New Here...About Me...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CollegeBound

Im a 27 year old father of 1 4 yr old daughter.
Married for 6 yrs now. Relationships been dead for about
4. I served in the Army, dont drink or do drugs. Wife
is a cruel cruel selfish drinker. Physically and mentally
abusive to me. I aspire to go to Oral Roberts University
and become an Evangelist. She threatens to take my daughter if i leave.
She has ran off to other mens house drunk before and stayed the.night
snorting cocaine. Constantly cusses me out.

I dont really know what to do. Family says leave. But what would
Jesus say in my situation? The only acceptable reaspn for
divorce is infidelity, but i cant prove she did it.

input is encouraged!

M

MyPottersClay

If what you say is all true, Then the first thing I would do is (since you are head of household and accountable to God) is lay out plainly what is expected of a Christian marriage. Tell her the devil is not welcome in your household and it is time to clean house. That is the start and I believe has to be established. They following is all dependent on her actions...I repeat ACTIONS. after that. Im going through a separation myself and this is as far as I think im qualified to speak on.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
Sounds like the devil is trying his best to keep you from furthering your walk....he is using your wife to hold you back...
you cant control her actions and the fact that she spends the night with men in a drunk situation only makes me think
infidelity is probable....my concern is the child....the first thing to do is cast the devil out of your home.....its not hard
Just stand in the center of your house and out loud claim your inheritance...tell the devil he is un welcome....and only
God will be honored here.....then you need to help that baby...get custody and put her in a safe home with your family...
and definitely continue your studies....with all this trouble im sure you are on the right track...dont let anyone stand in your
way to God....He will make sure your baby is safe....im praying for you my brother....
Go online to your state website...it will instruct you on how to file for custody....then no one can take your baby from you...
Most important ...give this to God to handle...all of it....and as always im here to talk if you need someone....

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Matthew 18:

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. [SUP]16 [/SUP]But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. [SUP]17 [/SUP]And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

I think this could be applied to a wife (judges?). And given her activities it is highly doubtful a court would award her custody of your daughter.

I'll be praying for you.

C

CollegeBound

I will pray upon it. Thank you for the guidance.

C

CarolineRose

Hi this is CarolineRose
I was married thirty years to a drunk husband . I have three children I always told them trust in god and marriage is for better or worse and a commitment is forever.
He always said where would you go you would never survive on your own.
I got divorced last May. I took a year getting ready with loans bank accounts credit cards in both names.

C

CarolineRose

I tried for 20 years. I fought for his love threw Jesus Christ my Lord and savior. I drug him to church councillors. Doctors anything and everything I felt like I failed . The pastor of my church said my x has his free will and the Devil is working and he was responding threw sin. Its not fun I will pray for you!
Lord
come and touch the heart of this young family . Give the answers on where to focus. Guide them Lord to mend the broken hearts. Let them focus on their beautiful child they brought into this world.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Im a 27 year old father of 1 4 yr old daughter.
Married for 6 yrs now. Relationships been dead for about
4. I served in the Army, dont drink or do drugs. Wife
is a cruel cruel selfish drinker. Physically and mentally
abusive to me. I aspire to go to Oral Roberts University
and become an Evangelist. She threatens to take my daughter if i leave.
She has ran off to other mens house drunk before and stayed the.night
snorting cocaine. Constantly cusses me out.

I dont really know what to do. Family says leave. But what would
Jesus say in my situation? The only acceptable reaspn for
divorce is infidelity, but i cant prove she did it.

input is encouraged!
I was in the Army too. Your wife sounds like my ex-wife except for the drinking and drugs. She was physically and mentally abusive to me too. I was once in your shoes. Either she needs to file or you need to file. Forget about acceptable reasons for divorce in the bible as either side can rationalize and justify their position on this matter. God knows and understands your situation. My ex wife was unfaithful to me as well. I did not need that as an excuse for divorce as she made that decision for herself, and I thank God for that. What would Jesus do? He would do what He has placed in your heart to do. Protect your daughter and escape that nightmare before it is too late.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I tried for 20 years. I fought for his love threw Jesus Christ my Lord and savior. I drug him to church councillors. Doctors anything and everything I felt like I failed . The pastor of my church said my x has his free will and the Devil is working and he was responding threw sin. Its not fun I will pray for you!
Lord
come and touch the heart of this young family . Give the answers on where to focus. Guide them Lord to mend the broken hearts. Let them focus on their beautiful child they brought into this world.
Lord I pray for CarolineRose. Though we know how You feel about divorce, we know also that when it comes to following You or an errant spouse which way we are going to go. Reward her faith, set angels about her to bear her up, and Holy Spirit gift and lead her as she needs led to come out of this stronger and whole in You. I pray the Name Jesus over the name Caroline. And I pray for this errant husband, that Your Spirit continue to convict him of his sins, and that he some day be freed of his demons enough to see them. Amen.

presidente

May 29, 2013
This is the trend nowadays, but how about an 'intervention' with her friends and family with a reservation lined up for a rehab place. I have heard that World Challenge/Teen Challenge have a much higher than average success rate. I have also read that they are unashamedly Christian and encourage people to have faith in Christ and to be empowered by the Spirit to overcome their sins.

If here mom, dad, close friends, and almost everyone she loves and cares about are in a living room telling her she's making a mess of her life, yours, and her daughters by her drinking and doing drugs, it's hard to resist that kind of pressure, and she may realize what she's done, and it may have more of an impact to her husband telling her these things if she's hardened her heart to that.