Neurosurgeon's Near Death Experience in Newsweek Oct. 15th-- 2012

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I just read the unusual account in Newsweek yesterday about a near-death experience by neurosurgeon Dr. Eben Alexander. If you comment, please be respectful of the author, and comment on positive aspects of this account, even if you respectfully disagree. It is an unusual account to say the least.

I thought it was positive that the experience deepened the man's faith in God. He made a reference to a painting in his church of Jesus and the disciples breaking bread and he said that this reminded him of the "message that lay at the very heart of my journey: that we are loved and accepted unconditionally..." (Newsweek, Oct. 15th, 2012, p. 32). He also shared a message from his experience through an angelic lady that, "You are loved and cherished, dearly, forever." "You have nothing to fear." He perceived God in the "divine breeze," and asked questions that were answered immediately in an "explosion of light, color, love, and beauty that blew through me like a crashing wave." (Newsweek, pg. 31).

He also describes angelic winged beings above in the clouds, stating that, "I could hear the visual beauty of the silvery bodies of those scintillating beings above, and I could see the surging, joyful perfection of what they sang. It seemed that you could not look at or listen to anything in this world without becoming a part of it--without joining with it in some mysterious way." (pg.30).

He describes the angelic lady who accompanied him as wearing a "simple, like a peasant's" [outfit] "its colors--powder blue, indigo, and pastel orange-peach-had the same overwhelming, super vivid aliveness that everything else had. She looked at me with a look that, if you saw it for five seconds, would make your whole life up to that point worth living, no matter what had happened in it so far. It was not a romantic look. It was not a look of friendship. it was a look that was somehow beyond all these, beyond all the different compartments of love we have down here on earth. It was something higher, holding all those other kinds of love within itself while at the same time being much bigger than all of them." (Newsweek, Oct. 15th, 2012, pg. 31).

Well, that's enough to give you an idea-- it's a pretty wild story-- amazing!

M

mooman

That's awesome

A

AgeofKnowledge

Good article. What's interesting is that he considered himself a Christian but didn't believe in God, the supernatural, or anything beyond materialism before his near death experience. He was an atheist asserting that he was a Christian because he believed in the morality of Christianity. There are a lot of deceived people in this world that think like this.

Consider this survey that reveals that 14% of the 5% of Americans that do NOT believe in God, gods, or a "universal spirit" still claim they are Christians!

Pew Forum: Not All Nonbelievers Call Themselves Atheists

If you don't believe in the existence of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you're not a genuine Christian. It's as simple as that.

More Information: ‘No Religion’ on the Rise: 19.6% Have No Religious Affiliation - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life