No other doctrine Bible study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The Bible says if anyone speaks as if the oracles of God and he who speaks from himself is trying to gain glory from himself. Paul also says what you received from us was not the words of men but as it is in truth the Word of God which effectively works in you who believe. And it mentioned how Paul "taught and preached the Word of God" Paul mentions "this is what we speak not in words which man wisdoms teaches but which the holy Spirit teaches comparing spiritual things with spiritual. For Jesus Christ says my Words are spirit and they are life.

Paul says teach no other doctrine. And Jesus says you shall not be called teacher, for you have one teacher the Christ. And in revelation he is called the Word of God.

In Proverbs "for the Lord gives wisdom from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. Lastly "Do not add to his words lest you be found a liar". The Bible also says The entirety of your word is truth and the scriptures cannot be broken.

If anyone believes these scriptures, I would wish to read the Word of God with you. I don't know if it is allowed on these forums to share phone numbers in order to read the Bible over the phone but I would be interested in doing so.

1 Tim 1-2 - Paul left Timothy at the church in Ephesus to charge some in the church that they should teach no other doctrine (1 Tim 1:3)

Paul further instructed Timothy to pray for all men that are in authority over the laws of the city of Ephesus, that the church may lead a quite and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty, for this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who will have all men in the church, that are teaching another doctrine, to be saved=delivered, by coming unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim 2:1-4)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Paul also says what you received from us was not the words of men but as it is in truth the Word of God which effectively works in you who believe.
Amen.

I do not understand those who say and think that Paul was writing an advice column, or some such (i.e. his own ideas, etc). lol

And it mentioned how Paul "taught and preached the Word of God"
Yes.

(ditto what I said above)

Paul mentions "this is what we speak not in words which man wisdoms teaches but which the holy Spirit teaches comparing spiritual things with spiritual. For Jesus Christ says my Words are spirit and they are life.
Right.

Paul says teach no other doctrine.
Yes.

Here is a [related] study I find rather marvelous (when one really ponders it), given the above facts:

[Jesus said... re: "watch"... pertaining to the "day/hour" or "time" of His coming (His Second Coming to the earth, per contexts)]

1)--Matthew 24:42 - "Watch therefore"

2)--Matthew 25:13 - "Watch therefore"

3)--Mark 13:33 - "Take ye heed, watch and pray"

4)--Mark 13:35 - "Watch ye therefore"

5)--Mark 13:37 - "Watch"

6)--Luke 12:38-39 - "[if (he) had known what hour...] he would have watched, [and not suffered his house to be broken through]"

[the expectation, here, is that (when that time was approaching) he should "know" what hour but did not, therefore his house was "broken through"--note also in its context, the wording in vv.37-38 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding" (i.e. as an ALREADY-WED Bridegroom, here... not TO BE WED, in this context)]

7)--Luke 21:36 - "Watch ye therefore"

... whereas...

[Paul said... re: "watch" pertaining to His coming (His coming for us to catch us up/away / snatch [G726], i.e. "our rapture [in the air]")]

--1 Thessalonians 5:10 - "[Who died for us, that,] WHETHER WE MAY WATCH [same Grk word as in v.6]
or
WHETHER WE MAY SLEEP [same Grk word and meaning as used in v.6, same context (NOT the other Grk word for 'sleep' and its meaning used in previous chpt!)],
we should live together with [G4862 - 'UNIONed-with'] Him"

[note: a distinct "with" word from that of the "G3326 - with ['accompanying' (Him)]" word used of others elsewhere--such as Matt25:10 re: the wedding FEAST / SUPPER (i.e. earthly MK-age) and those "FIVE [wise] virginS" who will ENTER the MK age in their mortal bodies...and whom He is NOT "MARRYING" ;) ]

[some nutters out there suggest these "contradict"... I DO NOT SAY THESE CONTRADICT one another... ;) We are called to be "correctly apportioning the word of truth" 2Tim2:15]

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024
Amen.

I do not understand those who say and think that Paul was writing an advice column, or some such (i.e. his own ideas, etc). lol

Yes.

Right.

Yes.

