Not teaching but learning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
i just read, is the bible the final authority, most said yes though a few said no including myself

But i want to learn, why does so many people believe prophets are gone.

It appears to be man made, which in theory makes it suspect,

I and the Father are in almost constant contact, you can believe it or not. The Holy Spirit will give us the words to speak before men. sounds prophetic.

Jesus is alive, and well and he said I will never leave you nor forsake you.

So Jesus just comes along for the ride, or do we talk.

do we walk together, do we sing a new song.

does he say wayne Love that person, pray for that one, give money to that one, buy shoes for that one.

They didn't cut out his tongue so he must be able to speak.

if he is with you, and your not communicating, is it his fault

church doctrine can be quite limiting, if that is all you know. It can be quite revealing when the church is guided by the shepard, or will at least let him in

So again I ask, why do so many believe the prophets are gone

Zen

Sep 11, 2015
The Holy Spirit will give us the words to speak before men. sounds prophetic.

why do so many believe the prophets are gone
:confused: there's enough information in your own post to answer your own question.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
i just read, is the bible the final authority, most said yes though a few said no including myself

I and the Father are in almost constant contact, you can believe it or not. The Holy Spirit will give us the words to speak before men. sounds prophetic.

does he say wayne Love that person, pray for that one, give money to that one, buy shoes for that one.

church doctrine can be quite limiting, if that is all you know. It can be quite revealing when the church is guided by the shepard, or will at least let him in

Oh, I get it, you want your prophecies to be on par with Scripture, maybe even above Scripture (since you believe the Scriptures are suspect). You want a little authority, (really a lot of authority) respect, to be thought of as a prophet, and much weight given to what you have to say, while Scripture itself kind of takes a back seat role of being suspect.

Have you considered writing down all your new revelations and submitting them to Crossway, or Zondervan and having them add them to their Bibles? Which version would you want them to include your prophecies in?

I thank you for your modesty and humility. May no one ever question your authority. :rolleyes:

Feb 7, 2015
I'm very curious about this. What is there new and not already written for "modern day Prophets" to prophesy?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Simple answer: The Bible is a complete canon (66 books), and the book of Revelation closed out all prophecies. We have all we need in Scripture.

Apr 15, 2017
Jer 35:15 I have sent also unto you all my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, Return ye now every man from his evil way, and amend your doings, and go not after other gods to serve them, and ye shall dwell in the land which I have given to you and to your fathers: but ye have not inclined your ear, nor hearkened unto me.

There were only certain individuals that were a prophet in the Old Testament.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

The Old Testament prophets were sent to Israel to warn them to turn from their evil ways unto the LORD,or punishment will come.

There is not prophets that are singled out like that today,but all the saints are in the position of warning the world to turn from their evil ways unto the Lord,or punishment will come.

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
Oh, I get it, you want your prophecies to be on par with Scripture, maybe even above Scripture (since you believe the Scriptures are suspect). You want a little authority, (really a lot of authority) respect, to be thought of as a prophet, and much weight given to what you have to say, while Scripture itself kind of takes a back seat role of being suspect.

Have you considered writing down all your new revelations and submitting them to Crossway, or Zondervan and having them add them to their Bibles? Which version would you want them to include your prophecies in?

I thank you for your modesty and humility. May no one ever question your authority. :rolleyes:
What i got from that rant is you deny Jesus, for he said, I am in you, and you are in me" we are seated together in heavenly places,

to deny Jesus as the ultimate authority is to deny belief in God himself, and the light shined in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.

repent and turn from your evil ways, repent i say again repent
had to throw a little church in there

seriously you don't like me do you, well your father likes me even more.

last versefor the scripturely minded
man shall not live by bread alone, but BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS from where? come on you know, FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD'

and yes i can bandy scripture around pretty good

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
What i got from that rant is you deny Jesus, for he said, I am in you, and you are in me" we are seated together in heavenly places,

to deny Jesus as the ultimate authority is to deny belief in God himself, and the light shined in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.

repent and turn from your evil ways, repent i say again repent
had to throw a little church in there

seriously you don't like me do you, well your father likes me even more.

last versefor the scripturely minded
man shall not live by bread alone, but BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS from where? come on you know, FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD'

and yes i can bandy scripture around pretty good
How absurd the above drivel not to mention the ad hominems. I get it maverich, you want to be recognized as a prophet. Again, submit all your revelations to Bible publishers, perhaps they'll insert them into a Bible.

