Not just a 'man's army' anymore: Ranger school graduates first women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Army Ranger School to graduate its first two women

Two women have made military history by becoming the first female soldiers to complete the U.S. Army's grueling Ranger Course, the Army announced late Monday.

The women, who were not immediately identified, will join 94 men Friday for a graduation ceremony at Fort Benning, Ga., where Ranger School is based. The unit consists of rapidly deployable troops who are often used in special operations

"Each Ranger School graduate has shown the physical and mental toughness to successfully lead organizations at any level," said Secretary of the Army John M. McHugh in a statement.
Nineteen women began in the class of 400. The two who graduated are both West Point grads. Both "recycled" through one phase of the program before completing it. One woman has "recycled" through two phases and is still a candidate to finish. Typically, male soldiers recycle at least one phase as well.

I've got a different take on women in combat. The debate is actually over a moot point. Since Desert Storm, women have been in the crossfire of the front line, though until the latter phases of Operation Iraqi Freedom, they weren't recognized as filling a combatant's role. That's hogwash, because they most definitely came under fire as well as returning fire.

We lost an Apache in Iraq in 1991, in desert mountain terrain. A female captain, a medivac pilot, took a Blackhawk in there to get them out while we flew cover for her. Under heavy fire and despite being wounded, she got our crew out safely. To that I could only say "Hoo-ah!" I say the same to these newly minted Rangers.

Last edited:

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
AWESOME! I spent eight years in the Army National Guard and Reserves, and LOVED serving! Congrats to the Lady Rangers, and here's to more in the future! HOOAH!