Here is a [related] study I find rather marvelous (when one really ponders it), given the above facts:

[Jesus said... re: "watch"... pertaining to the "day/hour" or "time" of His coming (His Second Coming to the earth, per contexts)]

6)--Luke 12:38-39 - "[if (he) had known what hour...] he would have watched, [and not suffered his house to be broken through]"

[the expectation, here, is that (when that time was approaching) he should "know" what hour but did not, therefore his house was "broken through"--note also in its context, the wording in vv.37-38 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding" (i.e. as an ALREADY-WED Bridegroom, here... not TO BE WED, in this context)]

... whereas...

[Paul said... re: "watch" pertaining to His coming (His coming for us to catch us up/away / snatch [G726], i.e. "our rapture [in the air]")]

--1 Thessalonians 5:10 - "[Who died for us, that,] WHETHER WE MAY WATCH [same Grk word as in v.6]
or
WHETHER WE MAY SLEEP [same Grk word and meaning as used in v.6, same context (NOT the other Grk word for 'sleep' and its meaning used in previous chpt!)],

[note: a distinct "with" word from that of the "G3326 - with ['accompanying' (Him)]" word used of others elsewhere--such as Matt25:10 re: the wedding FEAST / SUPPER (i.e. earthly MK-age) and those "FIVE [wise] virginS" who will ENTER the MK age in their mortal bodies...and whom He is NOT "MARRYING" ;) ]

[some nutters out there suggest these "contradict"... I DO NOT SAY THESE CONTRADICT one another... ;) We are called to be "correctly apportioning the word of truth" 2Tim2:15]
It seems that God has given you a knowledge of the truth blessed be the Lord. May God continue to grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him and for all the brethren who read this message.

Just remember these scriptures

Knowledge puffs up but love builds up.

Let no one seek his own but each one the others well being

Paul says so to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 2nd Corinthians 12:7

With lowliness of mind for we also were once foolish disobedient decide Ed serving various lust and pleasures living in malice and envy hateful and hating one another Titus 3:3

And thought I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge and though I have faith to move mountains but have not love I am nothing. 1st Corinthians 12:17

May God have mercy on us all that our heart not be haughty or our eyes lofty but that we serve on another in love.

My number is 941-732-3080 for anyone who wished to send a text.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul from Deuteronomy 11:18 blessed is the man that hears me watching daily at my gates proverbs 8:34-35

And let us stir one another up to love and good works Hebrews 10:24-25
Let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD
Hosea 6:3

If anyone wishes to "pursue the knowledge of the Lord with me" in reading the word of God and "dedicating ourselves entirely to it" as Paul charged Timothy. 1st Timothy 2:15

Whether anyone wishes to text me and we read together or if you read alone may the Lord cause us to be diligently in this. And as our Lord said blessed are those who hear the word of God and do it and also he said my mother and brother and sisters are those who hear the Word of God and do it.
The things Moses said

“Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the things Jesus came later and said

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We need to look at the Lord and what he actually said himself when he came i to the world , we dont belong to God through Moses or the angel over Moses or the animal blood Moses shed according to his words to the children of Israel

“And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

And Moses took the blood, ( animal blood ) and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:7-8‬ ‭

This covenant is between The people of the twelve tribes of Israel that make up the nation of Israel . Moses was tbier deliverer sent by God to deliver them from slavery in Egypt , and lead the. Towards the land promised to Abram the Hebrew for his descendants.

As Christian’s We want the words of Jesus the Christ which Jesus actually spoke when he came into the world. they offer better promises like resurrection from death and eternal life , like inheritance in the eternal kingdom of God with him face to face .

And we want the blood of Jesus that remits our sins and atones for all we’ve done wrong the words God spoke and then shed his blood for and sent to and offered to all creatures of the world

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.

… So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16, 19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a covenant is always the words God spoke and appointed to the people he appoints it to and those that accept it as well .

it’s not one sided a covenant is an agreement in this case the agreement is “I believe the gospel Jesus sent into the world and that he shed his blood for my sins and rose up again from death for my justification now he’s my lord who saved me “

in the other case it is “ we agree to obey every commandment and ordinance Moses gave to us the children of Israel in the desert of sin for the land tbey would inherit and eventually make desolate with thier idolatry .

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The law and the prophets were until John: ( old covenant made with israel exclusively labeling all foreign nations gentiles and unclean )

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, ( new covenant made with israel but rejected by them and then sent to all the rough a remnant that believed ) and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s not about Moses words any more it’s all about what Jesus came preaching and promising and teaching now we can’t know God through Moses but through Christ we do know him

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Salvation is what Jesus came offering Moses couldn’t save us

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
[QUOTE="ForestGreenCook, post: 5278558, member: 272369"]...who will have all men in the church, that are teaching another doctrine, to be saved=delivered, by coming unto the knowledge of the truth[/QUOTE]This is your own invention and fantasy. Here is the actual passage (1 Tim2:3,4): For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1. Does that verse say "all men in the church" or simply "all men"?

