Nerd thread. (Video games and anti-social behavior)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
was talking to some librarians, some of them stock Bleach and other manga, and some dont at all and their children dont even know what manga is and have zero interest in it.

I dont have manga in my library, nobodys ever asked for it. I also dont have video games, as they are more trouble than they worth, cos the children just hog the computer and become real obnoxious when they are playing those things.
Uh... Then this thread is not for you.

Why do you feel compelled to pee all over everything you dislike?

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I'm hopefully getting a Japanese N64 for Christmas 😬 I got two Japanese games that are super pricey in english but the Japanese versions are cheap as dirt lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wait, what? You have to have a Japanese model to play Japanese games? The American model can't speak the Japanese disk's language? :p

Yeah, yeah, I know... regional disk player codes. But it was fun to say that anyway.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
NHL 20 on the PS4 is amazing. Hockey games nowadays look so life like. I’m a casual hockey fan... go Avs :)
I still have PS3 and have an older version of the EA Sports NHL game, haven't played it much lately.

Intellivision is about to release Amico, so want to buy that and relive some nostalgia. Also have Wii U and whenever that goes belly up, probably buy the switch. Still just playing Team Fortress 2 mostly.

https://www.intellivisionamico.com

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Wait, what? You have to have a Japanese model to play Japanese games? The American model can't speak the Japanese disk's language? :p

Yeah, yeah, I know... regional disk player codes. But it was fun to say that anyway.
Yeah the Nintendo ds and 3ds are one of the few Nintendo systems that are region free. The N64, SNES and NES are not however. I think it's more common for handheld systems because the Psp is also region free. It's a pain having two of the same systems just to play different games 🙄 I also eventually want to get a Japanese ps2.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I still have PS3 and have an older version of the EA Sports NHL game, haven't played it much lately.

Intellivision is about to release Amico, so want to buy that and relive some nostalgia. Also have Wii U and whenever that goes belly up, probably buy the switch. Still just playing Team Fortress 2 mostly.

https://www.intellivisionamico.com
The switch is so much fun. It's my favorite current gen system. I play it far more than the ps4. That being said, if you like sports games it might not be the system to get. (However I hear the Mario based sports games are really good!)

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
The switch is so much fun. It's my favorite current gen system. I play it far more than the ps4. That being said, if you like sports games it might not be the system to get. (However I hear the Mario based sports games are really good!)
Yeah, I like Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, and Super Mario Brothers.