Not Christian Enough

• Thread starter BlessedLovedByGod
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlessedLovedByGod

I don't want to go back being a christian backslider. But it seems that I'm not christian enough. what should I do?

W

wwjd_kilden

Firstly: Don't try to be "Christian enough"

He has shown you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
That you act justly
love firecely
and walk humbly with you God.

P

paulr

I don't want to go back being a christian backslider. But it seems that I'm not christian enough. what should I do?
I guess, u are just good enough as anyone else. Saved in Christ. Don't have to look at anyone else. Only Christ himself. Remember its always been your decision and still is to be in His grace. He loves you as He always did, does and will always be loving you.
God bless you.

B

BlessedLovedByGod

Thanks! I still feel so unworthy. Maybe I just expected too much from other people. And myself...I failed.

W

wwjd_kilden

We all failed. That is why Jesus came to die on the cross. If we hadn't failed, the old sacrifices of animals would have been enough. God loves you. It could be that He is calling you to stop doing something that is not right, or it could be the devil trying to make you doubt in God's promise. Bring everything to God, and know that Jesus died for all of your shortcomings. By His blood, you stand pure before God.

S

Siberian_Khatru

We are not saved by works. Isn't ironic? Many secularists argue that you become a slave to your ideology as a Christian and can never be worthy. We lament over not being able to do enough and are grateful to be saved, in spite of never feeling worthy.

Aug 25, 2012
What you need to do is rebuke the enemy back to the pit of hell for whispering that crap into your ear, you are a follower of Jesus and the enemy absolutely hates you for that and will always make you doubt your faith, the enemy always uses the same old tricks. I rebuke that unclean spirit in the name of all high Jesus Christ amen.

Feb 26, 2013
Hi Diana,

I truly believe that is the voice of the enemy. This has happened to me many times. I always did the church work, some people said I was "a blessing" but I didn't feel that way. I felt sick inside ... everything was not enough.
One day God spoke to me deeply and told me I'd never do enough to reciprocate the sacrifice he made on the cross for me, then I realized that and the least I can give to my savior is my heart and my worship.
so that the holy spirit can work in my life :)
I encourage you to do the same!
God Bless you!

B

BlessedLovedByGod

Thank you guys for the replies. I will not try just to be christian enough. I believe God will help me. He will not stop until he finish the work that he started on me.

I pray to God to open our eyes and our hearts, so that we will not only have more courage to overcome sin, but also that we will take the next step and have the courage to bear our crosses for the sake of others, so that we all can have a lively hope to be found worthy of Christ and his Kingdom, and to enter into the eternal enjoyment of all that He has prepared for those who love Him.