2. Does "all men" mean all human beings, all people, all mankind?

3. How can men who are not even saved be within a church, and also teaching the church false doctrines?

God wants all mankind to be saved, and after that to come unto the knowledge of the truth. This corresponds to John 3:17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. There are many other verses which also correspond to these.

But the false gospel of Calvinism claims -- without any support -- that God only elects some men (people) to be saved, and allows the rest to be damned. That is total nonsense.

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024
The things Moses said

“Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the things Jesus came later and said

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We need to look at the Lord and what he actually said himself when he came i to the world , we dont belong to God through Moses or the angel over Moses or the animal blood Moses shed according to his words to the children of Israel

“And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

And Moses took the blood, ( animal blood ) and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:7-8‬ ‭

This covenant is between The people of the twelve tribes of Israel that make up the nation of Israel . Moses was tbier deliverer sent by God to deliver them from slavery in Egypt , and lead the. Towards the land promised to Abram the Hebrew for his descendants.

As Christian’s We want the words of Jesus the Christ which Jesus actually spoke when he came into the world. they offer better promises like resurrection from death and eternal life , like inheritance in the eternal kingdom of God with him face to face .

And we want the blood of Jesus that remits our sins and atones for all we’ve done wrong the words God spoke and then shed his blood for and sent to and offered to all creatures of the world

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.

… So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16, 19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

a covenant is always the words God spoke and appointed to the people he appoints it to and those that accept it as well .

it’s not one sided a covenant is an agreement in this case the agreement is “I believe the gospel Jesus sent into the world and that he shed his blood for my sins and rose up again from death for my justification now he’s my lord who saved me “

in the other case it is “ we agree to obey every commandment and ordinance Moses gave to us the children of Israel in the desert of sin for the land tbey would inherit and eventually make desolate with thier idolatry .

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The law and the prophets were until John: ( old covenant made with israel exclusively labeling all foreign nations gentiles and unclean )

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, ( new covenant made with israel but rejected by them and then sent to all the rough a remnant that believed ) and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s not about Moses words any more it’s all about what Jesus came preaching and promising and teaching now we can’t know God through Moses but through Christ we do know him

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Salvation is what Jesus came offering Moses couldn’t save us
We are not under the law but under grace. And by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. For the just shall live by faith and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

however every scribe instructed in the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasures things new and old. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil and

The mystery of God namely Christ in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Let the word of Christ well richly in you in all wisdom and knowledge

And his name in revelations is called the word of God.

For instance in the law of Moses it says. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God Jesus Christ also says my words are spirit and they are life.

Paul tells Timothy to dedicate himself to reading and the doctrine and to give himself entirely to it it will save both yourself and those who hear you.

And in the law of Moses it says concerning kings it says they shall make a copy of this book of the law that they may learn fear the lord their God and it also mentions so that their heart may not be lifted up above their brethren and that they may not turn to the right hand or left concerning the commandments of God.

And in Proverbs it says concerning wisdom blessed is the man who listens to me waiting daily at my gates.

And Paul says keeping the commandments of God is what matters

In revelation it says blessed is he who hears and reads the words of the prophecy of this book. And Jesus says blessed are those who hear the Word of God and do it. And it says in revelation they did not receive a love of the truth that they may be saved.

Jesus Christ also says if anyone serves me him my father will honor and where I am there my servant will also..

Samuel tells the Israelites only fear the lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart.

Jesus Christ says do not fear those who can destroy the body but cannot kill the soul but fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

In Proverbs it says God gives grace to the humble but resist the proud as James says the same

As Paul said in the law of Moses you shall not muzzle an ox as it treads the grain and mentions the commandments of the Lord that a worker is worthy of his wages.

Those of the circumcision said they must be circumcised and keep the law of Moses and the apostles had written that they observe no such thing but that they abstain from sexual immorality things strangled and things offered to idols and from blood.

Finally

all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine for correction for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every Good work

Lastly Paul says rightly dividing the word of truth.

Please pardon me for not being able to reference for this reply I assure you everything written is from the scriptures and if not then please rebuke me publicly in a reply.

