Not officially back, but a request nonetheless

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I'm not very good at describing how I'm feeling. I often say "Im fine" because in my vocabulary fine has grown to mean, "Im still alive." So as of now I'm sad, a bit overwhelmed, more than a bit shamed, and ill. Much of this has to do with my medical condition. I could experience all that I'm experiencing now and feel optimistic. I don't struggle with identifying it or bringing it to Jesus, but due to my illness, it becomes this gigantic unnamable and suffocating mass. This probably mmakes very little sense to most of you.
1). Yesterday, on a whim, I decided to check the court website. To my amazement, my divorce passed through the judge. It will be complete on April 25. I can only describe it as giving birth. I was laughing and crying simulataneously. I was so fractic, I actually went running at 10pm in the freezing rain.
2). Now this may seem ridiculous to most of you, but I'm am really struggling with body image. My diet had to change when I lost my medical coverage. All the dietary changes have probably put my body into shock. So I gained weight. Now if I tell you I gained about 5 lbs. most people just laugh because 5lbs doesn't seem like much. I too used to laugh at people who complained about 5lbs. But the truth is 5lbs is a lot more when you're 130lbs versus when you're 180lbs. However, to me 5lbs seems like 100lbs. No matter what I do it won't go away. I run about 12 miles a week and walk another 20-30 miles. I eat well. But nothing. I feel like my body just has a mind of its own. If you think I just gained muscle, I wish that were the case. I track measurements and sizes. Nothing has gotten smaller. Call me anal retentive, I live by it honestly. I am a recovering anorexic and bulimic so I am at this point constantly fighting the desire to purge or completely stop eating. I am also a perfectionist with a tendency to take out any failings on myself, even the failings of others against me.
3). Because my physical health has been so bad lately, some ladies took notice and have gathered a prayer team for me this Sunday. I have no idea who will be there, but I do know there's quite a group gathering.

B

BarlyGurl

Honestly Jordache... despite you medical "problems" I think it would be really good for you to go on a fast... Try 3 days water only... no running or working-out, if you feel restless... just go for a walk... spend the time in silence.. to hear him. HE will comfort and enlighten you.

K

kenisyes

Sorry, but I think the 5 lbs. will do you good. Especially as much as you exercise outdoors.

Sep 8, 2012
Everything's going to work out Jordache.
God is with you. I know it's hard.
But just because it's hard doesn't mean Jesus is not there.
In fact, he's there even more in the hard times.
Look at it this way, (with the papers going through), you are finally free!

P

Professor

Hi Jordache,
I continue to pray for you. Peace and the love of God be with you. I struggle with body image too.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Jordache,

As someone who is also divorced has also struggled with eating disorder symptoms for years, I can very much sympathize with the pain you're going through and trying to cope with (loss, joy, pain, new beginnings, old doors closing, failures, triumphs...)

I relate to a lot of what you are saying because for me, fasts do not work. Either I can't stay on them or I go overboard (to someone struggling with this thought/behavior pattern, fasting can become addictive and you try to stay on it and starve yourself.) I have had a pattern since my teens of coping with emotions by eating to the point of getting sick, then waiting for the sickness to pass and starting over again.

I have had supportive people in my church work with me (as well as Christian counseling, etc.) but I understand it's a daily, hourly, sometimes minute by minute struggle.

Here is something none of us want to hear--the 5 lbs. may stick, but you are just as beautiful now as you were without them, and, again, I know this is something none of us want to hear, but it may stay there no matter what you do. Our bodies change over time and circumstance and unfortunately, we can't always mold or command them to take on certain shapes, weights, or sizes.

I pray above all else that God will lead you into a healthy pattern and that you will be content knowing you're doing the best you can to take care of yourself, even if the weight stays. Talk to the people you are close to in this prayer circle--they may be able to help you as far as having someone to talk to when the compulsive thoughts take over. Take time for something that brings you joy everyday, not just the things you feel you have to do. Maybe it's burning a candle for 10 minutes and praying? Going for a short walk? Reading a favorite magazine?

God bless you and please feel free to message me if you wish.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs Jordache, praying in Jesus's name for all peace and contentment in this.

Hugs and God bless
pickles