No Matter the Cost?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Strong1

Hey C.C. !
It's been a while, hope all are staying Blessed!.........

I want to throw out a question tonight, and I would appreciate your thoughts.

As we as christians gain insight into the Word of God, the expectation is for us, if we have not been correct in our way of thinking, to be immediately "transformed" as the Holy Spirit so teaches us. Right?

I mean, "to him who knows to do good, and does it not, to HIM it is a sin" (James 4: 17)

Now, I guess the answer is truly definitive, but I want to know from you..........As married people, If one partner came to the knowledge that something they were participating in, (As a couple) was wrong in the site of God, but the other was not accepting of this truth, (Maybe not as mature spiritually) And it was a real struggle for the one person to "Let go" of "That Thing" to the point were it could really hurt the marriage union........Should the partner that wants to follow God's will for their marriage abandon the other partner in that "Thing" and just wait for god to bring the same truth to the other person, or continue "sinning" for the health of the relationship.

(Im trying to be clear but vague all at the same time :eek:)

How does a couple make it through something like this,......practically. (I know prayer is always key)
Is this truly the epitome, of loving God more than your family.........even if your relationship is at stake?

G

gardin

i think it's more important to obey God, and if you're doing something that you know God doesn't want you to be do doing than you need to stop. You cant sin against the Holy God just to keep your spouse happy.

Acts 5:29
29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!

If this is really ruining your marriage I recommend praying and fasting
Good luck :)

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Hey C.C. !
It's been a while, hope all are staying Blessed!.........
Hey! Welcome back, it's good to see you again.

That's all I have to add, sorry.

B

blessedmommy34

Well, I too believe that we have to obey and honor God above all things, even partners. If the "thing" you and your husband are doing is causing spiritual grief because you know it is wrong, than you should stop doing that "thing" for your own benefit...salvation is individual, and if your partner still wants to partake in it than just pray for him and seek the Lord...for yourself and him. the bible teaches that that believing wife can sanctify the non believer with her example and Christ like behavior. Do not do something that makes you sin against your God just to make your husband happy...you will never be happy if you live your life like that. YOu make the tough choice to stop and if your partner sees that you take your relationship with God so seriously it can either bring him closer or push him away. if it brings him closer great, and if it pushes him away, than you have to let him go (1st Corinthians 7 speaks on this). We have to please God first, not man. Hope this helps...I dont know much, but I know that we give up who we are to make someone else happy.

B

blessedmommy34

Wanted to share this verse and hope it helps:

Galatians 1:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

R

Risen

Hi strongone,
With God I believe sin is sin. There is no greater sin nor lesser ones, the bottom line is the wages of sin in death. God is Holy and His will for our lives is that we live a holy life. If your wife or your husband is deliberately living and enjoying sin, as a child of God we do not condone it even if at the end you lost your relationship with men to uphold God's expectation for us to live a holy life. For what's is the worth of gaining the whole world and lost your soul. What is the point of holding on to sin when you know that it has nothing to offer but death and eternity without God.

S

Strong1

Thank you All!

I believe your insight is truth. And I agree 100%