and I want to set a better example of a Christian for him. I also need the strength to press through even if things between us don't work out because I know it wouldn't be wise of me to marry someone who doesn't share my beliefs. Thank you brothers and sisters for your prayers and God Bless.
I know a women who would not marry her boyfriend until she was sure he was saved.
That was 23yrs ago and they share an amazing life with Jesus together!
He is even a decon at the church...
My prayers go out to you both!
In His Love, Shekaniah

S

shekaniah

I will pray for you.. this would actually be my first time praying again for somebody else (actually praying with all my intentions lol).. Ive actually come back to God and I find it very interesting that in a way I also have someone I really care about and close to me, my girlfriend and she goes to church but hates it.. I dont think she knows of God.. but back to the point I understand and so I will pray and dont not feel ashamed if you love your boyfriend then you must also be concerned by his spiritual life.
God will honor your prayers...
you seem to have a humble heart and that it what God looks at!
He looks at our motives and examines our hearts and minds.
Ask God for His perfect wisdom.

Lord open the spiritual eyes of his girlfriend, breath your life into her spirit!!!
Show wantingtobelieve how to pray for his girlfriend, give him Your Wisdom.
Shine Your Loving light into their lives!
In Jesus Name, Amen

R

Rachael82

I know a women who would not marry her boyfriend until she was sure he was saved.
That was 23yrs ago and they share an amazing life with Jesus together!
He is even a decon at the church...
My prayers go out to you both!
In His Love, Shekaniah
Thank you so much for sharing Shekeniah and thank you for your prayers. I'm really hoping someday he and I can share a similar story :)

Wanting2Believe I will be praying for you as well, and your prayers are so appreciated. :)

Thank you for your prayers everyone!

B

Brighthouse

Indeed Rachael I will be praying for you as well.Here is just a thought for you.Since he is so sour on what others think,have a Bible Study together,looking together at a topic you both wish to explore.Let him have the lead in doing this,and perhaps by the love you sure have for him,this will encourage him in doing it more often,until he gets his balance back,even as you did.

R

Rachael82

Thank you Bright. When the opportunity arises I will. I'm trying to be careful about not forcing the issue so he will come to it on his own. This past weekend was a blessing though because he looks at Christianity from a more scientific aspect and science and archeology isn't my specialty... BUT.... it is part of my Dad's! He and my father spent a couple of hours talking about biblical archeology and such. I think my dad was able to shed some light one some topics of interest for him and that was awesome. :)

B

Brighthouse

COOL!!!!Sometimes a man needs a man to talk to him about how things really are! And to help encourage as well! We all have to start somewhere,and to me what matters is that one is drawing closer to Jesus! How this is done,matters not! Before you can run in any race,you first have to get out of the crowd and get in the race!( 1 Cor 9:22-27!! enjoy!) And this for your dad!!( Hebrews 6:10-12) Blessing unto your family sis!

R

Rachael82

Ha, so true Bright. Someone I think hearing it from a man gives me a little more authority. Sometimes when I tell him something he looks at me like,yeah right... But if his dad or my dad tell him the same thing he's like ''really? oh ok''.. lol. Thanks again so much for the support Bright and for sharing those wonderful scriptures!