The Bible says do all things without complaining and disputing and s servant of the Lord must not quarrel. And correcting in humility.

The verse you had mentioned in the reading of the old testament of how their minds were blinded is true and it also says how "they did not seek it by faith but by the works of the law. And by the works of the law no flesh is justified. Although I write the same things to you it is safe. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. And Jesus says he is the living bread.

Since the Bible says stop striving before a quarrel starts for this reason I will not reply again. And the Bible also says to avoid foolish and ignorant disputes over the law.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We are not under the law but under grace. And by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. For the just shall live by faith and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

however every scribe instructed in the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasures things new and old. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil and

The mystery of God namely Christ in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Let the word of Christ well richly in you in all wisdom and knowledge

And his name in revelations is called the word of God.

For instance in the law of Moses it says. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God Jesus Christ also says my words are spirit and they are life.

Paul tells Timothy to dedicate himself to reading and the doctrine and to give himself entirely to it it will save both yourself and those who hear you.

And in the law of Moses it says concerning kings it says they shall make a copy of this book of the law that they may learn fear the lord their God and it also mentions so that their heart may not be lifted up above their brethren and that they may not turn to the right hand or left concerning the commandments of God.

And in Proverbs it says concerning wisdom blessed is the man who listens to me waiting daily at my gates.

And Paul says keeping the commandments of God is what matters

In revelation it says blessed is he who hears and reads the words of the prophecy of this book. And Jesus says blessed are those who hear the Word of God and do it. And it says in revelation they did not receive a love of the truth that they may be saved.

Jesus Christ also says if anyone serves me him my father will honor and where I am there my servant will also..

Samuel tells the Israelites only fear the lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart.

Jesus Christ says do not fear those who can destroy the body but cannot kill the soul but fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

In Proverbs it says God gives grace to the humble but resist the proud as James says the same

As Paul said in the law of Moses you shall not muzzle an ox as it treads the grain and mentions the commandments of the Lord that a worker is worthy of his wages.

Those of the circumcision said they must be circumcised and keep the law of Moses and the apostles had written that they observe no such thing but that they abstain from sexual immorality things strangled and things offered to idols and from blood.

Finally

all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine for correction for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every Good work

Lastly Paul says rightly dividing the word of truth.

Please pardon me for not being able to reference for this reply I assure you everything written is from the scriptures and if not then please rebuke me publicly in a reply.

The Bible says do all things without complaining and disputing and s servant of the Lord must not quarrel. And correcting in humility.

The verse you had mentioned in the reading of the old testament of how their minds were blinded is true and it also says how "they did not seek it by faith but by the works of the law. And by the works of the law no flesh is justified. Although I write the same things to you it is safe. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. And Jesus says he is the living bread.

Since the Bible says stop striving before a quarrel starts for this reason I will not reply again. And the Bible also says to avoid foolish and ignorant disputes over the law.
sure I’m glad you won’t I won’t either I have no idea it seems you’ve quoted a bunch of random scriptures here ? But I’m failing to see what you’re saying you never really said anything just random quotes that don’t appear connected to anything we’ve discussed …..it does seem like something that’s better left alone lol take care however !!

Needevidence

Mar 15, 2023
Amen.

Yes.

Right.

Yes.

... whereas...

or

Some do say Paul taught his own teachings as some argue that his teachings are contrary to Jesus who said that he did not come to change a 'jot' Matt 5:18.

Just a few of many;

1 Corinthians 7:25 - 25 Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy.

Romans 2:16 - on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:” 2 Timothy 2:8

Romans 15:20 20 It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024
sure I’m glad you won’t I won’t either I have no idea it seems you’ve quoted a bunch of random scriptures here ? But I’m failing to see what you’re saying you never really said anything just random quotes that don’t appear connected to anything we’ve discussed …..it does seem like something that’s better left alone lol take care however !!
Also forgive me for not quoting the verses I had reached the 10000 word limit mercy triumphs over judgement I fully intend to quote all the verses in the same post so long as there is space to do so.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Also forgive me for not quoting the verses I had reached the 10000 word limit mercy triumphs over judgement I fully intend to quote all the verses in the same post so long as there is space to do so.
Yeah there’s nothing to forgive it’s all good

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024
Yeah there’s nothing to forgive it’s all good
Sorry if it seemed random since you had mentioned the law of Moses and quoted when I mentioned the command in deutorotomy to lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your Soul I just wanted to share a few scriptures in accordance with the command in deuterotomy.

