Not a new Christian but New to the site

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

violeteyestwo

Hi everyone, I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember. I have had my stumbles and fallen off the path a few times but I have always come back to Christ because I know He is the way to God. I want to share a story that recently in the last year and half brought me back to Christ. Let me start by saying I am BiPolar and suffer from a lot of depression do to past issues. I know that God is helping me through them but I still have my suicidal thoughts. Before this incident happened my plan was when my youngest was old enough to move out I would no longer be needed and it would be safe to kill myself. Well a year and a half ago I got pneumonia from complications of the swine flu. I was very ill to the point that my husband was told to gather the family because they really didn't think I would make it. I was given a 5% chance of survival. But by the grace of God I lived. I had issues after I came out of the induced coma but I overcame them and moved on with my life. I still have issues from my past and please don't tell me to just hand them to God and get over it because that is so much easier said then done. I think God knows that for people to truly deal with problems then need to face them head on and that is what I am doing. I still have issues and I am still struggling with bad thoughts but I know that God is right beside me holding my hand regardless of what I might do. Anyway that is what has brought me to this point. Unfortunately I have a husband who does not believe in god per se, He has a son who was hit by a car when he was 10 and basically his son had his life destroyed. My stepson is semi quadriplegic and suffers from Traumatic Brain Injury, he is considered mentally retarded, so my husband blames God. Now I understand that God is not the person who did this but I also understand how my husband feels. However with all that said it makes it hard on me because if I were to go to a church it would create turmoil in the house and that is not needed, which is what brought me to this site. Well that is my testimony
violet

Jun 20, 2010
Welcome to the site Violet
Personally I wouldn't have this problem, no matter how much reason, discrimminating on the basis of a spouse going to church.. being a christian sounds like something that we should be above, regardless of our personal testimony or perhaps perfect reason. Even if one believes its detrimental to human-kind I don't think causing disharmony in the relationship is the reaction I'd have. Argument doesn't mean a loving relationship.

Anyway, just an outsider view ^_^

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
violeteyestwo, Hello welcome to christian chat.

M

MaXXX_PoWer

Welcome to Christian Chat Violeteyestwo :D

C

choZn

Welcome to CC. This is a great place to fellowship with other christians but nothing replaces the experience we share when we physically come together with a body of believers. You are missing out on so many blessings. Satan is a liar and a deceiver. He would have you believe that it's not possible for you to attend. I pray for you that God will give you the strength to overcome this deception and that your husbands heart will be softened as well.