No condemnation now - so you can sin no more

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

phil112

.................................... your union with Christ is unbreakable. Sin cannot break it. Addiction cannot break it. The stupidest decisions you might ever make cannot break it...........................
This is heretical doctrine. So false I am astounded anyone that reads the bible could believe such tripe.
But then you may not read the bible, since most of your posts are copy and paste from another man and not the word. Think about that, 777. Don't you see that as a problem? You should. No man is more knowledgeable about the word than the word.

In case you haven't seen this before, I'll tell the story once again.
I got saved some years back. Around 1990-95. Got remarried, circa 2000, against God's advice I might add, and wife talked me into allowing wine into the house.
When I got saved, I had several very pointed, very direct, personal miracles done for me. I'd be happy to detail some if you would like. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that knew me that I was a saved man.
Then I started drinking more and more. To the point wife left. Then the drinking got bad. For several weeks, my only nourishment was from a quart bottle of whiskey. I went to the hospital to get checked at daughters request. I expected a scolding and being told to stop drinking. But the doc wouldn't let me leave. Said I was one day, at most two, from death. I was on an IV for 6 of the 7 days I was there.
Came home and immediately started drinking again. Lapsed into a coma. Woke up a week later in ICU and went from there to a nursing home, where I spent the next year.
Tell me, 777, are you so naive that you believe that had I died while in that coma I would have went to heaven? Are you going to tell me that a stinking drunk that wants nothing more than the next bottle, not the bible, is saved? Really?
It is insane to believe that, wouldn't you agree?
You are the only person that can break that bond with God, but it can be broken. Stop believing false doctrine. It will send people to hell.

Nov 22, 2015
Once we let personal thoughts and experiences be elevated over the plain word of God - we will get in trouble. If salvation is based on you...you are in deep trouble my friend.

John 20:31 (NASB)
[SUP]31 [/SUP] but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

1 John 5:13 (KJV)
[SUP]13 [/SUP] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

This is heretical doctrine. So false I am astounded anyone that reads the bible could believe such tripe.
But then you may not read the bible, since most of your posts are copy and paste from another man and not the word. Think about that, 777. Don't you see that as a problem? You should. No man is more knowledgeable about the word than the word.

I got saved some years back. Around 1990-95. Got remarried, circa 2000, against God's advice I might add, and wife talked me into allowing wine into the house.
When I got saved, I had several very pointed, very direct, personal miracles done for me. I'd be happy to detail some if you would like. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that knew me that I was a saved man.
Then I started drinking more and more. To the point wife left. Then the drinking got bad. For several weeks, my only nourishment was from a quart bottle of whiskey. I went to the hospital to get checked at daughters request. I expected a scolding and being told to stop drinking. But the doc wouldn't let me leave. Said I was one day, at most two, from death. I was on an IV for 6 of the 7 days I was there.
Came home and immediately started drinking again. Lapsed into a coma. Woke up a week later in ICU and went from there to a nursing home, where I spent the next year.
Tell me, 777, are you so naive that you believe that had I died while in that coma I would have went to heaven? Are you going to tell me that a stinking drunk that wants nothing more than the next bottle, not the bible, is saved? Really?
You are the only person that can break that bond with God, but it can be broken. Stop believing false doctrine. It will send people to hell.

F

FreeNChrist

But you didn't die. You are still alive. And you are still saved.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

If a believer walks after the flesh, there is temporal and eternal condemnation. Romans 8:1 is not talking about salvation, but rather our walk.

Believers can face condemnation in this lifetime and the next at he JSOC.

Romans 14:22, "Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth." This is not the eternal condemnation of the soul.

Romans 11:29-30, "For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep."

Notice the temporal condemnation of some of the believers: sickness, weakness, and even death.

Nov 22, 2015
There are 2 entirely different greek words for "condemn" and "condemnation"....which have different meanings...it would serve us well to study these out..

For example...."condemn" in Romans 14:22 has nothing in common with " condemnation" in Romans 8:1....2 different words meaning different things..

John 3:18 (KJV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:17 (KJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

F

FreeNChrist

Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

If a believer walks after the flesh, there is temporal and eternal condemnation. Romans 8:1 is not talking about salvation, but rather our walk.

Believers can face condemnation in this lifetime and the next at he JSOC.

Romans 14:22, "Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth." This is not the eternal condemnation of the soul.

