Not categorizing Men or Women as "All the same"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stallone

"All men are ..." - said one woman

"All women are ..." said one man.

I think this can be a major problem for men and women.. to define men or women ALL as being one thing or one way. "There is no WAY of doing things..", I always say "Just your way". That's one of my expressions. You can cook chicken a million different ways but in the end it's cooked.

No one woman I've ever dated, has ever been exactly the same or sometimes similiar at all. So it's important not to lump one experience as thee definitive experience. "I had a bad experience on a rollercoaster once, so I never went on one again." One bad experience doesn't mean that thing was bad as a whole. No past failure, bad experience or loss prevents future success or good experiences.

So don't stamp the opposite gender as this or that.. because you're closing your mind to optimism. Be guarded but be open minded. Go by your levels or doing things and how things progress.

U

Ugly

From what i've seen, the people most guilty of this are either newly broken hearted (dumped, divorced), or people who have had trouble coping with all their broken relationships. And then there are the ones that are bitter that they have never dated. They're hurt, and the view the reason for their hurt as the opposite gender. In their wallowing pain they begin rehashing other failed relationships and begin to see the common thread is the other persons gender.
I've witnessed this in the forums. Its sad to see. I will say i've been tempted to go down that rode a time or two, and maybe i took a little trip down there, but i'm pretty introspective and was able to discern the mistakes i made vs the problem i've had with the women. So its kept me from blaming women as a whole for some of my hurts.

May 2, 2011
"All men are ..." - said one woman

"All women are ..." said one man.

I think this can be a major problem for men and women.. to define men or women ALL as being one thing or one way. "There is no WAY of doing things..", I always say "Just your way". That's one of my expressions. You can cook chicken a million different ways but in the end it's cooked.

No one woman I've ever dated, has ever been exactly the same or sometimes similiar at all. So it's important not to lump one experience as thee definitive experience. "I had a bad experience on a rollercoaster once, so I never went on one again." One bad experience doesn't mean that thing was bad as a whole. No past failure, bad experience or loss prevents future success or good experiences.

So don't stamp the opposite gender as this or that.. because you're closing your mind to optimism. Be guarded but be open minded. Go by your levels or doing things and how things progress.

Hasty generalization is a logical fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive
generalization based on insufficient evidence
— essentially making a hasty conclusion
without considering all of the variables.

Hasty generalization can also be a basis for prejudices, in which inferences regarding a
large group is based upon knowledge of only a small sample size of that group.
Link -->> Learn and talk about Hasty generalization, Inductive fallacies, Informal fallacies, Logical fallacies

Please read and contribute to the Thread on this Forum (ChristianChat.com) on:
LOGICAL FALLACIES:
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/29676-logical-fallacies.html

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID, perhaps it is the social system we are in the we should concern
ourselves with. What social issues, behaviors or pressures for example do you think led
much of America and many of it's leaders, politicians, preachers, professors, teachers
(and of course the media) to accept, if not promote Homosexuality? <<-- [Rhetorical Question, not coming back to continue]

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I think its the men and women who date the same type of person over and over again that normally say stuff like that. An of course all men or all women are gonna seem the same if you keep dating the same type of person!!!

Its enough to make you wanna smack somebody

L

Liz01

I think its the men and women who date the same type of person over and over again that normally say stuff like that. An of course all men or all women are gonna seem the same if you keep dating the same type of person!!!

Its enough to make you wanna smack somebody
hahaha, i have never thought it in this way, but i agree with you

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Old Chinese proverb: it's insanity to keep doing the same thing and expect a different end result. Actually it's a quote from a movie, but it is soooo true when it comes to life. If we keep getting involved with the same type of person, we can pretty much guarantee the same results in those relationships.