New Pastor's first Sunday...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nancyer

This coming Sunday, July 7, will be our church's first Sunday with the new Pastor. Pastor Marc and his wife Emily. Previously we had a single male pastor whom this church loved very, very deeply and who will be seriously missed. I can't emphasize this enough. He was with us for 17 years but was reassigned to a church about 2 hours away.

I am praying this new pastor and our congregation can embrace one another and keep up the good work that God has been doing here as well as new work this Pastor will bring out way. We have agreed that on Sunday morning we will give a standing ovation when he starts the service and the Lay Leaders will present flowers to his wife. Most of the congregation have not met him yet, only our council has and they seem to like him so far, so that's encouraging.

But we have an older congregation and a lot of them are very set in their ways and even minor changes the previous pastor worked to achieve caused bits of strife here and there. We are a very active church and I love these people dearly.

Also, Father, please bless Pastor Bob's new ministry and keep him safe and healthy and able to do all You intend for him to do in his new home. I pray his new congregation welcomes him and comes to love him as we do, that they realize what a wonderful, caring, hard working and genuine man he is. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Certainly sounds interesting. Let us know how it turns out.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for all of you this Sunday...that the Holy Spirit unites the congregation in peace and love and gives all an excitement about the future.

N

Nancyer

Thank you both for the good thoughts. My daughter and I made a banner today we'll hang in the Narthex on Sunday morning, welcoming Pastor Marc. I'll let you know how Sunday goes.

God bless,

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Our church had a new pastor start about 2 years ago. Unfortunately some of the members weren't as welcoming to him as your church sounds. I'm glad you're opening your hearts to him and his wife I'm sure he will appreciate it.

N

Nancyer

Ok, today was the first Sunday with the new pastor. Thoroughly enjoyed the service. Some people came who know him already, we had quite a full house which was nice. He served communion. I liked his service on There's Plenty To Harvest. Notice he didn't say Of Harvest. We need TO harvest, and that means there's things to do. I liked him and from what I heard throughout the congregation afterwards, so did others. He was funny but made excellent points. I have very positive feelings about him and his wife and the future of our church.

Thank you, God. Your good plan has only just begun, I believe.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Pastors are under such intense pressure to perform! I really admire a Christian leader who can lead in a godly way and still maintain a good perspective on things....he must be very close to God to withstand all the humanness he'll come into contact with.

There is a pastor in the news lately who is on you-tube with a sermon in which he insults his congregation (even pointing out individuals and their failures) ...he spoke harshly and said it was for their own good. I question the love and humility of such a leader. I really can't see how any good will come out of it. Maybe going to individuals PRIVATELY with his complaints MIGHT have sown some good seed, but public humiliation I don't think is Christlike.

Last edited:

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
A warm reception for a warming pastor. I hope it does not cool down over time. Stay hot for Jesus.

We outsiders can sense the heat. :)