Romans 11:29-30, "For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep."

Notice the temporal condemnation of some of the believers: sickness, weakness, and even death.
Christians are those who walk after the Spirit, we are the only ones who can.

And 1 Corinthians 11:29-31 is speaking specifically about those who were coming to the Lord's Supper, gorging themselves on food and drinking to the point of passing out.

DP

Banned
Sep 27, 2015
There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death, for what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

When we are in Christ we are made free from the law of sin and death, for Christ died for our sins, taking our guilt upon Himself and condemning sin in the flesh. There is therefore, and never will be again, NO CONDEMNATION. We are free once and for all from the law of sin and death.

The consequence is that we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. If we do not it (although sometimes falteringly) it is because we have never been His. When we are a new creation, all becomes new, for GOD SAVES. WE CANNOT step outside His love.
I don't know even one Christian that can compare their life to Christ's when He walked this earth and was without sin. Those who think they can do that, are deceived, for we all fall short of the glory of God.

Sep 4, 2012
.................................... your union with Christ is unbreakable. Sin cannot break it. Addiction cannot break it. The stupidest decisions you might ever make cannot break it...........................

It's a purely gnostic idea that's foundational to 'grace' teachings (hyper grace). The gnostics thought (think) that their spiritual nature saved a person, and conduct was totally irrelevant (as 'grace' believers also believe). Compare what Irenaeus said about the gnostics of his day.

2. Animal men, again, are instructed in animal things; such men, namely, as are established by their works, and by a mere faith, while they have not perfect knowledge. We of the Church, [the gnostics] say, are these persons. Wherefore also they maintain that good works are necessary to us, for that otherwise it is impossible we should be saved. But as to themselves, [the gnostics] hold that they shall be entirely and undoubtedly saved, not by means of conduct, but because they are spiritual by nature. For, just as it is impossible that material substance should partake of salvation (since, indeed, they maintain that it is incapable of receiving it), so again it is impossible that spiritual substance (by which they mean themselves) should ever come under the power of corruption, whatever the sort of actions in which they indulged. For even as gold, when submersed in filth, loses not on that account its beauty, but retains its own native qualities, the filth having no power to injure the gold, so they affirm that they cannot in any measure suffer hurt, or lose their spiritual substance, whatever the material actions [i.e., conduct] in which they may be involved.

4. And committing many other abominations and impieties, [the gnostics] run us [of the Church] down (who from the fear of God guard against sinning even in thought or word) as utterly contemptible and ignorant persons, while they highly exalt themselves, and claim to be perfect, and the elect seed. For they declare that we simply receive grace for use [in sanctification], wherefore also it will again be taken away from us; but that they themselves have grace as their own special possession, which has descended from above by means of an unspeakable and indescribable conjunction; and on this account more will be given them. ... On this account, they tell us that it is necessary for us [of the Church] whom they call animal men, and describe as being of the world, to practise continence and good works, that by this means we may attain at length to the intermediate habitation [of heaven], but that to [the gnostics] who are called "the spiritual and perfect" such a course of conduct is not at all necessary. For it is not conduct of any kind which leads into the Pleroma [heaven], but [it is] the seed sent forth thence [from heaven] in a feeble, immature state, and here [on earth] brought to perfection.

E

eternally-gratefull

There is no condemnation to anyone in christ. Because he paid the debt of all sin. We are "in Christ" vs being "In Adam"

We do not sin because we seek after the spirit.. Not because of any law. A law causes sin to increase. Because if we are focused on the law. We are focused on sins, and when we are focused on those things, our week flesh will fall to temptation. This causes sin to increase not decrease. Sin decreases when we take our mind of the law. and set it on Christ.

F

FreeNChrist

It's a purely gnostic idea that's foundational to 'grace' teachings (hyper grace). The gnostics thought (think) that their spiritual nature saved a person, and conduct was totally irrelevant (as 'grace' believers also believe). Compare what Irenaeus said about the gnostics of his day.

Blah, blah, blah..........

Nov 22, 2015
Here are some thoughts by a fellow believer on Romans 8:1 and "no condemnation" to those in Christ.

