Not invited to friends wedding at a park

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

friends4ever

Theres this wedding that a friend from church is having and everyone is talking about it but I have not gotten an invitiation. I asked about it and they said the date and that it was at such and such a park and I was wondering if I could just show up at the park wedding without an invitiation? It seems to be a fairly large wedding and most of the people going are people I know as well as the bride and groom.
And I seem to be the only one at my church not invited. I have asked people what time it is and they dont remember. They made a guess of 10 or 11.

W

wwjd_kilden

Hmm. Wouldn't it be wise to ask your friend? There are a zillion things to remember before a wedding, it is likely they forgot to write you an invitation in the process of getting everything organized. They might have been thinking "well of course we must have sent her one"

D

djness

Sometimes I call my friends on saturday night to see if we are hanging out, it is generally assumed that we are, but I don't just show up. Sometimes they invite me to holiday dinner, again, I don't just show up.

If you have made attempts to find out and haven't really been given specifics, I wouldn't go. If you didn't get adirect invitation I wouldn't go. If you have direct contact with the bride and groom ask them.
Sometimes people just assume, oh you are a friend you should be there. In the case of a wedding these things are usually farily well planned out with costs per person.

If you don't get any response, I wouldn't just show up.

M

Mammachickadee

Just ask her sweetly how the wedding plans are going, then ask her sweetly if there was a reason you didn't get an invitation. Try to ask her in a way that will help her give an honest answer without feeling she's been backed into a corner or forced to hand over an invitation though she would have initially preferred not to (assuming your invitation isn't just logged in the mail somewhere).

H

Hellooo

If you weren't explicity invited, or invited as a plus one, I wouldn't show up unexpectedly, nor would I ask for an invite. Personally, I would just let it go.

M

MissCris

There were a few people I am friends with that did not get invited to my wedding. There was a reason. There were also a couple of people that I did not invite who showed up to my wedding anyway, and it made some things awkward.

Definitely ask the bride and groom about it if it's seriously upsetting you, but don't make them feel guilty, and don't just show up because...that's sorta rude.

B

BananaPie

Well, two vectors take place during a wedding:

1. The wedding ceremony (usually everybody "from Church" is invited)
2. The wedding reception (usually by invitation only)

If you don't receive an invitation, then I would ask the preacher (or person doing the ceremony) if your friend's wedding ceremony is an open-invitation to all those in fellowship at your church, and simply follow his lead from there.

Sometimes, the entire Church gets together to contribute to the wedding reception (meal & song). In that case, inquire with the sisters (or whomever is planning the meals) and coordinate your participation accordingly.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I've never heard of everyone from church being invited before. I know when my sister got married in June the whole thing ceremony and reception were both invitation only.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I've never heard of everyone from church being invited before. I know when my sister got married in June the whole thing ceremony and reception were both invitation only.

I've had both happen. I've attended a wedding where the church was invited to the ceremony but the reception was invite only. I've also attended wedding that were invite only. Money is a big factor.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Are you on facebook? If get on it, that's probably why you have missed it. :p

Seriously... probs just ask.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Ok, heres what you do. Show up at the park. If she sees you and is all, "who invited you here!"
Stop drop and roll it to the nearest seesaw or slide and say you were at the park to play..

M

MissCris

^^^ Tried to rep that. System says no. But it deserves rep points.

G

GreenNnice

Theres this wedding that a friend from church is having and everyone is talking about it but I have not gotten an invitiation. I asked about it and they said the date and that it was at such and such a park and I was wondering if I could just show up at the park wedding without an invitiation? It seems to be a fairly large wedding and most of the people going are people I know as well as the bride and groom.
And I seem to be the only one at my church not invited. I have asked people what time it is and they dont remember. They made a guess of 10 or 11.
I don't know, the Lord leads, ask them why. :)

I

isaria

Agree, you should not just turn up as that is very rude and disrespectful.
There may be reasons you are not invited and it could be finances or a close family does not get along with you or they may be angry with you or not see you as a friend anymore.
Reasons may be many.

You could confront them about it which could be uncomfterble for both parties but might clear things up.
You could ask some one close to the bride and groom what is going on.....
Maybe it seems as if whole church invited except for you but maybe so is not the case.
It may seem that way as many are talking about it.