new to site want to know more about God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tadarknuckles

I've grown up in a very Christian environment since I was small, and I know most of the bible and "how Christianity works," however through the years of having religion shoved down my throat I've torn my self from god purposely. Now that I'm older I want to know more about god, etc. But there are doubts, theorys that disprove or question the bible, unanswered questions, and things I've experienced that make me question religion. I'd like to hear more peoples knowledge about the bible from more than the people ive grown up with point of view. I don't mean to offend anyone, I would just like to know, I am ignorant in some aspects of the bible.

U

Ugly

hi tardar
Welcome to CC. I hope you can find the answers you're seeking.
Questions are welcome, just be sure to watch the balance of questioning for answers vs just being argumentative. A lot of people come here saying they're here to learn and then spend more trying to teach and 'correct' us.

I'm glad you're coming back around and not letting a bad upbringing keep you away from learning about God. One thing i might suggest when seeking answers is to bear in mind many people against God/bible/religion have an agenda to prove these things wrong at any cost. So the information you've heard may not always be accurate, but rather worded in a way to be convincing.

Anyways, enjoy the site.

B

bluebirdchaser

You're welcome here! I hope we can help you any way we can. :)

T

tadarknuckles

I dont indend to offend anyone here, if I do please feel free to call me out on it od like to be aware of the things I say that come across wrong. Some questions I've had, are: if god loves all his creation, why would he send someone to hell for being gay?
How did hod come into existence?
Why would someone who's done good all their live, and not have accepted god when before they die be sent to hell, but someone who's sinned their whole life and accepted god on their death bed be admitted into heaven?
Why do you have to accept god/jesus as your lord and savior to be able to get into heaven?
If anyone knows the answer to this, please explain it to me, I would not like to be told "you don't have faith so it won't make sense, don't question God, you just have to have faith" again. I would like to know the exact answer the reason behind the 'madness"

Mar 29, 2013
Welcome to the site. I pray to God He will show the answers to you. Feel free to PM me. I hope I can help :)

U

Ugly

I dont indend to offend anyone here, if I do please feel free to call me out on it od like to be aware of the things I say that come across wrong. Some questions I've had, are:
if god loves all his creation, why would he send someone to hell for being gay? All sin, whether it's homosexuality, heterosexual fornication, lust, murder, jealousy or any other is worthy of hell. We all have tendencies to various sins, doesn't mean we have to indulge ourselves in it.

How did hod come into existence? God exists outside of time as humans understand it. God Himself created the concept of time we live in. But to answer this in our understanding God always was and always will be. He is like a circle with no beginning and no end. But again, this is related in the context of time that humans live under, but God lives outside of.

Why would someone who's done good all their live, and not have accepted god when before they die be sent to hell, but someone who's sinned their whole life and accepted god on their death bed be admitted into heaven? Because 'all have fallen short', we have ALL sinned and sin has a price. That price is hell. Even the best, most moral good hearted person has sinned. God says our good works are as 'filthy rags', meaning we can't earn our way into heaven. We can't buy our way in. But the person that recognizes this, acknowledges it and the need to be saved from it, regardless of their previous life, gets the grace of God in their life and salvation. That's what's actually so Great about Gods grace. He is the God of second, third, forth and more chances. But note, this is not a way to avoid hell and continue in sin, trying to have the best of both worlds. If that is a persons intent, God will recognize that the person has not come to a full revelation of their need to be saved. And if they are saved they will show the fruits of their salvation through a desire to grow and change.

Why do you have to accept god/jesus as your lord and savior to be able to get into heaven? Sin. Sin has corrupted us and the price for sin is blood or hell. So Jesus shed his blood, perfect blood, so that we no longer have to sacrifice animals as temporary salvations. But we can trust and walk in Jesus and as long as our hearts are set to willingly obey, and have a desire to live our lives as God states, then we can believe that we are indeed saved and that no more blood needs to be shed to cover our sins.

If anyone knows the answer to this, please explain it to me, I would not like to be told "you don't have faith so it won't make sense, don't question God, you just have to have faith" again. I would like to know the exact answer the reason behind the 'madness"
Hope that helped clear things up some.