New Here. Need advice.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TakeDominion

Hello.
I'm new here.
I need help with something.
I have been saved for a few months now, and I am in LOVE with Jesus.
But I have this problem.
I have been with this girl (sorta) for over a year now. She's the one that brought me to the realization.
We're not officially "dating" we just know that we are together, and that God has brought us together.
We believe God wants to use our musical talents to glorify His name.
But we have this problem.
With lust.
We are both absolute Jesus freaks, but we have been drawn into the belief that teens to be "in a relationship" have to do all these terrible things. We haven't had sex, we are waiting until marriage, but we do things at the borderline.
We need help.
We both know it's happening, while it's happening.
But when we go home, we both feel awful.
But then the next day it happens again.
I don't know what is wrong with me.
I've sought help and deliverance, but no results.
I know we need to control ourselves.
We know that we are going to do these bad things, but afterwards we get in a big discussion about how we have to stop and turn from it and be clean.
But it doesn't happen.
We need help.
We need advice.

Z

zhawaj

can we chat in private?
my name is zainab, we may find a solution

L

LadyBlue

You may need to only see each other when others are around. While the temptation is too strong when you are together, you will fall. Give yourselves time to pray about it and ask God to help you with this. Until you feel strong enough to resist, don't be alone with her.

T

TakeDominion

zhwaj: I sent you a message.

L

Lcjacobs

Hi Take Dominion I think you should think of the man you want to become in the eyes of the Lord as a leader in terms of being the man so as all the great leaders in the bible seel counsel in prayer and the Lord will show you the way. He has created many miracle s so put your mind in his hands and you will find he will carry your burden till its gone

E

EverlastingChange

Throughout the Bible we're told to make hand-to-hand combat with The Devil, but as soon as it comes to youthful lusts it simply says flee. What does that tell us? That there is something in you more dangerous than the Devil himself, and we are not to even put ourselves into such situations. Never be alone with this girl, otherwise you will forever be going home afterwards feeling wrecked with guilt, and worse yet if you keep putting yourself into this situation it's only a matter of time before you both get carried away and do something you'll regret so much. Pray diligently, apply wisdom and completely remove yourself from these situations. As the bible says flee from them.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
TakeDominion hello welcome to Christian Chat.