NO SUCH THING AS...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2011
Death and sacrifice and morbid things are very much a part of Christianity.

Just sit through the passion of the Christ and tell me you can't write Death Metal lyrics.

What do you object to? The Music? The lyrics? The costumes?

God designs to shine his light wherever he wants, even if you personally don't like it!

Dec 18, 2013
Death and sacrifice and morbid things are very much a part of Christianity.

Just sit through the passion of the Christ and tell me you can't write Death Metal lyrics.

What do you object to? The Music? The lyrics? The costumes?

God designs to shine his light wherever he wants, even if you personally don't like it!
You can write death metal lyrics to whatever, but the humor of course is that no one will know what you're saying because of the death metal vocals.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Let me say this God and satan use music for their purposes. be it metal country or rap whatever im afraid this issue is a matter of the op opinion not fact and certainly not biblical truth

D

didymos

Didymos, I have no idea where you dug that up, or what Google rabbit hole you had to fall down to find it, but that is probably the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Is this (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Messianic Christian Jihad? Is that a real thing?

Adding the law back on top of grace wasn't good enough, it's time to start hacking off body parts.

There are some strange people in this world. Strange people.
It wasn't that difficult. Enoch's avatar clearly was some kind of (para)military emblem and I was interested what kind of organization it represented. The emblem was a combination of the ukrainian flag, the star of David and the german word 'Angriff' (attack) in cyrillic script, misspelled with only one F. The rest was easy. From what I can tell these aren't 'Messianic Christian Jihadists,' but more like jewish fascists (it seems such a thing is possible). Maybe Enoch can enlighten us on the matter, I'm interested what he has to say about it.

For all of you who missed it, I made a screenshot of his avatar, expecting he would remove it.

May 3, 2013
I would agree there are some nasty words in several kids of music (their lyrics) but I still enjoy the music, how it sounds. So I made the most to get it without voices.

Those I really regrets listening too, here, without my consent is Salsa music, Merengue, Regeton, etc. and all those ones I desired to be deft or those singing to be muted, as I easily turned the volume down with my headsets.

It´s sad I don´t have an apliance to switch on/off those things I don´t like.

I like TFK, Trance, some rock groups like Journey, etc. and I have control of what I hear. What I don´t like I deleted. ;D

Last edited:

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
It seems Enoch's disappeared, at any rate. Banned? Good riddance, in any case.

U

Ugly

If he were banned it would say so underneath. Appears he has simply quit the site and had his account closed. And in true troll fashion. Come on, start a bunch of crap, then run away like a coward.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What I always love about these discussions is they're not new. Many of the third centuries fathers struck out at instrumental music in general. Wycliffe complained bitterly about singing in church, particularly organs and quires. Booth was often criticised for trying to adapt secular styles to his music. People like Amos Hayden in the restoration movement were endlessly pilloried, including by the likes of McGarvey, in the early 19th century. There is nothing new under the sun. By all rights, basically all of hymnody should be thrown out, let alone CCM.

The thing is, this too will pass, and our descendants will find something else dumb to argue about. And, knowing how these things play out, they will probably be defending metal as "God's own music" :/
Sad but true. So much energy wasted flailing at the wind.

I have decided I will consider myself "old" when, and not before, I start griping about "this new christian music isn't really christian." Until then I'll have a few albums of just about every style of christian music ever made. I even found some christian rap that was good. Haven't found any christian metal I like... yet... but I'm still giving different singers a chance.

Speaking of which... all you who listen to christian metal, please post one or two of your favorite songs here. As I said, I haven't yet found any christian metal that I like, but I haven't found many albums to listen to. My music collection was built thriftily, by going to pawn shops, used bookstores, etc. so it's nowhere near comprehensive or complete in any way. I need to broaden my musical horizons a bit.

(And what better way to use this thread, eh?) ;)

U

Ugly

I have decided I will consider myself "old" when, and not before, I start griping about "this new christian music isn't really christian." Until then I'll have a few albums of just about every style of christian music ever made. I even found some christian rap that was good. Haven't found any christian metal I like... yet... but I'm still giving different singers a chance.

Speaking of which... all you who listen to christian metal, please post one or two of your favorite songs here. As I said, I haven't yet found any christian metal that I like, but I haven't found many albums to listen to. My music collection was built thriftily, by going to pawn shops, used bookstores, etc. so it's nowhere near comprehensive or complete in any way. I need to broaden my musical horizons a bit.

http://christianchat.com/christian-...av-christian-metal-industrial-band-album.html

115 pages big so far.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Thanks man. Nice wide selection there, and that drummer playing with Chopin was amazing. The debate over sub-genres was a bit silly though...

Jan 20, 2015
Christian black metal!!!! The world has succumbed to such a twisted belief....just look it up...how did I discover such filth? I used to be the front man for several death metal bands...and I must tell you...there is no such thing called Christian black and death metal! (he huffs and puffs...and sighs deeply...then shakes head) on the other hand...music that glorifies GOD....is those that glorify GOD...simple yes? The end.
Maybe christians should start making death metal, but call it life metal.

U

Ugly

Maybe christians should start making death metal, but call it life metal.
Christians have been playing death metal since i was a teen. Various styles of Christian metal have been called 'life metal' from time to time, but the name never really stuck.
Also, as mentioned above, Enoch quit the site days ago.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah I've heard it called "life metal" too. One would think a name that has occurred to so many people would be a natural winner, but...

Kinda like chocolate eggnog. It has occurred to many to try it but it never stays around long.

D

Difol

[video=youtube;cKKNqYjAlWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKNqYjAlWA[/video]

D

Difol

Also...
[video=youtube;5mnXHVKO8sY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mnXHVKO8sY[/video]