Needing some help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Dadoftwo

Hello, I am new and found this site while soul searching one night. I am married to a woman who I have been with for 10 years and have two beautiful children with. Over time she has become very cold, moody, short tempered, and uncaring towards me and the children. We know she loves us because I often see through her temper and the "old" person that she was comes out. She has recently declared that she has no interest or belief in God or Christianity. She will not attend church with my kids and I every Sunday, and has even lost sight of proper things to say in front of the kids. She never goes too far and will often show remorse later on. My family is my #1 priority but I find myself at times wanting to take the kids and leave. I do not believe in this and I'm 100% certain there is nobody else in her life, but it is becoming more and more difficult to live this way. Any advice/help would be appreciated. Blessings.

E

Exoaria

If you're in this situation in the first place then you're probably not confident of where you are in Christ in the first place. The problem here is that you're stressing yourself in so many different ways of how you can deal with this dilemma in your own strength. You might think "perhaps if I continue going to church then the answer will come", but then the answer doesn't come and you look into yourself, thinking "I should be a better Christian" - all of sudden you're occupied with yourself and you feel like there's too little time to deal with everything happening, and you need to take things into your own hands because you don't have the time to reconcile yourself with God but everything is going down so fast so you just want to make your own solutions and deal with it later.

I can tell you that this cycle will only repeat itself. Whether you stay with your wife, leave her or spend the next 15 years indecisive of either, I can tell you that unless you can come to peace with what Jesus has done for you and rest in his finished work, you will always think that there is something more you could be doing in order to attain a higher status with God to overcome your problems. Only by abiding in Him, can He abide in you.
How can you abide in Him? By receiving the gift of righteousness in His finished work which will also hold the power for you to overcome the problems in your flesh. There's nothing you can do to increase or decrease the relationship you have with God because you were already reconciled with Him when you were enemies. You're dead in the flesh and alive in the Spirit, so don't live as if you're dead in the flesh. You might think "Well, what else could I possibly do? I know that Jesus died for me, there's nothing else that I could do to gain a clearer understanding of that." ... This is fools talk. Paul says to continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, there is no limit to how much you can gain in the knowledge of the finished work of Christ through revelation of His death.

I suggest you pick up your Bible and begin to read through Romans. The fact that you're concerned with our opinion of these problems shows that you're putting more faith in us than you're putting faith in the encapsulation of the Kingdom that you possess - I'm not criticizing you for posting, because if you didn't ask this, then you wouldn't be able to hear this message based on what you asked. But the solution isn't in yourself or anything you can do.
It's about understanding who you are in Christ and beginning to walk in that faith. Open your Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you, ask Him to convict you of your righteousness in Christ so that you can begin to discern all things through the cross. You're American so your church more than likely, if you've talked to them about these things, will tell you that the problem lies within you - this is law preaching and puts a veil over your heart the same way that Moses wore a veil when he brought the commandments down. There is complete love, joy and reconciliation between you and God right now and the only thing that can stop you from claiming that is your mind and falling deeper into the trap of legalism which the devil so passionately pursues to convict people of. We are under the New Covenant and you have the power to reign over all that you are going through.

Begin to look to Jesus in a new light, open your Bible and as I said - read through the book of Romans. Filter it through the cross, learn about who you are and your inheritance. Then you will have what you need to walk in the Spirit and discern all things, and your love will be a light to all around you, even your wife will feel your presence. You won't need to ask these questions because you will be led by the Holy Spirit - and you are in Spirit to this day. So stop acting like you're in the flesh. Jesus has overcome everything for you, and you have an opportunity now to make your heart about Him, and then when you learn about how loved and unconditionally righteous you are, HE will make it about you.

If you'd like to talk at any point, please do inbox me. You can add me on Skype as well - just inbox me your username if you'd like to talk. I'll pray for you that you receive revelation of the love of Christ, so that you learn about who you actually are. You're above this, and your destiny is to reign above what you're going through.

R

reject-tech

All I know to say is just keep loving her no matter what.
You can't force peace of mind on her, but you can have a little for yourself.
I would guess that pushing church on her won't help as much as letting her come to realize you love her by your actions.
Praying for her right now.

M

MissCris

From your description of her behavior, it sounds to me as though she's feeling stressed and overwhelmed, maybe even resentful, about having a family and all the responsibility that comes with it. Along with that, she also seems to be dealing with a spiritual struggle- instead of leaning on the Lord through this, she's pulling away.

I suggest starting with talking to her; try and find out what's bothering her, and maybe try lightening her load a bit. Or, if possible, give her a day to go out by herself- no kids, no errands to run, just some time alone.

Through all of it, though, pray for her. Maybe try praying with her? Do you think she would do that with you?

C

Cino

My only advise aside from talking to her, is to pray, pray and more prayer. Also, perhaps Satan is getting a hold of her. Ask Satan to leave... cast him out... in the name of Jesus Christ, rebuke him and tell him leave your wife alone.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
It sounds to me like she needs some counseling. She may even be having some type of psychological issue. There may be an underlying physical reason to the change in her behavior.

Of course it could be completely spiritual as well, but I would have her see her doctor first to rule out any type of physical reason for her change.