non baptized members active participation in church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Ndz

Just a simple question and feel free to answer at any angle .... should someone who is not baptized be give the opportunity to minister in any area in the church? Dance, ushering, worship, anyway

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Did God pitch the Church here on earth or in heaven? Hebrews 8
Where is God's kingdom here or in Heaven? To where are you a citizen of?

Man's rules and regulations, I glory in none of them, but do obey whatever Law is put in place, yet worship in Heaven and in Spirit
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Is this man a believer, and is he already Baptized by God in God's Spirit
So these are the things I would want to know
Does he believe Christ came in the flesh?
Does he believe that Christ is the propitiation for all sin at the cross?
Hope this helps for you to see truth that sets you free?

1 John 2:2 and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Romans 3:25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

So watch the fruit, a tree is always identified by its fruit is it not?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Many people get water Baptized to get in good with the Church BTK killer comes to mind. Just because some one gets water Baptized is not Spiritually Baptized by God, it is to be a form of good conscious between God and that person, not for the washing away of sins.
Born again by God's Spirit through the resurrected Christ is being born of God, and dead to the old man self. And this is a gift from God to all mankind, if man will change to believe God and quit trying to do it himself or with God's help.
It is giving it all up to God to do in us what we can't do in self, which is be perfect, but God can if we ask God to not live in us, more importantly through us
Just food for thought, between God and you to know truth that sets you free to love all unconditionally as God does love all unconditionally, proven by the cross

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
And that is where we are taught by God to be wise as a serpent, yet harmless as a dove

N

Ndz

Well its something I see occurring at a church and I was just giving it some thought ....... I do not known where they stand or anything. ...I only know that the're not baptized ...

N

Ndz

Thanks so far 4 ur notes .... im version slow to speak n rather take in the whole situation

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I think it depends on the church regulations. I was in a Baptist church where the pastor invited unbelievers to participate in the worship, and help do many things. They all got saved!! Interesting strategy for evangelism, don't you think?

The church I am in now requires baptism/membership (both) to participate in any part of serving anywhere in the church, including teaching Sunday School. It is a big church, so it can get away with that. But I think it is rather restrictive. Also there is an adherent who was baptized as a baby, and confirmed Lutheran as a child. She refuses to be rebaptized and so cannot be a member. I struggle with that, because she is a wonderful Christian woman, and to deny her beliefs and her baptism just doesn't seem right to me.

So I would look in the rules and regulations or policies of your church and denomination if you want to know more. Or talk to your pastor about the issue - he may have some very good reasons for his decision, or may not know.

N

Ndz

Well im from another church......but I find it harsh cause they are persons born of members from the church ..well I guess the pastor has reasons y

B

Bryancampbell

Just a simple question and feel free to answer at any angle .... should someone who is not baptized be give the opportunity to minister in any area in the church? Dance, ushering, worship, anyway
Ministers and leaders should also be an example of godly living, so he should undergo baptism to teach baptism to others.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I think it an unwise practice for a number of reasons. That said there is little in the way of standards in a lot of the churches today. Some of the mega-churches have no membership requirements at all. One might consider the consequences of an unbaptized or unsaved person participating in ministry if they do something that brings shame on the name of Christ. Not to say that a saved and baptized person could not do the same but seems the probabilities are higher with the unsaved/unbaptized.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

presidente

May 29, 2013
If someone is not committed enough to Christ and doesn't understand the teachings of Christ enough to be baptized, then they should be treated as a seeker, IMO. I don't see any hard and fast rules on dance in scriptures. Some ushers handle the money, and IMO, that should be handled by church members, maybe deacons if you have them. They also represent the church to visitors, so I think it is best for believers. I'd also think leading congregational singing should be off-limits as well.

I am not for hitting with a stick to talks out of line, but I also think addressing the congregation (e.g. teaching, prophecy, tongues and interpretation) should be for baptized believers. In the example I Corinthians, the unbeliever or uninstructed while the saints prophecy. If Balaam or Caiaphas get a word, IMO, a church meeting may not be the best place to share it.

Last edited:
C

Cino

In our church we do not allow unbelievers to do anything in church, except pick a song they want to sing, or help out in other duties, like kitchen, etc. How can someone who is not converted preach to others? The blind leading the blind. How can they pray in the church if they do not have a clean heart and have repented and been baptized and received the Holy Spirit? A sacrifice from an unclean heart will not be accepted by God. The church needs to be kept holy with only believers doing the major things in the church.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Just because someone says they believe and or is Baptized in a Church, does not make it so
Going to Church does not make one born again, anymore that going to a hen house make one a hen!