new here and i need a friend

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amyfeazel

Hey my name is amy. Found this website trying to find some counseling. I am 30 years old. I just got married a month ago and its not going good at all. I was in a relationship for 6 years when I meet my husband. Well this guy I was with cheated on me and he also abused me. I am and have been trying to get over the past but it is so hard. I accuse sky husband of cheating on me when I know for a fact he isn't. Another thing is my ex and I had a child together that I ended up letting someone adopt. I am scared that if I forget the past I am going to forget about my daughter. Pleased help before I lose a really great guy that I love so much. Thank you for listening to me vent.

A

AdorableNoel

I'll keep you in my prayers hon <3
If you ever just need someone to talk to, I'm here , I'll listen :)
But i suggest you talk to your husband about this first (if you havent already) and tell him exactly how you feel, after all he loves you very much :)

God Bless !

M

Martyrael

Hi Amy, welcome to Christian Chat.

I think there are many here that would very happily be a friend to you, myself included, but i cant help but wonder where your relationship with God is at the moment. If you could, please let us know a bit about where you stand with Him. He offers everything you are seeking and so much more.

Wishing you the best, have faith.
-Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amyfeazel

I grew up in church. My walk with God was really good. Now its not that great anymore. I know that God is here with me and he will never give you more than you can handle.

U

Ugly

Your post was a little confusing. If i understand right, you were in a 6 year relationship with an abuser and cheater. Now, you're out of that relationship, married to a good man, but your past relationship is interfering with your marriage because of the 'baggage' it created?

If i'm right on that, my first question would be, if you were having such a hard time, why did you get married to begin with? I doubt very much everything was going ok, no baggage, until you got married, then bam. Seems to me you knew you were in no position to get married but chose to do it anyways.

A

amyfeazel

I got married cause I thought my feelings about my past would go away and plus I love my husband very much. My husband is amazing. You are right I was not in a position to get married at all but I did.

M

Martyrael

It seems to me like some bits of your past are holding you back from being truly joyful today the way you were made to be. Maybe some of these things didn't go the way you had hoped for them to go, but that's alright because we all make mistakes- every single one of us. Have you accepted this much?

It seems to me that you are in search of healing. You need look no further then your relationship with Jesus Christ. Your feelings of your past are not meant to go away or be forgotten, but to be reformed. This is the work of Jesus Christ in us.

There is no counsel greater than that God provides, and luckily for us his word will guide us through every problem we face in this life. There are some great bible verses that should serve as a guide for you during this time and i will do what i can to bring them to you if someone else does not beat me to it, but i also strongly encourage you to stay active in your bible reading.

Do you speak to God about these concerns that have come up? If so what do you feel He has been telling you so far.