...just wanted to "document" the above. Assuredly maverich has been nailed in my post, He wants recognition, sees the Word of God as suspect, but not his own personal prophecies.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark here...:rolleyes:...you're not in any NT church, now are you maverich? Not another lone ranger, are you, a trucker to whom God speaks directly, but doesn't like the Word of God because it is "suspect", while believing his own prophecies are to be believed by all, and belongs to no actual church?

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
How absurd the above drivel not to mention the ad hominems. I get it maverich, you want to be recognized as a prophet. Again, submit all your revelations to Bible publishers, perhaps they'll insert them into a Bible.

...just wanted to "document" the above. Assuredly maverich has been nailed in my post, He wants recognition, sees the Word of God as suspect, but not his own personal prophecies.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark here...:rolleyes:...you're not in any NT church, now are you maverich? Not another lone ranger, are you, a trucker to whom God speaks directly, but doesn't like the Word of God because it is "suspect", while believing his own prophecies are to be believed by all, and belongs to no actual church?
hear you go a prophetic word for you,

read hebrews, go ahead. How about Billy Graham, don't like him okay just type in does God still speak to man, not enough, psalm 32 I will teach you the way.

I never said i was a prophet but i am thankful that you have. course Paul said oh my! this Paul, actually a biblical person, about gifts that we should all pray for the gift of, do i dare say it? Prophecy

F

FeedtheMachine

I have no problem with the fact that there are modern day prophets, but if what they are saying contradicts the Word of God and is in contradiction to the teaching of the old Prophets and Jesus, then that person is a false prophet. In our part of the world there are many of them, deceiving the masses. I believe the Word of God contains everything we need to know and also contains everything we are yet to learn. No one will change my belief in the authority of the Bible and whatever is out here in the world, calling itself of God, should be tested against the Word of God, and if it does not line up with Scripture, then it is not of God. I believe that an almighty God created everything we see and don't see and if He has the power and the might to do that, then making sure His Words, laws, commandments and instructions are contained in a book is no problem for Him to achieve.

Jun 1, 2016
I have no problem with the fact that there are modern day prophets, but if what they are saying contradicts the Word of God and is in contradiction to the teaching of the old Prophets and Jesus, then that person is a false prophet. In our part of the world there are many of them, deceiving the masses. I believe the Word of God contains everything we need to know and also contains everything we are yet to learn. No one will change my belief in the authority of the Bible and whatever is out here in the world, calling itself of God, should be tested against the Word of God, and if it does not line up with Scripture, then it is not of God. I believe that an almighty God created everything we see and don't see and if He has the power and the might to do that, then making sure His Words, laws, commandments and instructions are contained in a book is no problem for Him to achieve.

amen to that were warned severely to not take from, or add to the Word of God more than Once. Gods Word is timeless, it actually created time itself along with all things of creation. while man changes and the world with us. God is steadfast, solid, true, and all sufficient in His words. His written Word is faithful, true and unchanging.

Jun 1, 2016
Jer 35:15 I have sent also unto you all my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, Return ye now every man from his evil way, and amend your doings, and go not after other gods to serve them, and ye shall dwell in the land which I have given to you and to your fathers: but ye have not inclined your ear, nor hearkened unto me.

There were only certain individuals that were a prophet in the Old Testament.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

The Old Testament prophets were sent to Israel to warn them to turn from their evil ways unto the LORD,or punishment will come.

There is not prophets that are singled out like that today,but all the saints are in the position of warning the world to turn from their evil ways unto the Lord,or punishment will come.
anyone who keeps the testimony of Jesus ( the four Gospels) have the spirit of prophecy, prophecy will never part from what He said He is the first and Last.

revelation 19:10 "[FONT=&quot]And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See [/FONT]that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

testimony =" a formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law."

Jun 1, 2016

The prophets in the ot were all testifying of Jesus to Come with Gods trua and everlasting Word. Jesus was the beginning and the end of all things. there are still prophets, but true prophets will always line up with Jesus Christ. they will speak from His word, He is all the wisdom of God manifest to the World. everything we need is in the Holy Bible the ot is a promise to send Jesus, the rest is all proclaiming " Jesus came, He rose from the dead, Go to Jesus and Learn.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The Holy Spirit guides and comforts.

Anyone other than GOD himself must be considered according to scripture because it is written:

Revelation 22

8For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ bewith you all. Amen. {THE END.}

There was a man once sounding very Godly and then he said: if they say the Christ is here then go see....

Well... that was not what the Messiah taught us so we can refuse this man.

Jun 1, 2016
The Holy Spirit guides and comforts.

