Negotiators reach Iran nuke deal in overtime talks

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Negotiators announce preliminary agreement on Iran nuke program

International negotiators announced the framework for an Iranian nuclear deal Thursday, capping days of exhaustive and tense talks that blew past their original deadline.

The preliminary agreement allows all sides -- the U.S., Iran and five other world powers -- to continue working toward a final agreement by a June 30 deadline.

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after negotiators unveiled the plan in Switzerland, President Obama called the agreement a "historic understanding."
It's an agreement to make an agreement. How it can be of "historic understanding," I haven't a clue. I doubt Obama does, either, it just sounds good. Iran doesn't have to adhere to anything they've "agreed" to -- because it isn't actually an agreement.

Meanwhile they keep grinding away making weapons-grade uranium. The "agreement" "prevents" them from making weapons-grade plutonium, but they aren't even trying to do that, so, so what?

Obama urged Congress to look at the deal. Wonder if expects them to actually approve it? I'm pretty sure they're not going to approve something that is merely a framework for continuing talks.

Dec 12, 2013
It's an agreement to make an agreement. How it can be of "historic understanding," I haven't a clue. I doubt Obama does, either, it just sounds good. Iran doesn't have to adhere to anything they've "agreed" to -- because it isn't actually an agreement.

Meanwhile they keep grinding away making weapons-grade uranium. The "agreement" "prevents" them from making weapons-grade plutonium, but they aren't even trying to do that, so, so what?

Obama urged Congress to look at the deal. Wonder if expects them to actually approve it? I'm pretty sure they're not going to approve something that is merely a framework for continuing talks.
I would say that I am still trying to decide which (stooge) he reminds me of, but have decided that I will not disgrace the memories and laughs actually associated with Larry, Curly and or MOE......!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Would have been better if they had reached this landmark non agreement yesterday.

The day grows dark the evening is soon upon us. The fields are white unto harvest but the laborers are few. Let us be diligent to win souls to Christ. The trumpet of God will soon call the church home with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
shoot, that happens on the BDF all the time.............agreeing to disagree, and agreeing to continue agreeing to disagree

Historic, truly Historic.........Obama has his legacy!

Dec 18, 2013
It is indeed a historic understanding. Now we have come to understand that Iran will not give up its nuclear ambitions and the West will not prevent them.