Notificatons get stuck

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wwjd_kilden

Nothing important, but I am getting curious.

When I "remove" a few notifications (ie read an email), they go away, yet the nr of notifications remains. sometimes even transferring it to another category

For instance, it currently says I have 5 pending friend requests, which I do not. I did have two friend requests and three new likes, so it looks like the likes merged into the other category somehow?
is it my cookies or something on the site that is causing it? Or something else entirely?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
maybe you could try refreshing the page after you delete messages. That's what I do and it usually works. :)

W

wwjd_kilden

nah, they are still there even though I have been moving about on the webpage.
maybe it's just cyberghosts

S

Siberian_Khatru

maybe it's just cyberghosts
Definitely. :p

I don't think clearing your cache + cookies will do it─it's worth a shot, though. It sounds like a "glitch in the system" (sorry Blue, I had to), i.e. it sounds like a hang up on CC's end.

If it doesn't resolve itself within a day or two, give Oncefallen or RoboOp a shout out. Maybe they can help. :)

W

wwjd_kilden

Am on a different computer now, and it is still "stuck", so yea, I guess it is a CC end glitch