New member on Christian Chat needs advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 29, 2024
Dear CC members,

Hello.

My name is Stephen. I am from Miami, Florida.

I'm reaching out to you, first, as a Pentecostal christian that needs sound advice. Secondly, as a father of two children who, in May 2001, were parentally kidnapped, held hostage for demands, brainwashed, which resulted in their development of Stockholm Syndrome.

We've been going through this tragedy since May 21, 2001. Yet, regardless of the fact that I've done everything I possibly could, in order to get proper legal intervention, all of the complaints, grievances and petitions that I filed with the proper law enforcement authorities, or their supervisory chains of command, or with their entities chief public servant official, were to no avail.

I've lost my children. I've lost my hope in and for my life. And, somewhere along this journey, I lost my way.

I'm at this fork in the road where I either get my human rights honored to seek asylum and present this case to the International Court of Justice under the exhaustion of all domestic judicial remedies clause, or I take the law into my own hands to administer proper justice for the defendant's.

The attached file is the beginnings of a book I started years ago. So before you read it please be aware that it contains some adult language that is very unchristian and not suitable for anyone under 18. I apologize in advance, but that is the only way I can vent my frustration, stress, and anger.

After reading it if you could kindly offer me some advice and or share your opinions on which path I should take, I would be grateful to have another persons prospective.

Thanks.

Stephen Daniel Leonard
2255 NE 136 Terrace
North Miami Beach, Florida 33181
(305) 337-9810
[email protected]
[email protected]

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Stephen, welcome to the CC fellowship and Forums!!! It's late here and I don't have time to review your material now or this weekend. Taking a giant leap, I'm gonna say I don't think retaliation to the point you're talking about is really worth it. Idk the details but have you prayed about this and not budge til you feel a direction from the Holy Spirit? Faith can move mountains vs the battle you're thinking of entering and it sounds like possibly a tedious one if not a lost one. There are thousands of promises God has given us, surely you can find some to stand on and trust God to perform as He says He will.
Please take care and get some Christian counselling and I pray the Lord bless, keep and guide you through🙏

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Dear CC members,

Hello.

My name is Stephen. I am from Miami, Florida.

I'm reaching out to you, first, as a Pentecostal christian that needs sound advice. Secondly, as a father of two children who, in May 2001, were parentally kidnapped, held hostage for demands, brainwashed, which resulted in their development of Stockholm Syndrome.

We've been going through this tragedy since May 21, 2001. Yet, regardless of the fact that I've done everything I possibly could, in order to get proper legal intervention, all of the complaints, grievances and petitions that I filed with the proper law enforcement authorities, or their supervisory chains of command, or with their entities chief public servant official, were to no avail.

I've lost my children. I've lost my hope in and for my life. And, somewhere along this journey, I lost my way.

I'm at this fork in the road where I either get my human rights honored to seek asylum and present this case to the International Court of Justice under the exhaustion of all domestic judicial remedies clause, or I take the law into my own hands to administer proper justice for the defendant's.

The attached file is the beginnings of a book I started years ago. So before you read it please be aware that it contains some adult language that is very unchristian and not suitable for anyone under 18. I apologize in advance, but that is the only way I can vent my frustration, stress, and anger.

After reading it if you could kindly offer me some advice and or share your opinions on which path I should take, I would be grateful to have another persons prospective.

Thanks.

Stephen Daniel Leonard
2255 NE 136 Terrace
North Miami Beach, Florida 33181
(305) 337-9810
[email protected]
[email protected]

Bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness hurt you far more than the people you are mad at. Whatever injustice has been done, you have no right to pursue your own revenge. That's God's business because He knows what you do not. What right do I have to say this? My ex wife took my children to an unknown address, contrary to a court order. In those days, and maybe still, such orders were unenforceable. At the same time, I was required to pay child support, even though I had no say in who the money was spent. Most of the Christians I knew turned against me.

By what has to be a miracle, i found my ex and children 15 years later. There was no hate or hostility in my heart towards my ex. She tried to poison my son's heart against me, but she failed. My daughter has cut me off. That's her choice. I am well aware that she is suffering a great deal, married to a loser and living in near poverty. My son is doing just fine.

I have never been more blessed in my life. We are about to sell up and move to a retirement home. I have no doubt that I would be still in misery and depression if I'd held onto my unforgiveness. By the grace of God, I am entirely free. There are many who have been treated much worse than I have. But the principle remains. No doubt you know the parable of the unjust servant. No sin against us personally can compare to the offences that mount up before our holy Heavenly Father.

Is what you are pursuing worth the price? No. I read a book by a holocaust survivor, a psychologist who suffered terribly in a concentration camp. He learned the value of forgiveness towards his oppressors. He says that those who did not forgive never recovered from the ordeal. He went on to have a productive and contented life.

Feb 29, 2024
Hi Stephen, welcome to the CC fellowship and Forums!!! It's late here and I don't have time to review your material now or this weekend. Taking a giant leap, I'm gonna say I don't think retaliation to the point you're talking about is really worth it. Idk the details but have you prayed about this and not budge til you feel a direction from the Holy Spirit? Faith can move mountains vs the battle you're thinking of entering and it sounds like possibly a tedious one if not a lost one. There are thousands of promises God has given us, surely you can find some to stand on and trust God to perform as He says He will.
Please take care and get some Christian counselling and I pray the Lord bless, keep and guide you through🙏
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and giving me advice.

In response,
yes. I prayed. Almost everyday.
No. I didn't feel the spiritual guidance leading me to stop fighting for justice.
Yes. I did seek counseling and was told that there are times abd trials in life that we must face. They're not easy but we have to struggle to overcome the wrongs no matter what it takes.

Thx.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
R (7) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
Friendly.png
"I can only hope that God's wisdom is an influence in your decisions."

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Aren't the children adults at this point? Capable of deciding for themselves?

The issue with situations like this is only hearing one side of things. It's possible that you're a genuine victim of someone who is unstable, at best. It's also possible you were the reason they left to begin with.
We have no way of knowing. And now entertaining the notion of premeditated violence or worse, doesn't bode well for you, or your children. If you're convinced they've been brainwashed against you, well, if you follow through with your act of vengeance you're effectively self fulfilling prophecy, so to speak. Confirming to them any negative views they hold and eliminating any chance of reconciliation with them in the future.

Romans 12:18-21

17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sorry about your horrible ordeal you went through and are still feeling the effects. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I've lost my children. I've lost my hope in and for my life.
Precious friend, been there, done that [ two children, one died, the other estranged ]. I will pray for you.

God Encourages [ 37 years later, second wife and sweetest blind/mentally
slow 'angel' of a daughter in the world! ] and, God Comforts with:

God's Grace Word for our infirmities!

Amen.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Welcome!

Happy New Year 2024
:)