No church... now what?

• Thread starter Jake_from_state_farm
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jake_from_state_farm

SO I have been to all the churches around my area and have no found a single one I like or feel comfortable in. I want to join a church...but I either don't fit in one or it's not my cup of tea. so what can I do? any suggestions? I mean I have really been considering looking up live streams from churches...so what? OH! and here is a song for just because! [video=youtube;KUd3HMiRLfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUd3HMiRLfQ[/video]

J

jkalyna

Yay, I know exactly how it is. *
The reason for this is that religion*doesn't*compromise*with relationship. In my life, I've found maybe 1 church that is in align with the Lord's word. I've found many churches where the loudest mouths were the women, and the biggest fighters with others. It's a*scenario*over and over told by many.
Everyone has their own rules, and the HOly Spirit*doesn't*live in rules, and this is why you probably don't feel any peace.
Just*because*a building says church on it, it's more like the red cross, or the veterans association get*together.
My last visit in a church, was over a month, and I've had nightmares every single night since then
46e59903a4163176061c54d6f7708802.jpg 46e59903a4163176061c54d6f7708802.jpg .

I've woken up in the middle of the night, rebuking this.

In my prayer requests, after service, someone really upset us, caused a scene, yelling, and calling us liars, and sticking her finger in my face, and lying she didn't say anything. I've never spoken to this person in 2 years, and any wonder the word of the Lord says, women should not be in leadership.
This is why there is no peace in the churches,*because*the Word is not obeyed. As we are his church, be the church, and ask the Lord where he wants you to go, cause, he leads us he is our sheperd, and you need the fellowship with a young adult group.
Those who offer this, give it a chance to mingle with other's.
God Bless you.*
:)

R

Roughsoul

Have you ever considering traveling to churches with good reviews and then seeing if you like their service eventually trying to move there?

J

Jake_from_state_farm

I am only 18...I am joining the military... I cant travail...

R

Raine

I know that feeling... Been going through this process for the past 1 1/2 year... The truth is that there is no perfect church as we are flawed human beings... So what I have decided to do now is attend the church I enjoy most in terms that I believe they do teach directly from the bible, even though they are not the most friendliest... And just try to offer myself and see how I can help them out. Sometimes instead of wondering how a church can bless us, we have to turn it around and see how we can bless others. Good luck in your search. :)

R

Roughsoul

Well you will def be traveling in the military and will have new churches near your base. Plus they will have a church on base, it will not be associated to really any one religion but will just preach straight from the bible. You may like that.

error

Oct 23, 2009
Keep looking. And - > what is that you are looking for in a church?

D

didymos

SO I have been to all the churches around my area and have no found a single one I like or feel comfortable in. I want to join a church...but I either don't fit in one or it's not my cup of tea. (...)
A church isn't a tailor-made suit, there's always going to be somethig you don't like about it. You just find one that suits you BEST.

Jul 29, 2014
I just started attending a new church... it took me a few different to feel comfortable... its a good church but it is also a lot different to my old church. All i care about is being able to worship god and allowing my daughter to be filled by his word as well giving her the correct tools for life as a child of the lord.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Ask Holy Spirit to lead you to where He wants you. I don't believe He would have you in a region where you have no one to congregate with others believers.
At the church we attend now, from the start I believe God wanted us there and for a while we didn't feel like we quite fit in, if we listened to those feelings we wouldn't be as amazingly blessed as we are now being there.

Last edited: