New Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

john832

May 31, 2013
yep. Just pick up a goatskin bible and you won't turn it loose, lol. I order mine here: www. Evangelical.com. They are based in Midlothian, VA but the Bibles are printed and bound in Jongbloed, the Netherlands.
I have an Oxford wide margin KJV with goatskin. It has worn well and stayed very soft and pliable.

john832

May 31, 2013
Wowsers! Why does this Bible cost so much money?
Oxfords are well worth the money, they wear like iron.

(I did see where Vivian Ridler died a few years ago. Mine says printed by Vivian Ridler.)

M

MarkMulder

I still use a cheap EÜ [Einheitsübersetzung, translated: "Unity Translation"], which basically is a catholic translation, because I'm an ex catholic. For a student a quality Bible is quite expensive, but I don't really have to buy one, because I can get all translations on my smartphone. And what does it matter how God's Word is relayed anyway? Maybe a goatskin cover adds to the enjoyment of reading your Bible, but it adds nothing to the Truth of God's Word. ;)

john832

May 31, 2013
I still use a cheap EÜ [Einheitsübersetzung, translated: "Unity Translation"], which basically is a catholic translation, because I'm an ex catholic. For a student a quality Bible is quite expensive, but I don't really have to buy one, because I can get all translations on my smartphone. And what does it matter how God's Word is relayed anyway? Maybe a goatskin cover adds to the enjoyment of reading your Bible, but it adds nothing to the Truth of God's Word. ;)
Kinda like having a nice car to ride in. There is some pleasure in the quality, but the truths remain the same.

Esword is the best bang for your buck, it is FREE.

A

Alligator

Hey, AL, What part of TN do you live in? My kids went to David Lipscomb.

Is your bible the Large Print? I love the large print.
Pete, I'm from Lawrenceburg but I now live in Miss.

A

Alligator

Hey, AL, What part of TN do you live in? My kids went to David Lipscomb.

Is your bible the Large Print? I love the large print.
No, it's not large print. Since it's a single column bible, I guess they were afraid it would turn out to be about a foot thick, lol.

A

Alligator

mostly it's the Goatskin cover, which they claim is the best bible cover money can buy. It's made in the. Netherlands. Here is where you can find some info. EvangelicalBible.com

A

Alligator

My hard cover NLT was 5 bucks! The cover of the spine is flapping off but nothing that some good tape hasn't fixed! Lol
You sound like my wife, lol.

Dec 12, 2013
Because it is a good leather bound bible that takes a lot of punishment from study....mine was $85-90 in 1995 and is probably $150 or higher now....if you study a lot you have to have a decent one or it will fall apart on you...my first bible was like 20 bucks and in the first 4 or 5 years of usage I wore it out twice having had it rebound once which was $50 just to get it rebound....I still have it and it is wore smooth out!