No Moderator Review for Posts from Well-Known Members Who Have at Least 10 Approved Threads

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
CharliRenee used to be able to approve new threads, I think? Or was it just approve new members?
No, I think she could approve threads. At any rate, she is not here very often any more...
.:cry:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Pre approved posting is only for new users. After, I believe, two weeks, it's dropped.
The swiftness of reactions depends on the mod. Mods are unpaid volunteers that use their personal time to come on when they're able. So it's not always a swift reaction.
Also, near as I can tell there's only one mod ever active in the forums.
No - any new user after a certain date in the past has to wait...
It looks like y'all are talking about two different things...

Sub seems to be talking about someone posting in an already existing thread. Gary seems to be talking about someone starting a new thread.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
How long is the wait...I would think a mod would be checking daily but then again maybe give them some slack to have a day off every now and again. How many mods are there?

Ive not noticed too many delays but then I dont post new threads ALL the time. I think this forum has quite a good system and the mods arent too heavy handed and controlling like other christian forums Ive been on.

It can be frustrating to wait but I guess it teaches patience!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
How long is the wait...I would think a mod would be checking daily but then again maybe give them some slack to have a day off every now and again. How many mods are there?

Ive not noticed too many delays but then I dont post new threads ALL the time. I think this forum has quite a good system and the mods arent too heavy handed and controlling like other christian forums Ive been on.

Mods have no schedule. They are unpaid and use their own personal free time to log in. So the time to wait depends on when a mod feels like/has time to log on.
It seems the only mod that ever works the forums is OnceFallen. I can't recall the last time I've noticed any other mod here. The only other mods I hear of are in the chat room.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

Most days I log in first thing in the morning and then again after I get home from work (You are 20 hours ahead of me).