Nine Greek words are used in the New Testament that were translated “now.” Some of these words simply provide a transition between thoughts. However, the Greek word translated “now” in this verse is “NUN,” and it is “a primary particle of present time; ‘now’” (Strong’s Concordance), “the immediate present” (Vine’s Expository Dictionary). Thus, Paul’s use of this word makes it very clear that living with no condemnation is a present-tense experience of the believer, not something reserved for the future.

The Greek word that was translated “no” in this verse is “OUDEIS.” This is an emphatic term meaning not even one...i.e. none” (Strong’s Concordance). Wuest translated this as “There is not even one bit of condemnation” (“The New Testament: An Expanded Translation” by Kenneth S. Wuest).

The Greek word translated “condemnation” here is “KATAKRIMA,” and it means “an adverse sentence (the verdict)” (Strong’s Concordance). Paul was stating that God has no adverse sentence against us once we accept Him. All our punishment has been placed on Jesus, and we don’t bear it.

God placed the judgment that the Law prescribed against us upon His Son. Therefore, those of us who accept Jesus as our Savior will not be condemned, because Jesus was condemned for us (
Romans 8:3).

Andrew Wommack's Living Commentary.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Yes, but Christians can also walk "after" the flesh, not in the flesh. Paul commands to believer to walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

Christians are those who walk after the Spirit, we are the only ones who can.

And 1 Corinthians 11:29-31 is speaking specifically about those who were coming to the Lord's Supper, gorging themselves on food and drinking to the point of passing out.

F

FreeNChrist

Yes, but Christians can also walk "after" the flesh, not in the flesh. Paul commands to believer to walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.
It is only those in the flesh who suffer condemnation. And those in the flesh are not Christians.

F

FreeNChrist

Romans 8:9

"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."

Feb 24, 2015
Gods love. Language is a summary of meaning so I have to be careful. God is love. That love does not change no matter what else happens. Can people access this love if they do not repent and stay in rebellion? Because of grace and mercy sinners and the righteous both are blessed. But the unrepentant cannot have communion with God.

So gaining communion with the Lord is conditional on repentance and faith.

And if in your life you do not gain communion with the Lord, you will be destroyed, so in summary you have not meaningfully accessed Gods love.

As christians we all believe this. Or maybe you think you can receive salvation without faith and repentance.

This is what I mean by saying Gods love is conditional. If you do not have sin forgiven you cannot see God face to face.

Now communion is dependent on a two way choice. If you cannot choose to walk away from God, it is not free will.

If we are transformed by obedience and walking, if you are saved but do not walk you are not transformed. Jesus is very definate about abiding in Christ, obeying the commandments. It is by this we are changed. We are not earning it we are walking in it, and by it becoming a changed child in Christ. If we are not transformed can we claim to know Jesus?

E

eternally-gratefull

Romans 8:9

"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."
you mean there are people in our churches who are not saved?? Say it is not so!! thats not what these legalists claim..

F

FreeNChrist

Gods love. Language is a summary of meaning so I have to be careful. God is love. That love does not change no matter what else happens. Can people access this love if they do not repent and stay in rebellion? Because of grace and mercy sinners and the righteous both are blessed. But the unrepentant cannot have communion with God.

So gaining communion with the Lord is conditional on repentance and faith.

And if in your life you do not gain communion with the Lord, you will be destroyed, so in summary you have not meaningfully accessed Gods love.

As christians we all believe this. Or maybe you think you can receive salvation without faith and repentance.

This is what I mean by saying Gods love is conditional. If you do not have sin forgiven you cannot see God face to face.

Now communion is dependent on a two way choice. If you cannot choose to walk away from God, it is not free will.

If we are transformed by obedience and walking, if you are saved but do not walk you are not transformed. Jesus is very definate about abiding in Christ, obeying the commandments. It is by this we are changed. We are not earning it we are walking in it, and by it becoming a changed child in Christ. If we are not transformed can we claim to know Jesus?
Oh, so when you said Gods love is conditional, what you really meant was communion with God is conditional. Got it. :rolleyes:

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Believers can face condemnation in this lifetime and the next at the JSOC. Romans 8:1 is not talking about eternal condemnation of the soul.

It is only those in the flesh who suffer condemnation. And those in the flesh are not Christians.

F

FreeNChrist

Believers can face condemnation in this lifetime and the next at the JSOC. Romans 8:1 is not talking about eternal condemnation of the soul.

Already explained. You missed it. And it's not Romans 11, it's 1 Corinthians 11.