Not ours but His

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I wasn't sure where to place this so I hope it is ok here.
God Bless you and yours.

How important is a softened heart? How should we stand in Victory of that condition given?

We are told to renew our thoughts, do it often. We are told to focus on things which are edifying and we are told to sin no more, and to live a life of service. We are told to remain as a child, teachable and humble. I think the softened heart is our biggest strength, but it is not in our power but in His.

Doesn't that eternal life we are given speak to a nature that is changed forever more. Aren't we told a new spirit and heart are given? Doesn’t the integrity of the changed condition all come down to forgiveness for our sins and then the capacity to genuinely love and forgive more, in word, thought and action?

A softened heart cares more, and thus will probably labor more in that invested state. When I think of success, I think of overcoming in Him.

Not allowing dark thoughts, pride, ego, selfishness, loss, physical pain, guilt, anger, sin, or anything build walls around that beautiful softened heart requires our resolve in Him. If everyday we have to wrestle like Jachob to deny ourselves, our feelings and our thoughts that don't line up with the will of His, it is so worth it. The priceless and precious heart that He has placed in us is not ours but His.

Everytime someone steps up to the plate to fulfill a need, to contribute in whatever way. Everytime we forgive ourselves and others. Everytime we don’t give up on Him, or ourselves and the value of loving others, we see Himself revealed in the softened heart.

Love you brothers and sisters, in Him

Aug 2, 2009
Yes! A soft heart and a childlike faith is what I always believed were very important since i first believed in Christ. It's sad that in today's cultural climate there is so much negativity and criticism.

Aug 2, 2009
I wanted to add this to my post...

The bible says that many will be offended and hate one another during end times. And many will no longer love (have hardened hearts).

Matthew 24:10-13 KJV:
. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I wanted to add this to my post...

The bible says that many will be offended and hate one another during end times. And many will no longer love (have hardened hearts).

Matthew 24:10-13 KJV:
. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Yes, we must hold on to His softened heart given. Thankfully we have Him to strengthen our resolve. Screenshot_20181113-155503_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181113-155310_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181113-154930_Chrome.jpg