not sure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

selenah

Not really sure what I'm asking prayer for. I'm afraid because I been taking some Nyquil to see what would happen and I liked it and now I want it more. I'm scared because it's like right there and I like what it does but I'm afraid. I thought I was saved but now it's like there's this type of drug and I'm not sure what i'm doing because it's wrong but I want it. idk I feel messed up in the head.

U

Ugly

This has nothing to do with 'i thought i was saved'. Paul, who wrote more of the NT than anyone else wrote 'i do what i do not want to do'. Temptation is not a sin.
Nyquil has a LOT of alcohol in it. So basically you're getting tipsy. Some people respond favorably to the affects of alcohol. You are apparently one. I suggest getting rid of it rather than leaving it in arms reach, or even in another room where you can just walk to it. But this temptation is not an evidence of a lack of salvation.

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
Temptations do not go away after you are saved. On the contrary there may even be more temptations,
and the thought "I might not be saved, if things like ... happen to me" is an even greater temptation
than a possible start of an addiction.

So I am praying with you, that you go to our savior again and tell him, that you are secure in his hands and
that you know that taking or not taking Nyquil is irrelevant.

If you want to fight the pull of Nyquil with prayer, use worship prayer (and/or singing), that helps, when I
I realize that my mind starts to obsess about doing/not doing something unhealthy.

praying for you.

J

jb800m

praying for this soul father you kneow the heart and the needs pls do a miracle here