(Every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings treasure out of his house things new and old. (Already referenced)

And the Bible says all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine for correction for instruction In righteousness)
(Already referenced)

Paul says in the law of Moses how you should not muzzle an ox while it treads the grain and he says is it oxen God is concerned about? Does he not write it all together for our sakes no doubt for our sakes it is written that he who plows should plow in hope and he who threseth in hope should be partaker of his hope. and how the worker is worthy of his wages. 1st Corinthians 9:9 1st Timothy 5:18

likewise Jesus Christ says if you abide in my word you are my disciples indeed and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. John 8:31 If you abide in me and my words abide in you you shall ask what you desire and it shall be done for you. John 15:7 And peter says Lord to whom shall we go. you have the words of eternal life. John 6:68

Wise people store up knowledge and wisdom is in the sight of him who has understanding. Proverbs 10:14 proverbs 7:24

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Sorry if it seemed random since you had mentioned the law of Moses and quoted when I mentioned the command in deutorotomy to lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your Soul I just wanted to share a few scriptures in accordance with the command in deuterotomy.

(Every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings treasure out of his house things new and old. (Already referenced)

And the Bible says all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine for correction for instruction In righteousness)
(Already referenced)

Paul says in the law of Moses how you should not muzzle an ox while it treads the grain and he says is it oxen God is concerned about? Does he not write it all together for our sakes no doubt for our sakes it is written that he who plows should plow in hope and he who threseth in hope should be partaker of his hope. and how the worker is worthy of his wages. 1st Corinthians 9:9 1st Timothy 5:18

likewise Jesus Christ says if you abide in my word you are my disciples indeed and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. John 8:31 If you abide in me and my words abide in you you shall ask what you desire and it shall be done for you. John 15:7 And peter says in the gospel of John you have the words of eternal life where shall we go? John 6:68

Wise people store up knowledge and wisdom is in the sight of him who has understanding. Proverbs 10:14 proverbs 7:24
Yeah the Old Testament and New Testament are different testaments ….

Christian’s don’t want to be here

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024
Yeah the Old Testament and New Testament are different testaments ….

Christian’s don’t want to be here

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬
I agree with every scripture from the Bible you posted may the Lord give us understanding in all things. God bless you.

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024
"Attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” Colossians 2:2-3

Blessed be the Lord :) who alone is wise and who became for us wisdom from God

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
"Attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge” Colossians 2:2-3

Blessed be the Lord :) who alone is wise and who became for us wisdom from God
Amen he is wise

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024
In response to needevidence

1 Corinthians 7:25 - 25 Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy.

King James Bible
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment in the word of Jesus Christ john 7:24

Also Jesus says You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.

Paul also says Yet in my judgment she is happier if she remains as she is. And I think that I too have the Spirit of God

1st Corinthians 7:40

WHen Paul says "I not the Lord say" concerning the unbelieving wife or unbelieving husband and also when he says "But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace."

1st cor 7:15

jesus Christ also says blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9

Paul says he who is spiritual judges all things but is rightly judged by no one 1st cor 2:15 he also says Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 1st Corinthians 6:2-6

And peter mentions of the wisdom given to Paul by God 2nd peter 3:15

In ecclesiastes it says words of the wise spoken quietly should be heard eccle 9:17

finally Paul says

Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

2nd Timothy 1:13

Evanjm

Jan 3, 2024

King James Bible
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment in the word of Jesus Christ john 7:24

Also Jesus says You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.

Paul also says Yet in my judgment she is happier if she remains as she is. And I think that I too have the Spirit of God

1st Corinthians 7:40

WHen Paul says "I not the Lord say" concerning the unbelieving wife or unbelieving husband and also when he says "But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace."

1st cor 7:15

jesus Christ also says blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9

Paul says he who is spiritual judges all things but is rightly judged by no one 1st cor 2:15 he also says Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 1st Corinthians 6:2-6

And peter mentions of the wisdom given to Paul by God 2nd peter 3:15

In ecclesiastes it says words of the wise spoken quietly should be heard eccle 9:17

finally Paul says

Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

2nd Timothy 1:13

Romans 2:16 - on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:” 2 Timothy 2:8

Romans 15:20 20 It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.
I sent a reply to the verse you quoted in a different post on this thread.