Anyone other than GOD himself must be considered according to scripture because it is written:

Revelation 22

8For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ bewith you all. Amen. {THE END.}

There was a man once sounding very Godly and then he said: if they say the Christ is here then go see....

Well... that was not what the Messiah taught us so we can refuse this man.

The Holy spirit also corrects, exhorts, rebukes, teaches, convicts us of our sin, and all of that because He works in us by the Words of Jesus Christ the Gospel.

john 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

john 6:63 "
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

john 3:5-6 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 peter 1:23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

james 1:18 "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

john 17:14-17 "
I have given them thy word; .......v17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

the Holy spirit will never part from Jesus words, receiving it actually comes through His word, if He had not explained john 14-15, no one would have ever understood that we can receive the Holy spirit, and Be born of God. there is always a connection with Gods Word and the spirit, because

john 4:23-24 "
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

john 14:15-17 "
If ye love me, keep my commandments.16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

words Go into us, and those who Keep them alive in our Minds, they become active in us for this reason

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, ( john 6:63) and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

it is the Word of God given through Our Lord Jesus Christ that Heals us, sanctifies us, changes our minds and Hearts, "quick" Means loosley " Living" and strengthens"

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The Holy spirit also corrects, exhorts, rebukes, teaches, convicts us of our sin, and all of that because He works in us by the Words of Jesus Christ the Gospel.

john 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

john 6:63 "
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

john 3:5-6 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 peter 1:23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

james 1:18 "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

john 17:14-17 "
I have given them thy word; .......v17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

the Holy spirit will never part from Jesus words, receiving it actually comes through His word, if He had not explained john 14-15, no one would have ever understood that we can receive the Holy spirit, and Be born of God. there is always a connection with Gods Word and the spirit, because

john 4:23-24 "
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

john 14:15-17 "
If ye love me, keep my commandments.16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

words Go into us, and those who Keep them alive in our Minds, they become active in us for this reason

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, ( john 6:63) and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

it is the Word of God given through Our Lord Jesus Christ that Heals us, sanctifies us, changes our minds and Hearts, "quick" Means loosley " Living" and strengthens"

Indeed to elaborate on guide and comfort.

May 18, 2010
I read your first post and it's because of doubts your questions arise, which is what the bible is proficient in preventing. Faith is the substance of hope, the evidence of things unseen. By scriptures, we learn a measure of faith is parted out as a gift among all peoples. Faith increases as we hear what the Spirit is saying, and hearing what the Spirit is saying comes by reading and understanding God's word. I personally don't think God says to one person at random give that guy this or that, but that if we have enough to give we should give to whoever is in need that we see, willingly cheerful and generous.
So don't think that God's word is dead, ignorant, insane, inconsistent, or obsolete. For instance, to know if we have the Holy Spirit or not, or are walking in the Spirit, or knowing if we're in the right, we can take from Scripture the fruits of the Spirit, and examine ourselves searching the depths of our heart asking, is it true, honest, pure, just, lovely, of good report, virtuous, praiseworthy,.. am I expressing, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, or self-control?
The bible is not needy of man's judgement but man is lacking good judgment of the bible.

Feb 28, 2016
I'm very curious about this. What is there new and not already written for "modern day Prophets" to prophesy?
=========================================

perhaps it's just being re-inforced in modern language?

Feb 28, 2016
Simple answer: The Bible is a complete canon (66 books), and the book of Revelation closed out all prophecies. We have all we need in Scripture.
================================================

there can never be a 'closed' with Jesus and His ways and Words, and works,
now and in His future for us, for they are eternal and ever lasting and on going,
ever leading us into the mysteries of His future for us, may we glean and learn
day-by-day, along the paths of His ways...

don't ever forget, that we, us, have only a smidgeon of what He has done and what He
is going to do, this is what the Bible tells us is so...to many BOOKS that cannot contain ALL
of the future that He has planned for those whom will follow and serve and obey Him...

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
acts 2:17 i will pour out my spirit on all flesh, your sons and daughters, shall prophesy.
2. Paul i believe would disagree with the term 4 gospels, as there is only 1. and if you preacher any other Gospel, than the death, burial and resurrection, you are doubly cursed.

The reason i did this posts is the preacher, mockingly called me a prophet,
as one person said, all the things Jesus said or did couldn't be contained,

so adamantly disagree with anyone who denies the gift of prophecy

to deny any gift is to deny the Holy Spirit, and that is infect denying God.

Are the scrriptures Holy ABSOLUTELY. are they all that there is, Hebrews says the spirit will teach us all things. Is that all your things or all of Gods

Those who are spiritual judge all things, but are rightly judged by no one